Skip to content
Welcome to our new forum! All existing NW Cryobank forum users will need to reset their passwords. Click forgot password and enter your email address to receive the link. Email us at info@nwcryobank.com with any questions.
NW Cryobank community boards and sibling connect groups will no longer be available after December 20th, 2023.
Options

What a birth story...phew!

mommylovemommylove Posts: 1,582
edited November -1 in Pregnancy and Babies
Hi everyone!

I am sorry I haven't made it onto the forum before now for an update...though some of you may have had some information regarding our status via Facebook.

It's been a looooong day and a half...
We checked in as planned on Friday at 8pm for our induction. I was 38wks & 3 days pregnant that day and has been about 3cm dilated and 80% effaced for a good two weeks. Sebastian while good overall was showing signs that he was ready to come out, as was his Mommy with suddenly rising BP. So our fantastical OB scheduled an induction...however, since I had made such progress in the weeks prior on my own the plan was simply to break my water and hopefully throw me into full labor at that point for a "nice" vaginal delivery. HA!!! Not so...

My water was broken shortly after arrival at the hospital and while I was already having contractions on the monitor approx 4-5 minutes apart, after my water was ruptured (this was quite easily the most uneventful and painless process of what was to come) my contractions almost immediately intensified and were now 1-2 minutes apart. Ouch they hurt! We were however stuck a 4cm then for a good 10hrs...thus they started pitocin. This made the contractions horribly strong and after battling for another 4hrs I decided on an epidural...one I thought would bring some much needed relief. HA! It worked for a couple of hours but then wore off during the following 2 hrs in which I suddenly dilated from 5cm to 10cm. Ugh!

So at about 2pm the pushing began...without an epidural and at this point less than an hr of sleep in the last 30 or so hrs. I was exhausted but the nurses and my OB were super impressed with my newbie pushing skills...I loved pushing because it was the only thing that gave me relief. Well we got the baby pushed down pretty low until he suddenly began to get stuck going around my pelvic bone...OMG, not kidding, I was in so much freaking pain...come to find out later so was Sebastian (pics to follow). :-( I pushed for almost 3hrs with several doctors and nurses trying at the same time to manipulate babies head/body thru the pelvic area and down into the vagina...agony, I tell ya!

At 5:30pm I was rushed into an emergency c-section with some new epidural placement. My poor DP was so scared fo both baby and I. While I was in too much pain to even think. It seemed like the entire hospitals labor&delivery staff scrubbed in to join us, we were the big hit of the day. My OB, and two others were present as well as at least 6-8 nurses and NICU peole. It was an intimidating sight to say the least. Any way the surgery began fine, but the epidural wasn't in a great spot so i soon discovered I could feel things I wasnt supposed to be feeling. I was truly horrified and had my wife not been there to hold my hand Im sure I'd have lost it.

What was supposed to be a 1.5 hr c-section turned into 3 hrs in total. There were several complications beginning with getting our son out. Since I had pushed for so long he was literally molded to my pelvis, part of his head on one side and part on the other. So one OB had to go vaginally inside of me and push the baby back up inside while the others tried to extract him via the c-sec opening. This was horribly painful as well. I also ended up sustaining a tear to my uterus and bladder that needed to be repaired during this surgery. Thank goodness I was surrounded by an amazingly talented hospital staff who did nothing but care for me from start to finish.

So in the end Sebastian was born on Saturday March 26th at 6:46pm. He weighed in at a healthy 6lbs 12oz and measures 19 1/2 in long. He's gorgeous and my wife nor I can take our eyes off of him for more than a moment. In the end, it was all meant to happen exactly as it did. He avoided the NICU and passed all of his assessments with flying colors, though as pictures will show he didn't escape all the labor drama unscathed. Poor dude!

So as I sit here watching DP catch her first bit of sleep in two days on the extra bed in the post partum suite, with our precious son curled on my chest after his first amazingly successful breastfeed I wanted to take the time at this ungodly hour to check in with you all...thank you for all of your concern and well wishes during this journey.
be422225-267e-4ff7-94c0-a8d5baf3176a_zpse0970fea.jpg
October 2014

Dk5Zm7.png

22gfm7.png

Comments

• Options
    Shaeley MaeShaeley Mae Posts: 1,731
    edited November -1
    I'm sorry to hear about the complications, but it sounds like there isn't a woman out there who could have handled it better than you.
    Congrats on the healthy delivery and your new family. I hope your bliss lasts FOREVER!!

