Skip to content
Welcome to our new forum! All existing NW Cryobank forum users will need to reset their passwords. Click forgot password and enter your email address to receive the link. Email us at info@nwcryobank.com with any questions.
NW Cryobank community boards and sibling connect groups will no longer be available after December 20th, 2023.
Options

11DPO and...

jenandlorijenandlori Posts: 584
edited November -1 in Trying to Conceive
Ok I know I am not out till the wicked red witch shows up, but we tested this morning and got a BFN. We where so sure we were going to get our BFP this month. Food has been tasting different and yesterday while eating at our favorite restaurant I thought everything was super salty. Our friends and Lori thought I was crazy! They said the food was perfectly seasoned. I feel so bad for Lori she is upset again and asked how people do this cycle after cycle!
Any of you long timers have any advice I can give her? She said as much as she wants a baby she doesn't know if she can continue to handle the TTC stress :(
Baby Dallas born 11/27/13

IMG_9532_zpsff82306d.jpg

Comments

• Options
    sugarprincesssugarprincess Posts: 629
    edited November -1
    Awww man, i was just thinking of you this morning and wondered if you tested yet. There is still time, it sucks so bad waiting. I just said the same thing to my husband this morning about how much stress the process puts on me and how if i dont get pregnant how i am going to keep doing this. I hope it is a false neg for you.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Thanks sugar. I don't know how some of the others have tried for years! This TTC is so damn stressful.

IMG_9532_zpsff82306d.jpg
  • Options
    2moms2be2moms2be Posts: 226
    edited November -1
    Not over yet, like you said! You do it till you get your just reward! A awesome Baby! I know easier said than done, right there with you guys, as you know. HUGS!!!!!
    Try#1 BFN Try#2 BFN Try#3 BFN Try#4 BFN Try#5 BFN Try#6 BFN Try#7 (after 8 months off) BFP!!! We are MOMS!
    475374_4381287044509_1614899970_o.jpg
    ojalm5.png
  • Options
    rspbryswrlrspbryswrl Posts: 136
    edited November -1
    Big hugs! I know it is as stressful for my DH as it is for me, and it doesn't get any easier, just gotta keep our eye on the prize!
  • Options
    indigoscotindigoscot Posts: 246
    edited November -1
    sorry for your bfn. :( it is stressful, even those of us who are lucky to get pg fairly quickly find it stressful!!!!

i can't remember if you are doing your insems at home or with a doctor??

g
    nirim4.png
    onmFm5.png
    tMYCm5.png
  • Options
    GaBeekeeperGaBeekeeper Posts: 916
    edited November -1
    keep the faith,,, I remember hearing about others who kept getting BFN's then on 16dpo,, BFP!!!
    FX for you!
    pqkom4.png
    FxZxm4.pngcarousel_zps296ade6d.jpg
  • Options
    twondratwondra Posts: 81
    edited November -1
    (((HUGS))) I feel for you. I've done 12 IUIs, 1 IVF and a FET with donor embryos, all which failed. We've also had 2 circumstances of donor egg IVF and adoption, which didn't pan out. We've been TTC for 7-1/2 years. I've been asked a few times what keeps me going and I say "I can't give up. What kind of a mother would I be if I gave up on my child?"

I guess that yearning and desire to be a mother is just so strong that I just have to keep going. It's been so hard. There have been days that I hate myself, hate my body, hate the world, I can't get out of bed. There are times that I think I just can't do it anymore, financially or emotionally.

Then I look into my nephews or niece's eyes (I'm very, very close to them), realize how much I love them and know that I would go through all this all over again for them and that gives me the strength to keep going.

Also, God. I'm a Christian and there's no way I'd be able to go through this without Him.

And I know every single failed IUI, IVF and FET I've done has been done for a reason. I can tell you the reason for every one of them and I know I've gone through it for a purpose.

Hang in there sweetie! I hope it's just early and you get your BFP. If you ever need to talk, we're here! (((HUGS)))
    Tammy and Mark...TTC since 2003
    12 failed IUIs, 1 failed IVF after rare fertilized eggs not dividing, Adopted 3 perfect embies in April 2010--BFN.
    Undergoing FET with 3 adopted embies spring 2011
    www.twondra.blogspot.com
    www.freewebs.com/twondra Mark's transplant journey
  • Options
    poems0431poems0431 Posts: 337
    edited November -1
    It's not over until af shows. Don't give up!
    IT'S A BOY!
    1st beta 456 at 15dpo
    2nd beta 6000 at 22 dpo
    NuNSm5.png
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Twondra you are inspirations to us all. I have followed your story and I wish you a BFP soon. you two have done just about everything and I know y'alls is coming soon. We are doing it at home, I just hate how my mind plays tricks on me. I will not give up and we will continue to try until we have our little bundle of joy!

IMG_9532_zpsff82306d.jpg
  • Options
    indigoscotindigoscot Posts: 246
    edited November -1
    ah, at home. :) i wasn't sure. in that case, i'd either try a few more times at home or go straight to an RE and have some testing done.

i know trying at home means a lot to some couples but we wanted to get pregnant and since i was 36 when we started we didn't want to waste any time. the standard testing can usually be coded so as not to trigger infertility flags. seriously there are plenty of fertility issues out there that you would have no idea about. between my dp and i:

elevated prolactin (took dostinex to lower)
    factor v leiden hetero (both of us - baby aspirin daily when ttc and first trimester)
    mthfr A1298C (folic acid daily, b12 daily)
    hypothyroidism (hashimoto's - auto immune disorder - synthroid daily, regular thyroid hormones check)
    pcos (metformin while ttc)
    uterine polyp (removed via surgery)

we had no idea we had any of these conditions. dp's old pcp saw that her tsh was slightly elevated but didn't flag it. turns out it was sub-clinical hypothyroidism. neither of our families have fertility issues although dp's does have other auto immune - diabetes and rheumatoid arthritis.

my factor v leiden was discovered due to a post-partum blood clot. if i hadn't realised the signs (from the sheet they send you home from the hospital with post-partum) i could have died. clots are nothing to mess with. because of that, dp had the entire miscarriage panel done and that's when we found that she had factor v leiden and the mthfr.

we were very aggresive with resolving all of these issues - and they were very easily fixed or controlled. ds1 was conceived 4 months into ttc but on our second try. ds2 was conceived 5 months into ttc but on our third try.

i really hope you have some fast success but wanted to point out that sometimes there are medical reasons why ttc isn't working. after 2 tries i would not put you in that category but it's something to bear in mind.

g
    nirim4.png
    onmFm5.png
    tMYCm5.png
  • Options
    LexnaniLexnani Posts: 398 ✭✭
    edited February 2011
    Awww I hear you. I know it is stressful. But you still have time. Stay positive.
  • Options
    twondratwondra Posts: 81
    edited November -1
    Thanks for your compliment jenandlori! You're so sweet. I just hope something I said helped you. I could feel myself saying some of those exact words and it doesn't matter if you've been TTC for 2 months, 2 years or 20 years....it hurts just the same. We're all here for you! ((HUGS))
    Tammy and Mark...TTC since 2003
    12 failed IUIs, 1 failed IVF after rare fertilized eggs not dividing, Adopted 3 perfect embies in April 2010--BFN.
    Undergoing FET with 3 adopted embies spring 2011
    www.twondra.blogspot.com
    www.freewebs.com/twondra Mark's transplant journey