Skip to content
Welcome to our new forum! All existing NW Cryobank forum users will need to reset their passwords. Click forgot password and enter your email address to receive the link. Email us at info@nwcryobank.com with any questions.
NW Cryobank community boards and sibling connect groups will no longer be available after December 20th, 2023.

Introduce Yourself Here :)

Comments

• sara291sara291 Posts: 1,042
    edited November -1
    yfnr - I know you know me quiet well over the last 5-6 years we've been on the board however most on this side don't.
    I'm a single Mom to a wonderful 2-year-old boy and plan to use the same donor soon to try for # 2. I've also raised my 4-year-old Godson since birth plus have guardianship of my disabled sister.
    It took 10 or 11 cycles for me to have my son & that makes me pretty nervous trying again. My life is busy a lot - really just keeping up with 2 hyper boys however I love being a mom & luckily don't mind working 24/7 usually to keep up. I like to feel productive or I go crazy.
  • BomDiaBomDia Posts: 26
    edited November -1
    Hi eveyone,
    We are probably the newbies on here, but wanted to introduce ourselves. My partner and i have been together for 3 years now and are ready to have a baby! We are both 33, and want to try getting prego at home first. We have learned a lot from all the wonderful post on here, and cant wait to be the next one with baby pictures! We will take any advice you can give, and we wish everyone good luck and congrats on their babies. :)
    So excited to start trying! Good luck to everyone!

Please feel free to keep in touch with us...we love meeting new people and hearing their stories!
  • sherrita18sherrita18 Posts: 29
    edited November -1
    I'm trying to figure out how to post a forum. For some reason it doesn't seem to be giving me that option. Is there anyone that can tell me how to post my own forum please? Thank you so much :)
  • JamesJean23JamesJean23 Posts: 82
    edited November -1
    Hello I'm Ali and my wife is Ashley. We live right outside of Boston. We have been together for 5 years married for a year 1/2 and we are TTC. We are both 26 and I will be the one carrying. I have been charting for about 3 months now, and the plan is to do the first IUI in August. I am thankful for finding this forum because we have no friends who have done this before. I'm excited, nervous, and most of all staying positive. Any tips are greatly appreciated! :)
  • TurtlehartTurtlehart Posts: 834
    edited November -1
    Hello all, my name is Sharon and my wife and I have been TTC for 6 cycles (although not consecutively). The first 4 try's were from a different cryobank, and the past two have been from NWCryobank. This cycle we did our first IUI, and are currently in the TWW period. I am 42 years old, and know that my chances are slim but am still hopeful as my doctor has said that my egg reserve/quality is good, and I am otherwise healthy. My hope is to connect with other women on this forum who are also going through this process, and to offer support where I can.
    Our sweet boy has arrived after TTC'ing for 4 years!
  • lbcole1984lbcole1984 Posts: 1
    edited November -1
    hi my wife and I have gone thru the nwcryo and it did not work the first time so we are going to try again tomorrow with a diff donor. hope it works this will be are first child!
  • newcastlegirlnewcastlegirl Posts: 1
    edited November -1
    Hello my name is Jess my husband and I have been TTC for 3years. He has had Vasectomy Reversal it worked but has sperm antibodies. We have done 5 failed IUI's so moving onto doner. I am scared and excited at the same time. I totally mis calculated my O day and just got a positive and the delivery is scheduled for tomorrow. My question is: What time a day does the delivery usually come if its UPS 2 day air? I am worried I will miss that eggie... Your reply will be greatly appriciated.
  • WannaBeMomOfTwoWannaBeMomOfTwo Posts: 1
    edited November -1
    I am a single mother of a 3 year old little girl who is the love of my life. She came to be from a marriage that did not work out. Her father has never been around, he was at the hospital when she was born and that was it. So since then its been me and here and my awesomely, loving and supportive parents. I am 32 years old and work as a RN, I love it and my life is going great, all except one thing, I want to have another child. I do not for see me getting married again in the future, as the whole marriage thing was just not for me, but I love being a mother. I don't want my little girl to be an only child as I am not, I have a brother and loved growing up with him. I want to have another baby like now, but I am completely clueless as where to begin. I want to try and do the at-home route as I did not have any trouble getting pregnant with my daughter but where do I begin. I am so clueless, I don't know what any of the lingo means, the ttc, tww, opk's, smileys or anything. Is there a book I need to read or something lol. My little girl loves other children and has so much fun around them, I know she will love having a sibling, I just need to get this ball rolling somehow. Any advice will be greatly appreciated :)
    Andrea
  • dustysmomsbdustysmomsb Posts: 185
    edited November -1
    I am a single mother by choice to a 18 month old little boy. He was from a a previous relationship that ended horribly. Now I realize from raising my son that I can do this. I am an awesome mom. So I am using NW to TTC baby #2. Hoping for a girl! I am staring my first cycle July 2013. I am nervous and excited. I am trying to stay relaxed and calm and hope for the best.
    Me (29) SMBC to beautiful boy (4) and TTC #2.
  • Ejsweet30Ejsweet30 Posts: 4
    edited November -1
    Hi I am Emily and my DH and I have been married for 8 years. We started ttc in 2009 and found out my husband has azoo in 2010.
  • KamBeth0907KamBeth0907 Posts: 3
    edited November -1
    Hi there.
    I'm Kam along with my soon-to-be-wife Beth. We're totally new to this process and have a lot to learn. I'm already trying to figure out what some of the lingo is (had to Google 'SMBC'!). I have a daughter from my previous marriage that has significant disabilities. That definitely leaves me nervous about TTC and as Beth wants to experience pregnancy, here we are.

