Skip to content
Welcome to our new forum! All existing NW Cryobank forum users will need to reset their passwords. Click forgot password and enter your email address to receive the link. Email us at info@nwcryobank.com with any questions.
NW Cryobank community boards and sibling connect groups will no longer be available after December 20th, 2023.

seriously....wtf I don't understand!

Autumn&RyanAutumn&Ryan Posts: 157
edited November -1 in Trying to Conceive
I had a pos digital OPK last night at 11pm don't have any sperm though so AIing not gonna happen but I tested again once this morning and again in the afternoon because I am trying to figure out how long I am fertile. Guess what, negative for LH surge this morning, an hour ago it was positive again. wtf...is that normal??? The more I try to undestand about TTC, the more confused I become! Holy smokes, this is never going to happen for me if I can't figure this stuff out!
Is the LH surge suppose to kick in, kick out and then kick back in or is my body more messed up than I thought?

Comments

• GoobieGoobie Posts: 3,515
    edited November -1
    dilution of urine? Maybe you hd less LH in your system at the one point beacause you had drank more? I also heard that LH builds in your system during the day, which is why it is common to have your surge in the afternoon, and not to test with FMU because it doesn't secrete as much in your system through the night
    tt125c22.aspx

Need to update a ticker, Silas Anthony Jordon born Oct 11, 2013. 6th baby, so much love!
  • emn'saremn'sar Posts: 393
    edited November -1
    this is normal and happens a lot. that is why all the boxes of opks advise you to STOP testing once you get a positive. i'm convinced so that it doesn't confuse you. once you get a positive, stop testing and just calculate the insem times on your other signs of ovulation. the other signs of ovulation are WAY more reliable than any opk! trust me...my opks were totally messed up the month we got our bfp so i just followed all of my other signs (cervix opening, cm, O pains, temps, etc.) and it worked!!!
    IMG_3390_zpse5e180d0.jpg
    IMG_2211_zps372f01d9.jpg
    Avery 2.5 years and Julian 4.5 months
  • mommylovemommylove Posts: 1,582
    edited November -1
    Its usually more to do with the concentration of LH hormones in your urine and that can chance from each time you test. This is why they say the only smiley (+OPK) that counts is the first one and you should base timing your insemination off of that time.

You should really focus more on other ovulation signs to pinpoint how long your window for timing insems is. This is where temping, checking your cervix and cervical mucous all come in handy.
    be422225-267e-4ff7-94c0-a8d5baf3176a_zpse0970fea.jpg
    October 2014

Dk5Zm7.png

22gfm7.png
  • Autumn&RyanAutumn&Ryan Posts: 157
    edited November -1
    Okay but if I am still testing positive with the OPK's is it likely that I have not ovulated or more likely that I did ovulate and the hormone is still in my system?
  • mommylovemommylove Posts: 1,582
    edited November -1
    You can't really determine that as the LH hormone sticks around for a while after ovulation as well...just go off of the first +OPK and time insems according to that. Keeping in mind its better to have the swimmers up there before the egg drops.
    be422225-267e-4ff7-94c0-a8d5baf3176a_zpse0970fea.jpg
    October 2014

Dk5Zm7.png

22gfm7.png
  • smartycat92smartycat92 Posts: 564
    edited November -1
    It does not matter how long your LH surge is... just that it happens. Ovulation occurs approx 36hrs after that first +OPK. You can get just one +OPK and ovulate just fine. How long it lasts means absolutely nothing. Stop when you get the first positive.
    . 0vthk9cno.png
    20137aff-9c20-4097-91b7-ac919c10954f_zpsd88d3a6c.jpg
    o4bd1nxgy.png
  • chandraandamandachandraandamanda Posts: 676
    edited November -1
    this is why i test every few hours when i know O time is getting close. last month i only got a positive on the digital opk once. All other signs lined up. if i hadn't been testing so often i would have missed it.
    theowlandtheoctopusblog.blogspot.com
    Amanda and Chandra
    DSCF7259-1.jpg