Skip to content
Welcome to our new forum! All existing NW Cryobank forum users will need to reset their passwords. Click forgot password and enter your email address to receive the link. Email us at info@nwcryobank.com with any questions.
NW Cryobank community boards and sibling connect groups will no longer be available after December 20th, 2023.
Options

BFP Timing & Bodily Signs

stwrrstwrr Posts: 455 ✭✭
edited November -1 in Trying to Conceive
Hiya!

A few folks have asked about our timing this cycle, and what bodily signs of pregnancy I may or may not have had... TMI warning!

For signs, I'm currently 11 DPO, right? So on Day 7, my nipples were kinda sore. Not the whole part, just the umm... pointy nipple part. Sorry, I don't know the lingo! And that was very unusual for me - I'm not one of those women that get signs leading up to their period - it just surprises me each month. I had sore nipples a year ago, the cycle right after going off birth control, but that was it. So that was weird... and they haven't stopped being sore yet. Just enough to make sex a little less fun, cause they're just a little too sensitive you know?

On Day 6, last Saturday, we had tasty tasty taco dip for dinner. And for lunch the next day, and the day after... and I was a bit gassy. I thought it was the taco dip. But it didn't let up. Like... it was noticeable, to the point where I made sure I used the public restrooms at work only when no one else was there, just in case a noise should be made. Not... eww... a squishy noise, but just a normal fart. How embarrassing though! I guess I'll be getting over it soon, right? Tug. Tell me it goes away.

I've had some lower back aching since Saturday too; which isn't totally abnormal for me. It's just that normal things I do to make it go away weren't working, like sleeping in my back's favorite positions, or using a pillow behind me in the car. So weird, but not indicative by itself.

So I'm guessing implantation was Day 6 or 7, especially with the sore nipples. I've had no other signs - no extra thirst, no heavy breasts, no primal craving for Wendy's (though it's nice to have an excuse for fast food!!!), just these. Ohh, and I gained two points from Day 7 to Day 8, then went back down to my normal weight.

What about timing though? That was a lot trickier...

See, this cycle, I was testing with the cheap dollar store tests and the Target Up & Up tests, since like cycle day 9, just to be paranoid. There was NO increase to warn me to start using the smilies. But Jane suggested I use one around Day 14 anyway, so I did one at night. No go. Then day 15, I used the Cheapies and the Target test in the morning at 9am. Nothing. Then when I got home from work at 9pm, I tested again and used a smilie, and got a positive!

Which.. unfortunately, left me with a confusing 12 hour window in which the smiley might have first appeared (because I didn't test every 3-4 hours like I was planning to when it was getting closer).

So I made this complicated little chart, and figured I'd use 3pm that day as the middle ground between the no and the yes test, as zero hour. So according to that, we did one IUI vial at 25 hours past middle (just like an ICI vial though, no catheter), and one ICI vial at 35 hours past middle. We were going to do it sooner... but...

But if you go by the time I actually saw the smiley, it was 19 hours past for the IUI vial, and 29 hours past for the ICI vial. It's a little confusing. We're not sure which one is really 'zero' hour. I think the middle, because at work... I don't know, maybe it sounds strange, but I could "feel" it, that I was probably getting an LH surge. And silly me, I didn't bring any tests to work because I still thought it was too early....

So I'm not sure what the true OPK is. It could have been 25 and 35 hours past, or 19 and 29. But one of the two did the trick!

Leaving us with 11 awesome precious vials for a sibling!!

Thank you Donor 439. You are part of our family now. If you're out there, we're looking forward to contact one day, and hopefully introducing your bio-child to you.

~ Sandy
407251321.jpg

Comments

• Options
    GoobieGoobie Posts: 3,515
    edited November -1
    2 small notes. (1) 439 was my donor! Not for this cycle, but when we were using frozen. I totally understand why you ewre drawn to his profile!

(2) ummmm yeah, you just keep telling yourself that the flatulance will end. Tee hee hee, until then Heather is miss toots a lot #2, and sadly I am #2, and you may be miss toots a lot #3!
    tt125c22.aspx

Need to update a ticker, Silas Anthony Jordon born Oct 11, 2013. 6th baby, so much love!
  • Options
    A&BbabyboundA&Bbabybound Posts: 193
    edited November -1
    Great story!
    I am fighting right now with did I get a positive OPK and actually miss it! Grrrrr!
    This really helps!

H&H 9mos!!!
    Me (38) TTC
    Wife of 6 years to Becky
    Oct 2011 BFN
    May 2012 BFN
    July 2012 BF?
    My Ovulation Chart
  • Options
    nellisonnellison Posts: 102
    edited November -1
    I cannot believe (and neither can my wife) the amount of gas coming out of my body right now! I am the LEAST gassy person I know, and for the past 2 weeks, I'm either going to the bathroom, or lettin em rip....It's ridiculous!!!! I was never this gassy with my first pregnancy either!
    dads-2.jpg
    Nicki (me), Kristina (wife), and Lilah
    ttddb0b.aspx
  • Options
    edited November -1
    hahahaha reading these posts and about all of your stinky butts I'm really glad this is an online chat room and not a coffee shop where we meet to chat! haha
    wMgFm5.png
  • Options
    1baby1day1baby1day Posts: 520
    edited November -1
    Haha! That's so funny Rachel!
    pic1a-1.jpg
    My baby, Stella ~ My nephew Alex and I (Denise) at Thanksgiving 2010
    10 TTC's over 15 months - all BFN