Skip to content
Welcome to our new forum! All existing NW Cryobank forum users will need to reset their passwords. Click forgot password and enter your email address to receive the link. Email us at info@nwcryobank.com with any questions.
NW Cryobank community boards and sibling connect groups will no longer be available after December 20th, 2023.
Options

mild cramping

ttc.jujubeettc.jujubee Posts: 340 ✭✭
edited November -1 in Pregnancy and Babies
I will be 6 weeks along in a few days. I have a midwife appointment scheduled for 7 weeks and an OB appointment scheduled for 8 weeks.

I have been experiencing lower back pain and mild period-like cramping for the past week. It's a dull, aching sort of cramping, similar to the type I experience the day before my period usually starts. It's really unnerving. However, it looks like, from all of the research and reading I am doing, that it is a very normal experience.

I'm not spotting. I am feeling mild nausea. Everything else just feels pretty normal.

I guess I mostly just need to "hear" other women tell me it's normal... And I will try not to worry about. Honestly, if it was really painful or alarming, or if I had spotting as well, I would have already called the doctor. But I'm not there yet. I was reading a post the other day on this forum about some more severe "stretching-type" of cramping, or twinges of aching. I have those occasionally as well and am working towards seeing them as a good sign.

Anyone else experience this?

Comments

• Options
    michgirlmichgirl Posts: 406 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    As long as you do not have spotting and cramping together you are ok.
    f1xTJgw.jpgf1xTm5.png
  • Options
    Beth81392Beth81392 Posts: 486
    edited November -1
    There is probably a good chance that you are having both growing pains and the begining of constipation. I have had problems with stretching/ cramping pains since about 5 weeks. It is frightening but very much normal
    Words cannot even begin to describe how much I love these kids
    BeachDuo.jpg
  • Options
    starfish2318starfish2318 Posts: 243
    edited November -1
    I had the same thing when I was really early on in my pregnancy...felt like I was going to start my period at any moment, and was very bloated.
  • Options
    charcoaleyescharcoaleyes Posts: 864
    edited November -1
    I had that too. My dr. Said it was normal and i could use a warm compress to alieve the pain.
  • Options
    GaBeekeeperGaBeekeeper Posts: 916
    edited November -1
    sounds normal to me!! Congrats again.
    pqkom4.png
    FxZxm4.pngcarousel_zps296ade6d.jpg
  • Options
    babybabybabybaby Posts: 1,564
    edited November -1
    while i don't recall having any cramping during early pregnancy myself, i do remember my ob telling me that if i experience cramping, it's normal. only cramping plus bleeding is the kind you of cramping you need to worry about.
  • Options
    palegreenpalegreen Posts: 1,478
    edited November -1
    I cramped for the majority of the 1st trimester...like milder AF type cramps. Totally normal. I was so used to them that I worried when I wasn't cramping. It's just your uterus stretching to make room! :)
    sig2017_zpsneeoat7k.jpg
  • Options
    ttc.jujubeettc.jujubee Posts: 340 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Woo hoo! Thanks so much everyone. You have officially eased my worrying overly-thinking mind.

I really appreciate it!
  • Options
    GaBeekeeperGaBeekeeper Posts: 916
    edited November -1
    palegreen - I feel the same way if I don't have a stretch pain at least once a day I get so worried!! Goes to show when your pregnant you will worry over everything!! LOL
    pqkom4.png
    FxZxm4.pngcarousel_zps296ade6d.jpg
  • Options
    palegreenpalegreen Posts: 1,478
    edited November -1
    I was soooooo freaking nervous my first trimester! Ever since I've been out of the progesterone level danger zone, I have been virtually worry free! I have completely surprised myself (and DP) with how well I'm dealing with this pregnancy.
    sig2017_zpsneeoat7k.jpg
  • Options
    stwrrstwrr Posts: 455 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I started that other post you were talking about... and the ladies were very reassuring. Perfectly normal. Streeeeetccch goes the uterus. And you're right - it feels just like light pre-period cramping. But not quite. But almost.

Streeetch goes the baby!

And I think I'm only 1 week ahead of you, so that makes us due date buddies with Goobie! Woot! Goobie and I are 11/11/11. :)

~ Sandy
    407251321.jpg