Skip to content
Welcome to our new forum! All existing NW Cryobank forum users will need to reset their passwords. Click forgot password and enter your email address to receive the link. Email us at info@nwcryobank.com with any questions.
NW Cryobank community boards and sibling connect groups will no longer be available after December 20th, 2023.

heating blankets

babyluvbabyluv Posts: 353
edited November -1 in Trying to Conceive
I usually don't use these but I bought one and I've been using it since Wednesday, I had really bad cramps, Saturday I start taking Femara but today I was Googling ttc stuff and it said heating pads may impair ovulation and damage eggs. So I tried looking up more stuff on the topic the only thing I could find was not to use in early stages of pregnancy. Do you guys think everything should be fine ?

Comments

• annerbonesannerbones Posts: 1,812
    edited November -1
    I had heard something about the electrical field created by the heating blanket messing with your body. When I was TTC I avoided my heated blanket like it was the plague. I used a hot water bottle to keep me warm or keep my feet warm.

Good Luck
    raF7m7.png
    Progesterone therapy and baby aspirin daily

Two miscarriages in between (August 2012 - same donor as Maggie, and December 2014 with husband)
    Maggie
    PNa0m7.png
  • KNSKNS Posts: 399
    edited November -1
    There are lots of things that create electrical fields, so if you had to avoid electric blankets, in theory you would have to avoid all the other things too. At least that is what I am thinking.

Now I do know that getting overwarm either with warming blankets, hot tubs or just being in hot temps can cause problems with growing babies in pregnant women. For that reason alone I would try to avoid gettting overwarm. Maybe thats where the confusion with the electric fields are coming in?

I believe that even cell phones create fields and I haven't heard warnings about those for conceiving. I hope this makes you more comfortable and that you feel better soon. ((hugs))
    Karen