Skip to content
Welcome to our new forum! All existing NW Cryobank forum users will need to reset their passwords. Click forgot password and enter your email address to receive the link. Email us at info@nwcryobank.com with any questions.
NW Cryobank community boards and sibling connect groups will no longer be available after December 20th, 2023.

questions about the at home kits

leese814leese814 Posts: 24
edited November -1 in Trying to Conceive
I'm completely new to this and I'm sorry I don't know all the lingo. I want to do an IUI and ICI but I'm scared to do the IUI myself. I am friends with my primary but she doesn't have the equipment in her office to do an IUI. Does the kit come with the right stuff? Also I've been reading a lot about timing and just wanted to clarify...after the first positive ovulation test you inseminate 10ish hours later and again at 24ish hours later? Thank you guys so much. I know this is far fetched but anyone using a donor because of SMA?
nbvybc.jpg2w6ccyg.jpg

Mommy to Makenna Jolee 16 months old. Spinal Muscular Atrophy type 1

Comments

• GoobieGoobie Posts: 3,515
    edited November -1
    Yep, the insem kit you can get through NW ($10) has everything you need for the IUI, except a speculum. It comes with the syringe, catheter and Instead cup. You can get catheters on Amazon if you need one.

As for timing, it all depends when you ovulate after your first +OPK... for some O within 12 hours after +OPK and others (like me) not till 44-48 hours after.

Good luck!
    tt125c22.aspx

Need to update a ticker, Silas Anthony Jordon born Oct 11, 2013. 6th baby, so much love!
  • leese814leese814 Posts: 24
    edited November -1
    What kind of ovulation tests do people use? What do people consider a positive test? When the test line is as dark as the other line?
    nbvybc.jpg2w6ccyg.jpg

Mommy to Makenna Jolee 16 months old. Spinal Muscular Atrophy type 1
  • GoobieGoobie Posts: 3,515
    edited November -1
    leese814: get the clearblue digitals... you get a cute little smiley face and there is no guesswork to "is that line darker? as dark as?" What I do is use cheap line tests for the few days leading up to, then when I start to get that second line and it starts to get a little darker (but not as dark as) then I switch to the smileys. Best TTC investment I have made so far.
    tt125c22.aspx

Need to update a ticker, Silas Anthony Jordon born Oct 11, 2013. 6th baby, so much love!