Oh, and can't wait to see the pics!!!! : )
    IMG_0408-rs.jpgIMG_7844-rs.jpg
  • Options
    KariKari Posts: 1,765
    edited November -1
    Wow, I'm glad that's over for you and now you have your sweet little boy to hold. What a crazy delivery!
    100_4667_zpspk4wwxj5.jpg
    r9vOm4.png
    Ri4Gm4.png
  • Options
    A&JA&J Posts: 1,825
    edited November -1
    What a birth story is right! You are absolutely amazing. I am sorry that this turned into such a difficult and trying process, yet I am so happy for your end result! May your recovery be speedy and your heart be full. Take care and enjoy. Again, fabulous job and best wishes!
    th_img-191_zps90b22fea.jpg
    th_img-109_zps4769e6c4.jpg
  • Options
    tc0104tc0104 Posts: 579 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Wow that is an incredible birth experience. Congrats!!
  • Options
    mausandlodiemausandlodie Posts: 312 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    wow - so sorry you had to go through all that... sounds like you handled it incredibly well! CONGRATS and welcome baby Sebastian! Can't wait to see pics :-)
    fb07f31c-23cd-4846-9060-8d5113d22bdb_zpsejjbeelw.jpg
    4d79eb04-373b-476e-96e2-4b5387a0f1e1_zpsoeetv1ez.jpg
  • Options
    nervouswrecknervouswreck Posts: 379
    edited November -1
    Congrats. What a crazy birth story! And, the amazing thing is that I bet you'd do it again in a heartbeat to have your baby in your arms.
  • Options
    coryandamandacoryandamanda Posts: 1,527
    edited November -1
    Glad he is finally here safe and sound and I hope you heal quickly!
    July 4, 2015
    image_2.jpgu
  • Options
    2moms2be2moms2be Posts: 226
    edited November -1
    Heal Fast.... Glad you are both OK! Thanks for sharing:-)
    Try#1 BFN Try#2 BFN Try#3 BFN Try#4 BFN Try#5 BFN Try#6 BFN Try#7 (after 8 months off) BFP!!! We are MOMS!
    475374_4381287044509_1614899970_o.jpg
    ojalm5.png
  • Options
    GaBeekeeperGaBeekeeper Posts: 916
    edited November -1
    what a journey!! So glad Mommy and baby are safe and sound!
    pqkom4.png
    FxZxm4.pngcarousel_zps296ade6d.jpg
  • Options
    texas4texas4 Posts: 60
    edited November -1
    Good grief! I told you you were a trooper. I hope you're sleeping now, but I don't blame you for being awake. I don't think I even blinked for 24 hours after. Welcome to baby S and congrats again!
    Karen & Lori (DP & bio-mom)
    CIMG1219.jpgCIMG1306.jpg
    CIMG1794.jpg
    L on the left, G on the right

DssGm6.png
  • Options
    TxMoms2BTxMoms2B Posts: 532
    edited November -1
    Holy cow lady! You 2 went thru an ordeal, but I'm sure Sebastian was 110% worth it. I'm sure he is adorable and I can't wait to catch a glimpse of him! Try to get some rest tho, you're gonna need it. Congrats again to your little family!
  • Options
    TrishlettesTrishlettes Posts: 674
    edited November -1
    HOLY HANNAH!!! So glad you are both ok! Congratulations!
    54W9ZxL.jpg54W9m5.png
  • Options
    PtownMomsPtownMoms Posts: 768
    edited November -1
    So glad everything turned out ok!!! Congrats mamas!!!!
    Carrie & Monica

