Skip to content
Welcome to our new forum! All existing NW Cryobank forum users will need to reset their passwords. Click forgot password and enter your email address to receive the link. Email us at info@nwcryobank.com with any questions.
NW Cryobank community boards and sibling connect groups will no longer be available after December 20th, 2023.
Options

help fast

brittneybrittney Posts: 46
edited November -1 in Trying to Conceive
so today is the 14th day of my cycle and i started testing two days ago two a day,this morning at 6am i tested and it was negitive then at 4:30pm i tested and it was positive i got a smiley woohoo but then for some reason i decited to test again at 7:30pm and it was negative no smiley on the digital clear blue easy,it has me worried were my eyes playing tricks on me lol or was there a false positive what do i do?help

Comments

• Options
    annerbonesannerbones Posts: 1,812
    edited November -1
    Sounds like a false positive. What are your other symptoms? CM? Cervix?
    raF7m7.png
    Progesterone therapy and baby aspirin daily

Two miscarriages in between (August 2012 - same donor as Maggie, and December 2014 with husband)
    Maggie
    PNa0m7.png
  • Options
    FaithHopeLoveFaithHopeLove Posts: 59
    edited November -1
    Could be affected by how much fluid you drank/how dilute your urine was at 7:30. Hope you tested again this am! Good luck to you!!!!
  • Options
    BabyBugsArrivalBabyBugsArrival Posts: 523
    edited November -1
    sorry that i'm just now seeing this, so it probably won't help you this time around...but my surges are VERY short. When I got my first smiley, I questioned it too, but sure enough 2 days later I had my temp increase and AF showed up 14 days from that.
    mommaandme-1.jpg
  • Options
    chandraandamandachandraandamanda Posts: 676
    edited February 2011
    Last cycle I got the smiley then it was gone a couple of hours later. It was accurate--all other body signs lined up, and temp rise came the next day. I hope everything worked out.
    theowlandtheoctopusblog.blogspot.com
    Amanda and Chandra
    DSCF7259-1.jpg
  • Options
    stwrrstwrr Posts: 455 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Me too - this JUST happened. Got my LH surge on Saturday. I was testing with both the smilies, the cheap brand Up & Up from Target, and the really really cheap ones from the dollar store. On Saturday at 9am, I got nothing on all three tests. I was testing twice a day because all the other signs were lined up (CM and such), and so at 9pm, I got a positive on the Smilie, and an "almost darker than the test line" on the other two.

So I was still awake at midnight, and thought just for kicks, I'd do another batch. No smilie, and and again an "almost darker than the test line, but slightly ligher than the last time" on the other two.

Which tells me much LH surge is less than 12 hours long. And of course, this made timing the insems really hard because I had a "NO" at 9am, and a "YES" at 9pm... 12 hours apart... oye.

If everything else lines up, test 3-4 times a day, even if you're not getting darker on the cheaper tests. I will next month!

And this is the second cycle for me that I only had one positive smilie. I think it's normal for me now, thus, it can be for you too. :)

~ Sandy
    407251321.jpg