Skip to content
Welcome to our new forum! All existing NW Cryobank forum users will need to reset their passwords. Click forgot password and enter your email address to receive the link. Email us at info@nwcryobank.com with any questions.
NW Cryobank community boards and sibling connect groups will no longer be available after December 20th, 2023.
Options

Update on us

jimnkris01jimnkris01 Posts: 19
edited November -1 in Trying to Conceive
Well I am pleased to see all of the BFPs and I wish you all of the luck in the world. Everyone deserves a chance at being a mommy. This month we had our BPF on day 13 which was followed by cramping and bleeding. I knew it wouldn't take my temps were falling. An emergency room visit thankfully confirmed that it wasn't a tubal but there was nothing in site. On 16DPO AF showed up and my husband and I cried. Yes he's a softy and it is ok for him to cry. We decided to take some time off. We are saving every last penny until June 1st for his surgery of Vasectomy reversal.. Oh and we told my parents. They are joining us in Texas for the proceedure. Although they think we are crazy they are thrilled at our accomplishments and look forward to a new baby next year.
I can not tell you how positive this experience has been. Good luck to you all.
Kris and Jim...
I will keep in touch from time to time. Good luck to you all...

Comments

• Options
    GoobieGoobie Posts: 3,515
    edited November -1
    So sorry to hear you went through this ): Best of luck to you on the vasectomy reversal, and please do stay in touch! *hugs*
    tt125c22.aspx

Need to update a ticker, Silas Anthony Jordon born Oct 11, 2013. 6th baby, so much love!
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I Will. We are on FB too. I will keep you all informed. Going to concentrate on the kids last few months of school. Then off to Texas in June. I am going to have a huge margarita for all of you when I get there...
  • Options
    GoobieGoobie Posts: 3,515
    edited November -1
    Do I have you on my FB? Feel free to add me if we're not already friends on there, you can find me under Rae Goobie Lewis
    tt125c22.aspx

Need to update a ticker, Silas Anthony Jordon born Oct 11, 2013. 6th baby, so much love!
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I am on the NW Girls Page. My newest pic is of the whole fam so you can see....
  • Options
    KNSKNS Posts: 399
    edited November -1
    Oh I am so sorry!

As for the VR. I want to say don't get overly hopeful, I'm hearing statitics like 50% never result in a pregnancy due to many reasons. A lot are successful as in a return of sperm but often the sperm is malformed or has crappy motility (swims in circles or not at all) or is full of anti sperm antibodies.

Husband had one in 2008 and here we are using donor sperm. He has crappy motility and probably anti bodies too but we aren't paying another $500 for the test to find out.

I don't want to discourage you just wanted you to see the other side of the coin (so to speak) The reversal doctors and people on the reversal forums are all so positive but in reality the facts aren't so rosey.

Best of luck and keep in touch on the NW FB page. (((HUGS)))
    Karen