Skip to content
Welcome to our new forum! All existing NW Cryobank forum users will need to reset their passwords. Click forgot password and enter your email address to receive the link. Email us at info@nwcryobank.com with any questions.
NW Cryobank community boards and sibling connect groups will no longer be available after December 20th, 2023.
Options

OB Help?

mama2bemama2be Posts: 61
edited November -1 in Trying to Conceive
Hi girls!
Me and DP have been TTC off and on for almost 2 years with no luck. We have tried NW frozen, fresh sperm with a KD, clomid,cycle day 3 blood work( all normal) , HSG testing ( I have one blocked tube, and DP is all clear) and even both of us trying with no results! We use smiley opk's and check cervix with a speculum for changes. We feel like we have had some good timings and still nothing.

Anywho, my questions is do any of you have an OB that is willing to do ultrasound monitoring for follicle maturation and bloodwork before ovulation? All the OB's we have asked are hesitate to do anything and say will have to refer to an RE. We live in the Midwest and are a lesbian couple. The RE wants $500.00 just for a consultation which we think is nuts, but are tired of BFN's ! Just curiuos what other OB's are willing to do for their patients, it's not like we are asking for illegal drugs, we just want a baby!
Thanks!
Kris and Jamie

Comments

• Options
    LovingMomsLovingMoms Posts: 1,078
    edited November -1
    Well, I had 3 medicated with my OB on clomid and now she is referring me to a RE which we go to on Friday. At this point I want to do anything I can to get our baby.

Good Luck to you and hope you can find an RE that will work with you both.
    July 2011 BFP, miscarried at 5 weeks.
    aW7Dm4.png
  • Options
    Autumn&RyanAutumn&Ryan Posts: 157
    edited November -1
    I guess we are kind of lucky to live in the area we do, OB's do all of that and more here. They have to, there isn't an RE for over 200 miles.
    Mine said if we need to, she will take care of all of that for us.
  • Options
    FlowergirlFlowergirl Posts: 2,040
    edited November -1
    My OB does all of these things for me... The only thing he can't/wont do is IVF, which we can't do at this time anyway.... He is wonderful!
    After 9 yrs & 1 devastating loss, we got our BFP at 9DPO ~ and welcomed our beautiful son on Halloween! Best treat ever!!

a3cmlv.jpg