Skip to content
Welcome to our new forum! All existing NW Cryobank forum users will need to reset their passwords. Click forgot password and enter your email address to receive the link. Email us at info@nwcryobank.com with any questions.
NW Cryobank community boards and sibling connect groups will no longer be available after December 20th, 2023.

40 yr old Mama!

GaBeekeeperGaBeekeeper Posts: 916
edited November -1 in BFP Database
Yep, today is exactly 1 month ago that I turned 40 and it is also the day that my pregnancy was confirmed!!
Here is the story:
Try #1 was April 2009 @ home
#2 July 2009 @ home
#3 August 2009 @ home
#4 September 2009 @ home
#5 July 2010 @ home
#6 August 2010 RE
#7 September 2010 RE AND BFP but lost to MC a few days later
#8 December 2010 RE (new donor)
#9 February 3, 2011 RE AND A BFP!!!

My first betas were 130.6 !!

I feel so different than the last time and I am so happy.
Things I did different:
After the MC I did go to a chiropractor for about a month.
I listened to a relaxation CD that was for pre ovulation and post ovulation.
I read the SECRET and used the positive energy of the universe and according to my nurse I "willed" myself pregnant.
Didn't hurt that I was also on Follistim and that my lining was the best it had ever been (12mm).
I had 3 follicles on the left and one on the right. Did the trigger shot 37hrs prior to IUI.
The day of IUI the US showed that my largest follicle was a 24 and that all 3 were "minutes away" from releasing.
DP was able to come with me for the IUI (first time she ever went).
On the way home I felt a lot of pressure.
When I got home and for the next couple of days I would put a heating pad on my stomach. I would first turn it on LOW then let it get warm, and then turn it off and then put it on my stomach. I read somewhere to keep your uterus warm.
On Valentines day (11dpo) I don't know why, but I took a FRER test in the evening,, a LINE popped up,, I ran and got my CBE digital... PREGNANT.
I was scared that it could be the trigger shot in my system, so I kept testing every day until 14dpo,,, kept giving me positives.
On Feb. 17, 2011 had blood drawn and it was confirmed that I am pregnant!!!
Go back for betas on Monday, 2/21/11
pqkom4.png
FxZxm4.pngcarousel_zps296ade6d.jpg

Comments