Skip to content
Welcome to our new forum! All existing NW Cryobank forum users will need to reset their passwords. Click forgot password and enter your email address to receive the link. Email us at info@nwcryobank.com with any questions.
NW Cryobank community boards and sibling connect groups will no longer be available after December 20th, 2023.
Options

excited!~. and have a question..

alp75alp75 Posts: 340
edited November -1 in Trying to Conceive
I am really getting excited now. Just got an email with the tracking number and it is starting to feel real now. My cycle was 2 days later than expected though and the shipment will be here on cycle day 7 instead of 9. I usually have a 26 day cycle with a 12 day luteal phase (ovulation around 4-5th) but if I do have another 28er, they should still be frozen by then right? I know they gaurantee 7 days, but I am still curious about the timing..
angela1_16393.gif

Comments

• Options
    ncteacherncteacher Posts: 178
    edited November -1
    What day are you guessing that you will see the smiley? And when are the swimmers arriving?
  • Options
    edited November -1
    swimmers will be here Friday.. and if I have a 28 day cycle with a 12 day luteal phase, I would ovulate around the 6th. I am hoping for a 26 day cycle again and O' around 4 with a positive smiley the 3...(approximately)..
    angela1_16393.gif
  • Options
    ncteacherncteacher Posts: 178
    edited November -1
    That's cutting it REALLY close...my nurse told me that the 7 days in the dewar is not a guarantee...maybe one of the girls that has actually dealt with the dewar can help asI have it shipped directly to the doc for an IUI.
  • Options
    LokiLoki Posts: 316
    edited November -1
    I was 3 late ovulating this cycle and kept the dewer 9 days. It was fine- no problems at all. I was careful not to leave the dewer open very long- I was super speedy when I checked to make sure everything was there and when I retieved a vial. I didn't want too much cold to escape! If you end up keeping it past 7 days be sure to call NW and let them know. They are VERY nice/understanding, and they very much appreciate a call letting them know what's up.
  • Options
    emn'saremn'sar Posts: 393
    edited November -1
    due to a holiday, we had to have our dewar shipped very early. we were a little worried that it might defrost so we upgraded to a 14 day tank to be on the safe side. does NW have this option? then at least you wouldn't have to add yet one more stressor...
    IMG_3390_zpse5e180d0.jpg
    IMG_2211_zps372f01d9.jpg
    Avery 2.5 years and Julian 4.5 months
  • Options
    stwrrstwrr Posts: 455 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    They should be just fine. But you can also get the tank recharged locally too, if you had to. NW will walk you through it, but they will also probably tell you it will be fine. :)

~ Sandy
    407251321.jpg
  • Options
    chandraandamandachandraandamanda Posts: 676
    edited November -1
    I asked this question before and someone who responded said she had kept it for another week past the guaranteed 7 days. We are also getting ready for our "helpers" to arrive and make a baby. Good luck!
    theowlandtheoctopusblog.blogspot.com
    Amanda and Chandra
    DSCF7259-1.jpg
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Thanks everyone! Hoping it will all turn out good ....
    angela1_16393.gif