Skip to content
Welcome to our new forum! All existing NW Cryobank forum users will need to reset their passwords. Click forgot password and enter your email address to receive the link. Email us at info@nwcryobank.com with any questions.
NW Cryobank community boards and sibling connect groups will no longer be available after December 20th, 2023.
Options

hopes up for nothing

brittneybrittney Posts: 46
edited November -1 in Trying to Conceive
so yesterday i decided to test before i went to the dentist so i just took a quick glance and it was negative ,when i get to dentist they numbed me to put on my crown,because it hurt so bad when they were scraping it,so i get home i go to the bathroom and see another line on the dollar store test aaaahhhhh i was shaking i freaked and called the dentist to ask if the numbing stuff would hurt my baby,i called my husband who was so happy he couldnt hardly drive,i called nwcob and said omg i have a positive i think, i called my dad whos my best friend said hurry get over here with a good test i cant drive to excited.so my dad gets here and i pee negative.i jumped the gun i know .im feel so stupid.not to mention im in a little bit of a funk now .a little deppressed owell just thought id share

Comments

• Options
    Sassy2uSassy2u Posts: 236
    edited November -1
    Well maybe your second pee yesterday was not potent enough to show up on the test. Did you POAS first thing this morning?
  • Options
    mommylovemommylove Posts: 1,582
    edited November -1
    Remember you shouldn't ever read the results on a HPT after 10 minutes. It can be a false positive or evap line at that point.
    Sorry you got your hopes up...but who knows, its never too late until AF shows. Hang in there!
    be422225-267e-4ff7-94c0-a8d5baf3176a_zpse0970fea.jpg
    October 2014

Dk5Zm7.png

22gfm7.png
  • Options
    chandraandamandachandraandamanda Posts: 676
    edited November -1
    Ugh! That sucks!
    theowlandtheoctopusblog.blogspot.com
    Amanda and Chandra
    DSCF7259-1.jpg
  • Options
    smartycat92smartycat92 Posts: 564
    edited November -1
    What brand was the 2nd test? I have seen digitals give either super early results or sometimes miss the first few days that will show up faint on a dye test. I also agree with another poster that it could just be that maybe your afternoon pee wasn't as concentrated as the FMU. How many DPO are you?

Regardless, I am sorry for the uncertainty and the pain it is causing you. Hopefully it is just a momentary low and you will get some much clearer positives in the days to come.
    . 0vthk9cno.png
    20137aff-9c20-4097-91b7-ac919c10954f_zpsd88d3a6c.jpg
    o4bd1nxgy.png
  • Options
    edited November -1
    thanks for the support ,the second test was first responce havent took another test yet,just think it will be negative too ugh
  • Options
    smartycat92smartycat92 Posts: 564
    edited November -1
    First Response are pretty accurate and not known for false negatives. Bummer. When do you expect AF? Are you having any pregnancy symptoms or any feelings that AF is coming?? If she hasn't shown her ugly face in a couple of days, retest with a First Response. Was it an Early Result one? those are the most sensitive. They do make others that are not the First Response ones that won't show up positive til later
    . 0vthk9cno.png
    20137aff-9c20-4097-91b7-ac919c10954f_zpsd88d3a6c.jpg
    o4bd1nxgy.png
  • Options
    edited November -1
    ya feel like af is coming grrr lol should be here sun! just sucks because i thought we had perfect timing .
  • Options
    LovingMomsLovingMoms Posts: 1,078
    edited November -1
    Don't count yourself out yet. Fingers crossed
    July 2011 BFP, miscarried at 5 weeks.
    aW7Dm4.png