Skip to content
Welcome to our new forum! All existing NW Cryobank forum users will need to reset their passwords. Click forgot password and enter your email address to receive the link. Email us at info@nwcryobank.com with any questions.
NW Cryobank community boards and sibling connect groups will no longer be available after December 20th, 2023.
Options

Mama Easter dress??

K&HK&H Posts: 3,368 ✭✭
edited November -1 in Pregnancy and Babies
Does anyone have any ideas where I could find a nice dress for H for Easter? She needs a plus size, nursing friendly, light, springy, fun, good for church dress. So far it has been pretty impossible to find. The dresses that motherwear has in her size are all plain, solid, dark.. serviceable dresses... Talk about blah!

Help?
GOzIm4.png
hAO7m4.png
CmQMm4.png

Comments

• Options
    mommylovemommylove Posts: 1,582
    edited November -1
    have you looked on etsy.com...they have some super cute maternity dresses and I bet you could find one that is Easter fun and yet nursing convenient for Mama! :-)
    Good luck!
    be422225-267e-4ff7-94c0-a8d5baf3176a_zpse0970fea.jpg
    October 2014

Dk5Zm7.png

22gfm7.png
  • Options
    ShannyShanny Posts: 2,456
    edited November -1
    Maybe look for some kind of wrap dress that isn't actually a nursing dress but could work and probably be more flattering and less frumpy? I love wrap dresses!
    image_zps64579b54.png
  • Options
    ZenZen Posts: 2,942
    edited November -1
    I don't know her style or your budget but this one from Macy's comes in a very pretty ivory or coral and looks appropriate to dress up or down for Easter :)
    AfUDuhU.jpgAfUDm4.png
  • Options
    onemorebabyonemorebaby Posts: 472
    edited November -1
    You might want to check out Modcloth.com
    I love them, love them, love them! : )
    My blog! www.ifyoulivedhereidknowyourname.blogspot.com
    Welcome Baby Madelynn! 11/29/11
    419260_3081228479933_1540462223_2749331_1507377435_n-1.jpg
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    Mommylove, I'll have to check out etsy a bit more.. I feel like I can never search the right key words on there and come up with the right thing...

Shanny, For E's baptism she did a shirt dress style, which she liked, but she always wants something very 50's mom type for Easter and that's so hard to find!

Zen, that dress from Macy's is gorgeous! I'm not sure about nursing in it... part of the problem is that we have to go to my mom's church and someone there complained to her about H nursing E at Christmas.. when she was 4 months old and about 9lbs... I can't imagine what they'll think now!

Onemorebaby, I'll check out modcloth... and also, I used to love reading your blog, can I be invited??
    GOzIm4.png
    hAO7m4.png
    CmQMm4.png
  • Options
    onemorebabyonemorebaby Posts: 472
    edited November -1
    K&H- Modcloth is very vintage style stuff... i bet you would love it!

Sadly, i haven't blogged in quite a while... but i think i will be starting back up again soon! I will send you an invite as soon as I "reactivate"!
    My blog! www.ifyoulivedhereidknowyourname.blogspot.com
    Welcome Baby Madelynn! 11/29/11
    419260_3081228479933_1540462223_2749331_1507377435_n-1.jpg
  • Options
    mknbaby2mknbaby2 Posts: 405
    edited November -1
    Dressbarn had some of those 50's style dresses, with buttons in the front, when I was there in December. Not sure what is there now but you could check.
    P1050420-1.jpg
  • Options
    ZenZen Posts: 2,942
    edited November -1
    Now I understand a little more about the nursing part ... the styles at MotherWear's online site are all perfect for nursing but I think their marketing department missed the memo on "spring" coming. I did find one nursing dress from MotherWear on Ebay that's very pretty and in keeping with the season.
    AfUDuhU.jpgAfUDm4.png
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Zen- no doubt they missed the memo on Spring! Seriously drab over there!
    Thanks for the link to that one, it looks perfect! I've got a question in to the seller to see if it would fit H!
    GOzIm4.png
    hAO7m4.png
    CmQMm4.png
  • Options
    PtownMomsPtownMoms Posts: 768
    edited November -1
    I would definitely check out Etsy more!!! I would actually search for "maternity dresses". You won't find many "real" nursing dresses that way (or maternity ones for that matter)...but the artists who tag their stuff for maternity usually have dresses/clothes that basically work for everything and everyone. For example...this is one of the shops I found when I was looking for "maternity" dresses. I did buy some for when I was pregnant...but I bought some that work for now too. : )

http://www.etsy.com/shop/Clementinyclothing
    Carrie & Monica

sig_zps0be86692-1_zpse4fe5311.jpg
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Thanks for all the help ladies!! I went with this one which has buttons up the front, so it can open if needed:
    5564103651_36392fd2a9.jpg
    GOzIm4.png
    hAO7m4.png
    CmQMm4.png