Skip to content
Welcome to our new forum! All existing NW Cryobank forum users will need to reset their passwords. Click forgot password and enter your email address to receive the link. Email us at info@nwcryobank.com with any questions.
NW Cryobank community boards and sibling connect groups will no longer be available after December 20th, 2023.
Options

Baseline Ultrasound Complete - here we go!

edited November -1 in Trying to Conceive
Had my baseline today - apparently everything looked good - there were little follies all around the perimeter of the ovary (the story of my life) - so here's hoping that next u/s (the 14th) we'll have some good dominant ones!

Start Femara tonight 2 x 2.5mg tablets ---- seriously - the pharmacist told me not to get pregnant while taking this - there's all kinds of stuff about birth defects??? Scary!!

Then Wednesday CD7 start Bravelle (FSH) injections -

Truly I'm a bit freaked about the Femara piece but I know a lot of you ladies have taken it for pregnancy
wMgFm5.png

Comments

• Options
    LovingMomsLovingMoms Posts: 1,078
    edited November -1
    Oh girl, I so wish you Good Luck and here is too your BFP:)
    July 2011 BFP, miscarried at 5 weeks.
    aW7Dm4.png
  • Options
    wylinzwylinz Posts: 358
    edited November -1
    I think it's really weird that the pharmacist said not to get pregnant while taking fertility meds... Uh, hello?
    282014_531207640238873_1174511491_n.jpg
    TTC #5 IUI at RE 11/4, medicated cycle. Yay!!!!!! It's a BFP!!!!!
    Baby Hunter born in July 2012
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Thank you ladies! I really appreciate your support! =)

Yeah believe me I was reading up on Femara ALL night - as I did Clomid instead (plus the same injections) for our daughter.

Looks like Femara is a medicine originally made as a treatment for post menopausal breast cancer patients!? But they found that it also helps with ovulation -

The data I read basically said that if you take it DURING pregnancy it significantly raises your chances for birth defects - but I'll be done taking it on day 7, so 7 days prior to even ovulating and then you'd have a few additional days before implantation. It's supposed to clear the system pretty quickly - like 24-28 hours I think it was, so that gave me peace of mind!
    wMgFm5.png
  • Options
    Beth81392Beth81392 Posts: 486
    edited November -1
    There is a discount program for Femera that will let you get your script for a $10 copay. GOod Luck and I hope you never need to try it :)
    Words cannot even begin to describe how much I love these kids
    BeachDuo.jpg
  • Options
    minnie0672minnie0672 Posts: 1,264
    edited November -1
    I was the same way when my doctor told me to take Femera especially seeing as the only other person I ever knew that took it was my mother....a post menopausal breast cancer survivor....I haven't had too many side effects and I'm on my last day of it. The only thing that I've seen is that I'm a bit witchier (with a b of course)...more so than Clomid.
    6 IUI's resulting in BFN. 7th IUI was the fun one with pregnant...then not...then ectopic at 7 weeks...IVF #1 - miscarriage...IVF #2 miscarriage 5w6d...IVF #3 cancelled due to not growing embryos and pneumonia...IVF# 4 same old story...BFP then miscarriage...this is getting old...onto possibly Donor Egg or Donor Embryo
  • Options
    GaBeekeeperGaBeekeeper Posts: 916
    edited November -1
    Femara is great! FX that you have lots of strong follies!!
    pqkom4.png
    FxZxm4.pngcarousel_zps296ade6d.jpg
  • Options
    TrishlettesTrishlettes Posts: 674
    edited March 2011
    Its off label use for fertility. I believe its an anti estrogen, like clomid. Breast cancer is an estrogen receptor cancer, as well as ovarian. In fertility if Estrogen is supressed in the beginning of your cycle fools your body into thinking it needs to kick up the FSH (folliclular stimulating hormone) which is how you end up with more follicles and stronger ones. It also has a shorter half life so I believe its out of your system by the time fertilization occurs. Thats my understanding anyway.
    54W9ZxL.jpg54W9m5.png
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Thanks Trish - what you've said is what I was reading as well. That it works kind of like Clomid - but in slightly different ways. Just scary ya know? When they're flat out telling you don't use this!
    wMgFm5.png