Skip to content
Welcome to our new forum! All existing NW Cryobank forum users will need to reset their passwords. Click forgot password and enter your email address to receive the link. Email us at info@nwcryobank.com with any questions.
NW Cryobank community boards and sibling connect groups will no longer be available after December 20th, 2023.
Options

Trying to figure out when I do Ovulate

A&BbabyboundA&Bbabybound Posts: 193
edited November -1 in Trying to Conceive
Ladies need your help I am so confused!

This is our first insemination with frozen. I am trying to determine when to inseminate and want to make sure we time it right. I know that we "normally" O 24-48 hours after the positive OPK and temp will spike. BUT for me some months it looks like I O the day after and some up to 2 days later. So hard to determine the "right" time to inseminate.
I normally get a +OPK between day 10-13 (sometimes two days of psoitive), I am CD12 today but no positive yet. Maybe later tonight I hope!

Yesterday's temp was 97.00
Today's temp was 96.98
Still getting -OPKs

November and December I did not get a +OPK and I am so afraid same thing will happen this month. I know I need to relax!

Please help!

TIA!!!
Me (38) TTC
Wife of 6 years to Becky
Oct 2011 BFN
May 2012 BFN
July 2012 BF?
My Ovulation Chart

Comments

• Options
    nervouswrecknervouswreck Posts: 379
    edited November -1
    Have you got any other signs that are lining up (CM fluid, cervical position, os size? ) Also what is your age, are you taking any meds and are you using ICI or IUI format ?
    perhaps you will get a positive opk and ovulate at around the same time. I have had that happen, kinda PIA if you ask me!
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I am 36. I had more EWCM yesterday, (sorry for the TMI but more of a paste) today hardly anything but if I had to determine today's its watery but very minimal.
    I'm not sure how to check my cervix, well not sure what to look for position or size...yikes guess I should know but don't.
    Me (38) TTC
    Wife of 6 years to Becky
    Oct 2011 BFN
    May 2012 BFN
    July 2012 BF?
    My Ovulation Chart
  • Options
    edited November -1
    It is possible that you will get the pos opk tonight because you still have decent CM fluid if it is watery. Is the cm fluid consistant with the months that you did not get a positive opk ?
  • Options
    Dance-Pray-LoveDance-Pray-Love Posts: 143
    edited November -1
    Silly question....... But when you get the EWCM ... is THAT the best time to inseminate ?
    cj14yB7.jpgcj14m7.png
  • Options
    stwrrstwrr Posts: 455 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I think so. But maybe one of the ladies who has been at this longer than me can answer. For me, it FELT like the best time. Everything said "come hither".

~ Sandy
    407251321.jpg
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Well I don't know about most people, but I sometimes get EWCM days before I get a positive OPK. By the time I get a positive opk (smiley and lined) my cm has usually turned watery. The only time I would AI with EWCM without a positive OPK would be when I had a 65%-80% open os with a visual inspection using a speculum. At that point I would consider using ICI because it would cover a longer window of time.
  • Options
    alp75alp75 Posts: 340
    edited November -1
    I am having the same problem. I have no idea when I o.. I haven't even bothered to check in 4 years but know I have 26-27 day cycles. and just assumed it would be what it was then-- 12 day luteal phase, but now I am not so sure. I haven't had a positive opk yet and my ewcm is starting to dry up and I am getting a bit nervous here.. I was contemplating doing an ICI and hoping to see a surge but so unsure what to do....I do wish you all the luck as it can so oooooooo be confusing!
    angela1_16393.gif
  • Options
    edited November -1
    If you havent already invested in a speculum , do so.Sometimes your ob will give them to you or you can find them online. It is hard to get used to, but can take some guess work out of the process,
  • Options
    BabyBugsArrivalBabyBugsArrival Posts: 523
    edited November -1
    Hmm, tough question. For me, I never get much ewcm. I've tried grapefruit juice and evening primrose and I didn't see much difference at all, so I can't judge it off of that factor. I do notice (only by using the speculum and seeing it) that the cm around my cervix is more clear and thinner the later we wait after +opk. I can't usually reach my cervix with my fingertip at time of O, and since there isn't much ewcm I can only look at it. Like nervouswreck mentioned, some women have ewcm for a couple of days before other things line up. Have you checked fertilityfriend charts? I know that's not much help to you right now, but it might help add all the pieces of the puzzle up?

Do you normally get your +opks at the same time of day? Are you using smiley digitals or lined opks? If it were me, given the lack of cm, I'd wait to try to get that +opk. My first cycle on Femara, I was shocked to get the smiley the time I did...I did a lined test first and I would've sworn that it would still be another couple of days based on how light the line was. But sure enough, I got a smiley. After 15 mins or so, the lined test became darker on the far left side, but still I wouldn't have pegged it as a positive. I hope that helps in some way. Good luck and sticky baby dust to you!!!
    mommaandme-1.jpg
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    We do have a speculum that we bought for IUI, I will have DW check tonight.

BabybugArrival-I use both the lined and digital smiley.

I am starting to wonder if my surge is very short. This morning I used FMU and it was close to positive, then at 9am even closer with alot of watery CM, 11am very faint and no smiley (only time I tried digital). Just want again and alot lighter then 11am. Driving me crazy!

Should I consider my 9am as my first positive and do IUI tonight?

Temp went way down this morning to 96.80. Wonder if I will get the spike tomorrow.
    Me (38) TTC
    Wife of 6 years to Becky
    Oct 2011 BFN
    May 2012 BFN
    July 2012 BF?
    My Ovulation Chart