Skip to content
Welcome to our new forum! All existing NW Cryobank forum users will need to reset their passwords. Click forgot password and enter your email address to receive the link. Email us at info@nwcryobank.com with any questions.
NW Cryobank community boards and sibling connect groups will no longer be available after December 20th, 2023.
Options

Ordered swimmers today....3rd x's a charm!

kandmckandmc Posts: 50
edited November -1 in Trying to Conceive
3rd x's a charm......right??? We will be AI'ing last week of March!

Quick question - so we decided to actually do 2 ICI vials instead of just 1 this time around, and being a bit older (38) I should ovulate a bit closer to my first smiley, right? So we were thinking of doing the first ICI maybe like 6-8 hours after OPK, and the second ICI 24-30 hours after? Thoughts??
DSC_0906.jpg

Comments

• Options
    BabyBugsArrivalBabyBugsArrival Posts: 523
    edited November -1
    Really rooting for you!! Hope you have much luck this cycle!

As for O timing, I just wanted to say that I was a little worried that I'd O close to opk too (I'm 35). But, when I did temps, I wasn't seeing a shift until the 3rd day after +opk. So, I'm guessing I O'd around 48 hours after +. I know everyone is different, and I haven't been temping consistently since then, but it's usually a couple of days before my temp goes up. If you've got 2 vials, then you're able to cover a pretty good window...and your timing seems to cover you well. Good luck again and sticky baby dust!!
    mommaandme-1.jpg
  • Options
    cocobaycocobay Posts: 1,318
    edited November -1
    I totally agree that 3rd time is a charm. Was for us. We used 2 IUI vials our 3rd try and we spaced them at 22 and 36 hours after + OPK. I think the 2nd vial at 36 hours is the one that gave us our BFP. Just trust your gut feeling. Do what feels right to you. Good Luck and hoping for your BFP this cycle.
  • Options
    LovingMomsLovingMoms Posts: 1,078
    edited November -1
    Good Luck. Your timing sounds good.
    July 2011 BFP, miscarried at 5 weeks.
    aW7Dm4.png
  • Options
    Dance-Pray-LoveDance-Pray-Love Posts: 143
    edited November -1
    Good Luck !!! Sounds good to me !
    cj14yB7.jpgcj14m7.png
  • Options
    muripherousmuripherous Posts: 264
    edited November -1
    Third time was a charm for me! Regarding timing, keep an eye on your temps and (more importantly) your cervix. I hadn't temped prior to my last attempt. I'd also thought that my age (36) would cause me to ovulate closer to LH Surge. Incorrect!

As it turns out, I got my first positive LH surge on Sunday @ 4:30 p.m. and didn't ovulate until Thursday. That's quite a stretch of time! Almost three days later, my cervix was still half-open---that's when I did my final ICI.

Everyone's body is different. Honestly, had I not bought a speculum and started looking at my cervix regularly, I would have most certainly inseminated too early.
    Good luck to you!
    kR99m5.png
    6monthcollage.jpg
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Thanks for the info. and the words of encouragement! It really makes me wonder if we've been inseminating just too dang early the past two times. So I will use my BBT this time around after I get my first +OPK and wait for the dip....
    DSC_0906.jpg
  • Options
    jenandlorijenandlori Posts: 584
    edited November -1
    Good luck this round. We are also hoping third time is a charm!!
    Baby Dallas born 11/27/13

IMG_9532_zpsff82306d.jpg
  • Options
    Sassy2uSassy2u Posts: 236
    edited November -1
    No words of wisdom to give but I just wanted to say I hope third time is a BFP charm. :)
  • Options
    2moms2be2moms2be Posts: 226
    edited November -1
    Third time for us as well.....We are the next round of BFP's :P
    Try#1 BFN Try#2 BFN Try#3 BFN Try#4 BFN Try#5 BFN Try#6 BFN Try#7 (after 8 months off) BFP!!! We are MOMS!
    475374_4381287044509_1614899970_o.jpg
    ojalm5.png
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Wishing you all the very best!!!!!!

This timing thing is just a pain in the patoot!!
    wMgFm5.png
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Ha ha...totally a pain in the arse!! Thank you for the advice on temping...I think I will this time. Yes...2moms2be, hoping for 3rd x's a charm luck for all of us!!
    DSC_0906.jpg