Looking forwarding to reading through posts and getting know others in similar circumstances! I'd also love recommendations of sites/books you use to help you work through this process (knowing your ovulation cycles, inseminating at home, etc.). If anyone has links to information that has been hugely helpful, I'd love for you to share. Sometimes the internet feels so big when you're trying to weed through endless amounts of information.

We're very excited.
  • loislame84loislame84 Posts: 16
    edited November -1
    Hi I'm kelly (28 almost 29) and my partner Lyss is 26. We have been talking about having children for the whole five years we have been together. We decided we wanted to seriously try before I turn 30 since ill be the one carrying the baby(babies?). We had our first at home ici in January. We were so excited when we saw a bpf. We started planning everything out and picking names. I guess we celebrated too quickly. I losted the baby just shy of 10 weeks. I was really heart broken. Here it is almost six months later and we are trying again. I'm the tww now and hopefully it'll be luckier than the first time. 30 is creeping up on me!
    Best of luck to all those ttc!
  • Ambersullivan81Ambersullivan81 Posts: 2
    edited November -1
    Hello! I am Amber and my partner is Megan. We are very new to TTC and we just had our first IUI on 8/7/13, so we are very impatiently waiting our first tww. We have no other children, so we are excited to finally get a BFP and be mommies. Looking forward to getting to know you all. FX and Baby dust to everyone :) !!
    Amber

8/7/13 IUI #1
  • nickelsmonickelsmo Posts: 2
    edited November -1
    Hi! My name is Monica. My partner and I tied 5 times with iui. Our 5th time was a success using donor 6877 :)
    We had our little girl on June 25th
    Lilia Elise!
    Baby dust to all that are still trying!! You will get yours!!!!! :D
  • tmommatmomma Posts: 17
    edited November -1
    hi, I have been married to my wife for 10 years. we have been trying for the last 5 years. we have been going on a rollercoaster trying to conceive. he have been to several doctors and have had several procedures done and still have not yet had a positive pregnancy. I am ordering my vials today and if time is correct will be inseminating on 0827 which just happens to be my wife's birthday. which is my highest point of fertility. hoping and praying for the best. I am using donor 2408. :lol:
  • annmarieomalleyannmarieomalley Posts: 1
    edited November -1
    Hello! My name is AnnMarie, I'm 33 and my partner is Burton. We are trying to conceive our first child and just starting this exciting and frightening journey.
  • Nurse1Nurse1 Posts: 1
    edited November -1
    I am a 31 year old registered nurse. I have been wanting a child for several years. I finally decided that no time will ever be perfect and have decided to start trying. I am so excited but at the same time scared to death. Is that normal. My shipment came in and I'm like OMG I'm gonna do this.
  • LouisvilleKYLouisvilleKY Posts: 1
    edited November -1
    Hello,

I have been thinking about having a child for the last 3yrs and I was hoping I would find a man to settle down with, but that never happened. I will be 34yrs old soon and I feel like my clock is ticking. I ordered an ICI valve a few days ago and will take a pregnancy test in a week to see if I am pregnant. Hopefully it worked. I reside in KY and I do not have any friends or relatives who have ever ordered sperm from a sperm bank. Hopefully I will learn a lot from others on here and maybe gain a few chat buddies.
  • jlfttcjlfttc Posts: 35
    edited November -1
    Hi, all! New to all of this, but so excited! I have PCOS & have struggled to get pregnant. We are currently waiting for photo matching & hoping to get started asap!
  • alaskamomsalaskamoms Posts: 1
    edited November -1
    Hello everyone! My partner and I had a child through NW Cryobank 2 years ago and are currently trying for our second. Keeping our fingers crossed that it will work out for us! :)
  • dreams2realitydreams2reality Posts: 21
    edited November -1
    Hi,

This has been an idea in my head for years and i kept holding out hope that Mr. Right would come along, now I'm 38 and wishing I had decided to do this sooner. I know some people might say this is the craziest thing I have ever done but I think it might be the most sane thing I've ever done! Excited and nervous, but glad to see that I am not alone in this!
    All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them.
  • MoedoMoedo Posts: 254 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Hi Everyone, :)

I've been browsing these boards since January when I decided *this* would be the year I start "trying." Finally!

