Skip to content
Welcome to our new forum! All existing NW Cryobank forum users will need to reset their passwords. Click forgot password and enter your email address to receive the link. Email us at info@nwcryobank.com with any questions.
NW Cryobank community boards and sibling connect groups will no longer be available after December 20th, 2023.

Trying to decide if I should try one vial

JaisJais Posts: 384
edited November -1 in Trying to Conceive
this month instead of waiting. Seeing how everything can be so new and overwhelming at first, I was thinking of it. Not sure what to do...thinking and thinking.

Comments

• PomsmomeePomsmomee Posts: 162
    edited November -1
    I know it is hard to know what to do. I say if you have the $$ and want to try, what does it hurt? The best that can happen is a BFP on vial. Worst is that you try again. If I was able and my cycle was lining up, I would go for it! Best of Luck.
    STOP Puppymills and Irresponsible Backyard Breeders! Be a responsible pet owner:)
  • babydreamingbabydreaming Posts: 258
    edited November -1
    we are using one vial this month also. GO FOR IT!! many babies are conceived on one well timed vial. It only takes one sperm. Timing is everyting
  • KTZKTZ Posts: 1,240
    edited November -1
    If you have the $, and you know your cycle, why not?
    tt1254ac.aspx
    fFvYm8.png
  • LovingMomsLovingMoms Posts: 1,078
    edited November -1
    I say if you have the money, do 1 vial. A lot of women have gotten pregnant on 1 vial. Good Luck!
    July 2011 BFP, miscarried at 5 weeks.
    aW7Dm4.png
  • Sunshine4BabySunshine4Baby Posts: 378 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I would go for it - the first try is ALWAYS hard on the nerves and you will keep second guessing yourself - who knows ya might have beginners luck !
  • JaisJais Posts: 384
    edited November -1
    You all just may be right. I just would like to see if I can get it right.
  • wylinzwylinz Posts: 358
    edited November -1
    I would do it. The first one is always way trickier than it needs to be. I definitely think of my first AI at home as a trial run.
    282014_531207640238873_1174511491_n.jpg
    TTC #5 IUI at RE 11/4, medicated cycle. Yay!!!!!! It's a BFP!!!!!
    Baby Hunter born in July 2012
  • Shaeley MaeShaeley Mae Posts: 1,731
    edited November -1
    For me, I wouldn't. Here's why:

Unless you are very confident of your timing, 1 vial can be tricky and it may take a few months. This is how the expenses could play out ....
    March 1 vial + shipping = $400
    April 1 vial + shipping = $400
    Assuming a BFP after two months = $800

Or .........

April 2 vials + shipping = $650

There's alot of money to be saved in fewer shipments. So, I think it totally makes sense to buy 2-3 vials at a time to really ensure that you've got your entire ovulation windowed covered, and only pay for shipping once ; )

But, best of luck to you whichever road you choose!! I know it's hard to stand on the sideline and wait another month when all you want is a BFP NOW ; )
    IMG_0408-rs.jpgIMG_7844-rs.jpg
  • slady357slady357 Posts: 18
    edited November -1
    I will tell you my story.....we are currently preggo with ONE vial.

We tried in November with two vials (IUI and ICI)...BFN....Then we tried on Dec 1st, two vials, ICI and got a BFP on DPO 11...miscarried on DPO 14, which was Dec. 14th. On Dec 20th, I just got this weird "feeling" to try again. I called my husband and he said we could not afford two vials. I asked if we could afford one and he said YES...then he said he would rather wait until January and we would two and possibly three vials then. I said that I felt really good about trying it with one vial - because really, it only takes one to get preggo, but having multiple vials is a deffinate plus to "catching" the egg when it is released. So we ordered the one vial 3 days before AND it was during Christmas week and there are no guaratees it would even arrive. Well, it arrived on the 24th. OPK positive on the 24th, but we insem'd @ 1:30 pm.
    On DPO 9 we got a huge dip in temp and on DPO 10 we got a huge temp spike and a BFP!! One vial!!

So, if you have been tracking everything, and you feel really good about it, and of course if you have the $$, go for it! We did and it was the best Christmas gift ever!!
    edited November -1
    Shaeley Mae I have thought about that a lot. I guess every time I ovulate, esp. when I know it's happening, I feel like I wasted a chance. I suppose that is why I feel like I do.

It would be better to wait and make the most of my chance. I just keep going back and forth. I wish our bodies weren't so fickle at times. I keep thinking what if I don't get the temp. dip but I always have the EWCM.

Ugh my brain is going in circles. Thanks for all your advice
  • lovelymswolflovelymswolf Posts: 149
    edited November -1
    We only used one vial when I got pregnant! We did IUI at home.
    Fall2011358-1-1.jpg
    3qtim7.png
    edited November -1
    Wow were you on anything or just did it without medication? I really wish that would happen to me. I am alone so I don't think I can do an IUI though.
  • IssyIssy Posts: 5
    edited November -1
    I used 1 vial the last try and got pregnant with triplets! The other 3 times I used 2. I just relaxed and watched my timing and let it happen..Good luck to you and lots of babydust coming your way!
    BIncm6.png
  • Beth81392Beth81392 Posts: 486
    edited November -1
    I got pregnant on only 1 vial. I think it has more to do with timing. I did not temp the month I got pregnant, but I had lots of EWCM and used OPKS. The hardest part was waiting to actually insem. I waited 31 hrs.

Beth
    Words cannot even begin to describe how much I love these kids
    BeachDuo.jpg
  • PomsmomeePomsmomee Posts: 162
    edited November -1
    Many over the years have posted they only use one vial. It really is a personal choice. I will start again next month (April) or May & I plan to use one for sure. It only takes 1 sperm so you still have a great chance if you know your body and your charting, well etc. The key is timing, more vials give you a better coverage window for sure but I vial will do the same if you can get the window and all goes well. :) It is your body and your choice, do whatever you feel is right for you. Best of luck and I look forward to your BFP!
    STOP Puppymills and Irresponsible Backyard Breeders! Be a responsible pet owner:)
    edited November -1
    Thanks!!! I hope for that too. It does only take one so that is encouraging.