sig_zps0be86692-1_zpse4fe5311.jpg
  • Options
    K&HK&H Posts: 3,368 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Congratulations!! That sounds so much like our birth story! But that perfect baby in the end makes it all worthwhile!! Hooray for Sebastian!
    GOzIm4.png
    hAO7m4.png
    CmQMm4.png
  • Options
    muripherousmuripherous Posts: 264
    edited November -1
    What a story...you are amazing, mommy! Congratulations to both of you. Enjoy your little boy!
    kR99m5.png
    6monthcollage.jpg
  • Options
    Sassy2uSassy2u Posts: 236
    edited November -1
    Congrats on the new baby. I am sorry the birth was so trying.
  • Options
    tyme2risetyme2rise Posts: 1,087
    edited November -1
    Congratulations. ! You all pulled through it! Reading your birth story makes me think of all the things that can go wrong ! You are very brave. How much pain did you feel in the sx room? That is one of my biggest fears, being trapped in sx feeling pain! Have fun with your lil one!
    Some day my dreams will come true!
  • Options
    rktink13rktink13 Posts: 83
    edited November -1
    Congrats and you sound like one touch cookie! Cant wait to see pics of little dude!
    My Beautiful Babies, I Love Kisses from The Monster! He Doesnt Hand Those Out Much!

DSC_0286-1.gif

DSC_0372-1.jpg
  • Options
    ZenZen Posts: 2,942
    edited November -1
    Very happy that Sebastian is here with you now and did not need to spend any time in the NICU. If ever there was a story that validated my decision to have an elective c-section, this is it!
    AfUDuhU.jpgAfUDm4.png
  • Options
    palegreenpalegreen Posts: 1,478
    edited November -1
    Wow, what a journey! Glad mom and baby are both healthy and doing well. Congrats!!
    sig2017_zpsneeoat7k.jpg
  • Options
    ljfor3ljfor3 Posts: 75
    edited November -1
    Congrats on Sebastian! Sorry the labor was so hard, but in the end its all worth it. Glad everyone is ok!
  • Options
    charcoaleyescharcoaleyes Posts: 864
    edited November -1
    Wow! You are amazingly strong. Good job mama! And, welcome little Sebastian.
  • Options
    lovelymswolflovelymswolf Posts: 149
    edited November -1
    You are so amazing!!! Throughout your pregnancy and now this you have remained positive and can see the bigger picture. Congrats to both of you!!!!!!! He is SO cute :-)
    Fall2011358-1-1.jpg
    3qtim7.png
  • Options
    Ronna71Ronna71 Posts: 144
    edited November -1
    Wow - what a story! Thank God you all made it through safely. Congratulations on the birth of your son. I am SURE you have much joy ahead of you. Try to get some rest if you can!
  • Options
    jenoglvjenoglv Posts: 669 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Congrats ladies, sorry things didn't go quite as planned.
    Jennifer SMBC, mama to Rhys.

2012-10-29003321-1.jpg
  • Options
    miaandsabrinamiaandsabrina Posts: 723
    edited November -1
    That is BEYOND Crazy!!!! Man girl!!! So happy that you both are doing well~Hopefully DP is doing ok too!!! So happy you got your lil man! Big congrats!!!
    Our worlds collided and together we've been blessed with perfection!
  • Options
    ChrysanthemumChrysanthemum Posts: 1,205 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Wow!
    Congratulations!
    I'm glad it all worked out, as others have said, YOU are amazing!
    Welcome Sebastian!
  • Options
    hpflmommeez2bhpflmommeez2b Posts: 118
    edited November -1
    wooow that is an intense birth story!!! but congrats to you on your little guy!!!
    2qwlfcx.jpg
    ME with the glasses! DP green shirt!!!
  • Options
    EMG_RELEMG_REL Posts: 2,379
    edited November -1
    Oh my goodness! You are one incredible woman to make it through all of that without falling apart, and the same goes for your DP. I'm so glad that Sebastian is doing well, and I wish you a super speedy recovery.
    wqr43o.jpg
    IRcim4.png
    iaXMm4.png
  • Options
    sirvin12sirvin12 Posts: 88
    edited November -1
    Sorry you had such a rough time! Congrats on your sweet boy!
    Shannon, Sydney and Hayden
    th_SH_0252cb_zps4d7d171a.jpg
    z6qpm7.png1TBam7.png