Skip to content
Welcome to our new forum! All existing NW Cryobank forum users will need to reset their passwords. Click forgot password and enter your email address to receive the link. Email us at info@nwcryobank.com with any questions.
NW Cryobank community boards and sibling connect groups will no longer be available after December 20th, 2023.
Options

I think I'm catching a cold

GaBeekeeperGaBeekeeper Posts: 916
edited November -1 in Pregnancy and Babies
Everyone has a cold, and I think I might have caught it. I am very tired and my throat is feeling a little scratchy, and I feel a little sinus draining. And my nose is starting to stop up.
What do you do when your pregnant with a cold. It isn't really bothering me so I don't want to just call the DR. I will be 10 weeks on Thursday and am nervous about taking meds during the first trimester.
pqkom4.png
FxZxm4.pngcarousel_zps296ade6d.jpg

Comments

• Options
    palegreenpalegreen Posts: 1,478
    edited November -1
    neti pot!!!!
    sig2017_zpsneeoat7k.jpg
  • Options
    Shaeley MaeShaeley Mae Posts: 1,731
    edited November -1
    Vitamin C, fluids, rest.
    IMG_0408-rs.jpgIMG_7844-rs.jpg
  • Options
    coryandamandacoryandamanda Posts: 1,527
    edited November -1
    I got sick around the same time in my pregnancy, along with everyone else on this board I think (between 6-9 weeks)! Alot of people suggest the neti pot. My OB said if I needed to take something that any of the Tylenol products are safe and Robitussin DM.
    July 4, 2015
    image_2.jpgu
  • Options
    K&HK&H Posts: 3,368 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Steam and an open window, alternating back and forth. Rest!
    GOzIm4.png
    hAO7m4.png
    CmQMm4.png
  • Options
    GaBeekeeperGaBeekeeper Posts: 916
    edited November -1
    thanks!! And yes I have slept almost all day. Housework is piling up,, :-(
    pqkom4.png
    FxZxm4.pngcarousel_zps296ade6d.jpg
  • Options
    twicejesstwicejess Posts: 228
    edited November -1
    I have had congestion on and off and am now 26 weeks. I broke down and used the neti pot and it was great. It really helped me at night. I am still fighting the congestion but at least I know I can get some relief! I thought it was a cold at first but I think it is just nasal congestion from the pregnancy : (
    hope you feel better soon
  • Options
    ZenZen Posts: 2,942
    edited November -1
    *sigh* You suffer through it and tell yourself it's for a good cause!
    AfUDuhU.jpgAfUDm4.png
  • Options
    LovingMomsLovingMoms Posts: 1,078
    edited November -1
    Hope you get well soon!
    July 2011 BFP, miscarried at 5 weeks.
    aW7Dm4.png
  • Options
    melmel Posts: 793
    edited November -1
    I was very sick for a few weeks in early pregnancy, and I was too paranoid to take anything so I just suffered through it. And if you think housework is piling up now, just wait until those babies are here!
    Jjr6m5.png