Skip to content
Welcome to our new forum! All existing NW Cryobank forum users will need to reset their passwords. Click forgot password and enter your email address to receive the link. Email us at info@nwcryobank.com with any questions.
NW Cryobank community boards and sibling connect groups will no longer be available after December 20th, 2023.
Options

Breastfeeding wardrobe

A&JA&J Posts: 1,825
edited November -1 in Pregnancy and Babies
Well I don't even bother getting dressed into anything that isn't convenient to nurse in these days...so around the house I pretty much wear nursing tank tops and when I'm out and about I tend to wear tank tops/camisoles and a cardigan. I feel like this is my uniform...what do other moms who breastfeed wear?
th_img-191_zps90b22fea.jpg
th_img-109_zps4769e6c4.jpg

Comments

• Options
    tc0104tc0104 Posts: 579 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    You are wearing my wardrobe
  • Options
    K&HK&H Posts: 3,368 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Yep, that's H's wardrobe too... Although she mixes it up some days.. 3/4 sleeves versus long! ;-)
    She had some luck with shopping at TJMaxx and Marshall's for some shirts that could be nursing shirts, with the tank under, and not super conveniently.. but on a day when she wants to look nicer she'll wear one of those.

Oh, I got her a nursing shirt from Old Navy that's a black cowl neck that opens up at the neckline for nursing. She LOVES that one.
    We got some long sleeved nursing shirts from Motherwear that were nice when it was the coldest cold of winter.. but since the weather is a little warmer and our building is so hot.. we're back to tanks and wraps again!
    GOzIm4.png
    hAO7m4.png
    CmQMm4.png
  • Options
    ShannyShanny Posts: 2,456
    edited November -1
    Since Kate only nurses 3 times a day I don't need nuring tops anymore but I must confess I still have several that I wear because they are my favorite shirts! I would spend the money on some you really like whether they are the less expensive ones you can find online clearance or so cute Japanese Weekend ones (I have a few of each). I don't know how long any of you plan to nurse for or if you plan to have more children but I really think it is worth a few dollars to have some cute non-uniform tops regardless!
    image_zps64579b54.png
  • Options
    roses25roses25 Posts: 567
    edited November -1
    Usually I dress in layers when I go out of the house. I always wear a nursing bra. Then I'll wear a cami/tanktop under a nice shirt or even a t-shirt. It has to be a stretchy cami/tank top for me because when Aiden wants to nurse I just pull the cami down and my shirt up that way none of my tummy shoes & hardly any of my breast shows. In the beg. I wore mostly nursing shirts out of the house, but now I rarely wear nursing tops.

Carolyn
    EBD822A6-1848-4872-A55B-C1ED22646371_zpsufz2fxda.jpeg
    schm94df60emqyke.png
    lazxi8i3cso8qa7m.png
    lfngmjscscvr4zbw.png
  • Options
    PomsmomeePomsmomee Posts: 162
    edited November -1
    Motherwear has great outfits and Motherhood has decent Nursing line, not fabulous but OK.
    STOP Puppymills and Irresponsible Backyard Breeders! Be a responsible pet owner:)
  • Options
    babybabybabybaby Posts: 1,564
    edited November -1
    i just wear the clothes i've always worn; same wardrobe i wore pre-baby. i do carry a blanket with us everywhere we go, though, so i can nurse her when we're out and about, if necessary. :)
  • Options
    babybabybabybaby Posts: 1,564
    edited November -1
    wow! i'm reading over these posts, and it's like an entirely new world has opened up to me! i honestly didn't even know there were nursing tanks and tops. i'm confused. what are they used for? i've only ever just worn a nursing bra under my regular shirts or blouses. i haven't even used nursing pads for months now.
  • Options
    allthingsluckyallthingslucky Posts: 467
    edited November -1
    babybaby wrote:
    wow! i'm reading over these posts, and it's like an entirely new world has opened up to me! i honestly didn't even know there were nursing tanks and tops. i'm confused. what are they used for? i've only ever just worn a nursing bra under my regular shirts or blouses. i haven't even used nursing pads for months now.

Nursing tops are tops that have easy access to your breasts. They are shirts that cross in the front in a V and you can pull the fabric to one side or the other to nurse. Nursing tanks are similar, some have clasps that unhook to drop just the front of your shirt in order to BF. I loved shirts made for nursing. I hated having to lift my shirt up from the bottom to gain access to my breasts, nursing shirts/tanks are really descrete and you can hardly tell anything is going on.
  • Options
    Shaeley MaeShaeley Mae Posts: 1,731
    edited November -1
    At home:
    white nursing tank
    gray nursing tank

At work:
    normal business attire. I never had a problem with lifting up my shirt, and I always felt like I managed to be discrete, even without a blanket. The great thing about pulling your shirt up, and over your breast, is that is slouches back down and conceals the top half of your breast while you're nursing ; )
    IMG_0408-rs.jpgIMG_7844-rs.jpg
  • Options
    sara291sara291 Posts: 1,042
    edited November -1
    I don't ever wear any nursing clothes well not clothes made for nursing. I have a few tanks & bras but find just wearing my regular stuff isceasiet & more comfortable. So tanks or t-shirts