Skip to content
Welcome to our new forum! All existing NW Cryobank forum users will need to reset their passwords. Click forgot password and enter your email address to receive the link. Email us at info@nwcryobank.com with any questions.
NW Cryobank community boards and sibling connect groups will no longer be available after December 20th, 2023.
Options

question about donor

babyluvbabyluv Posts: 353
edited November -1 in NW Cryobank Happenings
I know this may be a silly comment /question but here goes. There is a donor that has the features that I'm interested in but he has no reported pregnancies and that's concerning me even though it says he had excellent post thaw perameters. My question has anyone here ever chosen a donor with no previous pregnancy and been successful

Comments

• Options
    kewskews Posts: 7
    edited November -1
    I chose a donor with previous pregnancies, but we chose him more cause he had same facial features of DH. I know a few here have done this and had success, and someone has to be the "first" to get a pregnancy off a donor
    Kirsten (32) DH (35) Matthew (12) Catlin (10), Emily (9, and Open Heart Surgery Survivor) and TTC #4

http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/2badd3
    http://onepanshort.wordpress.com/
  • Options
    babyluvbabyluv Posts: 353
    edited November -1
    When it states that the donor doesn't have low quantity is that referring to the amount of sperm available to buy?
  • Options
    friendamyfriendamy Posts: 588
    edited November -1
    i agree - someone has to be first :) and keep in mind, that the information they post is only as good as the information they get. there could very well be pregnancies out there that were not reported to the sperm bank. i think most families to report it - but its definitely possible that some havent.

if i remember correctly, the donor i used had no reported pregnancies until right before i insemed (he does have a donor sibling thats approx 4 weeks older than him, so that was probably it).
    Amy (39)
    DS (7) - d#470
    Boy, n.: a noise with dirt on it.

age.png
  • Options
    rktink13rktink13 Posts: 83
    edited November -1
    I was the first pregnancy reported with my donor and got prego the very first time with him and all BFN's with donors that had pregnancies already. I think you should go for who you want and forget if they have a pregnancy or not. They have to have a certain motility for the cryobank anyways! I say go for it!
    My Beautiful Babies, I Love Kisses from The Monster! He Doesnt Hand Those Out Much!

DSC_0286-1.gif

DSC_0372-1.jpg
  • Options
    First HopeFirst Hope Posts: 511
    edited November -1
    We also used a donor with no reported pregnancy. Infact we for some reason had enough faith to buy all of him. We go our BFP the first try so we put the rest in storage.
    So I hope we are his first and only. (He stopped donating) We may or may not have a second. Health reasons.
    Good luck
    tt13112d.aspxQWRVm7.pngDSC_0904-1.jpgDSC_0858-1.jpg
  • Options
    jswjsw Posts: 49
    edited November -1
    what do you all think of donors with reported pregnancy but no baby pictures?
  • Options
    care&alicare&ali Posts: 362
    edited November -1
    we were also the first pregnancy for our donor and got our BFP on the first try. :) since then, i know there has been at least one other pregnancy from this donor.
    093bbc9d-2fa9-4ee5-9cf5-b9d31af5141b_4BW.jpg
  • Options
    jswjsw Posts: 49
    edited November -1
    i notice that too expecially if they have been around for years and there was no reported pregnancy. Some donors might have prevous pregnancy because of iui or ivf. Which means they only have a very few motile, that would make it under those circumstances but not ici . Keep in mind if nobody never share baby pics, then they may be anogther indication. I see some post pics of babies that has features of donor that has no reported pregnancies. I dont think it is their features because they even say so.