Skip to content
Welcome to our new forum! All existing NW Cryobank forum users will need to reset their passwords. Click forgot password and enter your email address to receive the link. Email us at info@nwcryobank.com with any questions.
NW Cryobank community boards and sibling connect groups will no longer be available after December 20th, 2023.
Options

X posted 2nd time around but I need some urgent help. *updated*

First HopeFirst Hope Posts: 511
edited March 2011 in Trying to Conceive
Okay so my swimmers arrived today CD9, I would not have normally had them here until CD10. I am on clomid this month so anticipate a late ovulation. Tonight at 630 I got a smiley, over excited.
Here is the problem it looks like my os is still pretty darn closed. Has this happened to anyone ( I am sure it has) Also what does it mean that I am ovulating so early??? Is this bad like maybe my eggs wont be mature, or is it okay? We are not doing this Dr. assisted.

Can you please answer any question you may now the answer to ASAP. Will probably AI tonight.

Thanks

*************** Update****************
Because of the mention of a possible false postive, I re-tested and it was 0 no smile I tested three more times and it was 0. My Os looks a little more open and honestly I am tired of looking that HURTS! So I will test 3-4 times a day and wait for it to re-appear. I did take a hpt to see what it would say and it was negative. That smiley had to be an error because the four or five before it and the three after have all been negative.
Never thought this would happen. Oh well, I guess I get to pee on a stick for just a while longer before the tww. I really think it will be sooner than latter, but who knows with clomid on board.

Thanks girls. Hope to report a completed AI soon.
tt13112d.aspxQWRVm7.pngDSC_0904-1.jpgDSC_0858-1.jpg

Comments

• Options
    alp75alp75 Posts: 340
    edited November -1
    I wish I could tell you some info on being open vs. Closed. But mine always seems open. Good luck to you.
    angela1_16393.gif
  • Options
    chandraandamandachandraandamanda Posts: 676
    edited November -1
    How many vials did you order? Are they all IUI? What is your cervix like other than your os being closed?
    theowlandtheoctopusblog.blogspot.com
    Amanda and Chandra
    DSCF7259-1.jpg
  • Options
    babydreamingbabydreaming Posts: 258
    edited November -1
    When did you stop taking clomid? I ask because if it has only been a couple days you could be getting a false +. Also, a closed OS means you are not close to ovulating yet. Last cycle I was on clomid it was close to 48 hours smiley that my OS was fully open. I would wait until your OS is fully open to know for sure that O is imminent. I use smiley's as a guide only. Once I get one, I track my OS until its open then inseminate
  • Options
    edited November -1
    ChandraandAmandaWe bought two vials IUI, plan to use the cath and syringe. It is creamy CM on the os, but I did have just a bit of clear today so I started testing 4 times a day. Just had a feeling with clomid it might be wierd this time.

BabyDreaming I took it days 3-7 so only off it for two night now, however I have taken 6 smileys and only the last one was positive. So do you think it could still be a false positive?

Last time I was the DP and doing the AI, this time it is hard because my DP is having issues finding my os. I am trying to look myself too.

Is Oing on day 9 a bad thing????
  • Options
    edited November -1
    It not a bad thing. Everything I've read said not to test until 3 full days off clomid because of the chance a false positive. Also, if your doing IUI you need to wait for the OS to be open or its going to hurt like a son of a bleep. Open means ready so I would suggest monitoring closely. You could be gearing up to O but I would avoid jumping the gun especially with IUI's needing to be 6 hours on either side of O. Good luck darling, it looks like we are going to be cycle buddies. I expect to O Tues/Wed.
  • Options
    LovingMomsLovingMoms Posts: 1,078
    edited November -1
    FirstHope, You can get a false positive on only cd 9 when you took clomid cd 3-7. typically you will O about 5 days afters the last pill. I would wait. I know when I took clomid cd 3-7 I would get my surge on cd 14.

Good Luck and fingers crosed for you.
    July 2011 BFP, miscarried at 5 weeks.
    aW7Dm4.png
  • Options
    Sunshine4BabySunshine4Baby Posts: 378 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I agree with the waiting if your cervix isn't open .... I was on clomid days 3-7 last few cycles and my doc said not to test till at least 3 days after the last pill. Like Lovingmoms said ... you should Ovulate about 5-8 days after your last pill . I am not on clomid thas cycle and I got a close to + opk on day 12 which freaked me out so I checked my cervix and it was closed, kept testing and got a def + yesterday on day 15 - cervix is now fully open - sometimes your body will gear up to ovulate early but then change its mind :)
  • Options
    CharmedCharmed Posts: 205
    edited November -1
    I commented on the other side, but wanted to wish you luck over here too. I agree with others about trusting your body more than OPKs.

Also, if Cyndi is having a hard time finding your opening you could do it by feel. DH did my first two insems and never seemed confident abaout what he was doing. I could never see in there, but I was able to get into a position in the bath tub (with my legs up on the back of the shower wall and laying in the tub sort of curled up awkwardly) so that I could guide the catheter with my finger to the OS. I held it there while I put the goods in, and when I took the cath out it felt like I was taking some of the fluid with it, because I had been holding it in place w/ my finger. It worked though! That was the time I got my BFP. :)

I also used the feel of my cervix to track ovulation... it got super soft and open with super stretchy egg white cervical mucous when it was time.

I feel like my descriptions could have been a little ghrapic, but I don't know how else to say this stuff. LOL

Good LUCK!!
    combatbootsflipflops.jpg

DHLLm5.png
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Bump, update on top of first post. Thanks girls
  • Options
    edited November -1
    My O time stayed about the same. Last month was my first month on clomid and I was paranoid about going early. But no, it was right on time at day 15 and I did days 3-7. This month I did days 4-8 only because I did not find out we could try this month until day 4. Good Luck!
  • Options
    chandraandamandachandraandamanda Posts: 676
    edited November -1
    Just want to say good luck! And keep us posted
    theowlandtheoctopusblog.blogspot.com
    Amanda and Chandra
    DSCF7259-1.jpg