For most of my life, I have been looking forward to being a mom. At 35, I decided that the time for looking for a partner was over (for now) and that it was time to start the process of finding a donor. I spent most of 2013 getting things in order and preparing my body for this challenging process.

I am beyond excited to start TTC now that fall has arrived! I love all the support and encouragement on this site. And I am so glad to finally be joining you all on this journey. :)
    The best is yet to come! :)
  • saratimes2saratimes2 Posts: 1
    edited November -1
    Hello all, My name is Sarah and my wife's name is Sara. Hence the Saratimes2 =). I am 30 and she is 28. We have been together for 8 years tomorrow (Nov 1) and married (in DC) for 3 years in December. We've been ttc for over 2 years. We started out using a doctor and IUI. 5 tries with no pregnancy, 2 more both resulting in pregnancy and then miscarriages. I've had all kinds of tests done and they all say there is nothing wrong with me at all. So after 20K $$ down the drain we decided to try at home with frozen. We've now tried twice at home with no result and are within days of try #3 at home, #10 overall.

If anyone has any advice for trying at home with frozen I am all ears! Thanks!
  • Monty30Monty30 Posts: 26
    edited November -1
    Hi everyone!

I thought it was about time I introduce myself as I've been trolling the boards for a few weeks now. Lol My name is Bianca. I'm 31 years old and mommy to my wonderful 10 year old son. I've been with my hubby for 8 years and am now ready for my second child. I look forward to getting to know everyone! I guess I'll post my questions elsewhere since this is for intros. ;) Hope everyone has a great weekend and baby dust to all!!!
  • Hope5Hope5 Posts: 1
    edited November -1
    :) I am very much feeling like the new girl in the class! I am Timika (34) and my wife, Joyce (38) ; we have been TTC for a about a year. We do have a beautiful 6yr old from my previous relationship. We started out doing IUI's at a clinic about an hour away from our home. I had 3 IUI's and she had one. I got a BFP last march but miscarried at 8wks. We were devastated. :( We tried another IUI on me again in September after purchasing our 1st home. It was not successful.

We decided to take a break and regroup...not to mention we were adjusting to being new home owners. So of course I threw myself into TTC research. I came across NW Cryobank and felt hopeful about possibly finding a less expensive way to TTC without the middleman. We are hoping that we can try more often and get two BFP...One for HER and one for ME :D:D !
  • wateringcan7wateringcan7 Posts: 200
    edited November -1
    I am a 39 year old single woman who has desired children for years. I have just decided over the past several months to use donor sperm and try an iui. Just ordered my first sperm and plan on doing the iui as soon as I ovulate. Nervous! Never thought I would be paying for sperm or thinking of raising children on my own, always thought the night in shining armor would ride in on his white horse, take me to the altar and then we would have children. I guess our plans don't always work out. But I am so excited and I know that I can do this! That this is even an option! I WAS ALWAys meant to be a mother :)
    #1 IUI 11/19/13 unmedicated BFN
    #2 IUI 12/22/13 clomid 50 mg day 3-7 BFN #3 IUI 12/23/13 BFN
    #4 IUI 2/14/14 unmedicated BFN

th_image-9.jpg
  • lacymonteslacymontes Posts: 1
    edited November -1
    Hello, my name is Lacy, I'm 34. My husband and I found out about a year ago that he cannot get me pregnant. It was heart breaking for both of us. I'm trying to weigh all my options and recently started to look into getting pregnant by a donor.
    Would some one be kind enough to explain the process from start to finish? Everyone here seems like they have a lot of experience and I'm feeling a bit lost.
    Total newby,

Lacy
  • tlizardotlizardo Posts: 2
    edited November -1
    Hi I'm new to the forums. My name is Tasia. I have a partner that I have been with for 4 years now. We are on our 4th attempt using NWCB. Hopefully this will work!! :)
  • dansyldansyl Posts: 13
    edited November -1
    Hi! I am Kara and my wife is Terra. We are TTC our first. I am 28 and she is 41. We are in our first TTW from 1 vial of ici at home. We both really want to conceive at home. We tried once a year and a half ago but it failed. Hopefully we will have better luck this time :) can't wait to meet everyone!
  • valerieandtracyvalerieandtracy Posts: 4
    edited November -1
    Hello everyone.. I'm Valerie (28) and my partner of 5 years is Tracy (49). We are TTC my first - Tracy has a 19 year old daughter. We have given ourselves a year to try at home with donor sperm - fingers crossed! I have been tracking my cycles since July 2013 only via CBE smileys and CM. Tried to keep up with BBT but it is near to impossible for me to get up at the exact same time every day and it was never consistent. Our first attempt was Jan 2014 with 1 vial at 33 hrs post smiley (planned on 24 hrs but nothing worked out right!) and unfortunately resulted in a BFN. Second attempt was set to be Feb 2014, but ovulated earlier then I have in the past 6 months I've been tracking my cycles and unfortunately our little swimmers are not here yet!! So will send it back and try again in March. I have been lurking on this board for a year and am excited to start our own journey.
    TTC #1 Jan 2014 BFN