Skip to content
Welcome to our new forum! All existing NW Cryobank forum users will need to reset their passwords. Click forgot password and enter your email address to receive the link. Email us at info@nwcryobank.com with any questions.
NW Cryobank community boards and sibling connect groups will no longer be available after December 20th, 2023.
Options

feeling baby move..

cocobaycocobay Posts: 1,318
edited November -1 in Pregnancy and Babies
My heart is beating out of my chest and really fast and I feel kind of dizzy. I just realized that I haven't felt Bronx move yet today. I have been feeling him move regularly for the past few weeks now. He moves about every 45 min. Sometimes more sometimes less but I have always felt him move at least every hour. I hate calling my OB because you have to leave a message with the nurse and sometimes it takes all day for them to call you back. Should I be alarmed? I'm kinda freaking out.

Comments

• Options
    LKLK Posts: 711
    edited November -1
    Can pick up his heartbeat on the doppler? Did you try eating something with sugar then lay on your left side. If you tried all these things and you still cannot feel him move I would go to the ER right away. Some baby's have lazy days but it always better to be safe than sorry. Please keep us updated!!!
  • Options
    tc0104tc0104 Posts: 579 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Yes lie on your side like pp said. Drink something...poke at your belly. Just be still bc walking and such always put Laney to sleep.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I drank a coke, which usually gets him going.. Nothing.. I am about to go to lunch so maybe that will do something. I don't have my doppler with me because I am at work and I can't make it home and back in an hour.. I am worried.. If I haven't felt him after lunch I will call my OB. Thanks girls!
  • Options
    sara291sara291 Posts: 1,042
    edited November -1
    Riley did this quite often around 20 weeks where I would not feel him for a day or most of a day. It also happened around the time of my 20 week ultrasound and it showed that Riley had turned & so his feet were facing the placenta so that is why I could not feel the kicks but he still was super active!
  • Options
    palegreenpalegreen Posts: 1,478
    edited November -1
    I went through the same little scare right at 19/20 weeks. I tried drinking juice, coffee, coke, laying on my left side, going for walks, and none of that seemed to do the trick. I felt little to no movement for a few days, and then suddenly movement returned back to normal. I think maybe he was going thru a growth spurt and was just extra sleepy those days. At 19.5 weeks, he probably still has a lot of room to swim around in there, so you won't always feel him when he's moving. Check him out with your doppler when you get home this evening.
    sig2017_zpsneeoat7k.jpg
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I am eating lunch now and can feel him squirming around.. Phew.. What a relief!
  • Options
    ncmomstobencmomstobe Posts: 549
    edited November -1
    Glad everything's okay- it is so scary to not feel the baby squirming around!
  • Options
    palegreenpalegreen Posts: 1,478
    edited November -1
    he was hungry! :)
    sig2017_zpsneeoat7k.jpg
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    Lol, I tell DP all the time that he is hungry. Although, it is just me that is hungry :-) but I love to pretend that it is him and I am actually feeding him lunch, ha! I know those days are so close to being true!!
  • Options
    GaBeekeeperGaBeekeeper Posts: 916
    edited November -1
    so glad he woke up and moved for his Mama.
    pqkom4.png
    FxZxm4.pngcarousel_zps296ade6d.jpg
  • Options
    A&JA&J Posts: 1,825
    edited November -1
    Glad to hear he is kicking around in there! I definitely had plenty of those times where I didn't feel her and would worry.
    th_img-191_zps90b22fea.jpg
    th_img-109_zps4769e6c4.jpg
  • Options
    Hopeful2010Hopeful2010 Posts: 134
    edited November -1
    Glad he moved for you so you can feel better. I had plenty of those days too.

Is this pregnancy going super fast for you?? Seems like you just found out you were pregnant and now you are half way there.
  • Options
    cata888cata888 Posts: 47
    edited November -1
    I'm glad you felt him move. I have days like that too. I had one day where she gave me quite a scare and didn't move until the afternoon. Usually if I eat or drink something, she moves around. If that doesn't work, I lay down and rest my hands on my belly. So far it has worked.
    lamlamard20110606_-5_My+child+is.png
  • Options
    charcoaleyescharcoaleyes Posts: 864
    edited November -1
    I worry about that too. Now that he is bigger, i feel him more by just putting a hand on my belly.

Glad he is ok
  • Options
    edited November -1
    @hopeful2010 this pregnancy has flown by. I can't believe I am half way! It feels like just yesterday I got my BFP! So amazing.
  • Options
    A&JA&J Posts: 1,825
    edited November -1
    @cocobay---it's only going to get faster from here:-). To me the first trimester seemed to drag on, but into the second you start noticing so many changes and the pregnancy really seems to set in, next thing ya know you are holding your baby! I am so excited for you guys! It's just such an amazing experience!
    th_img-191_zps90b22fea.jpg
    th_img-109_zps4769e6c4.jpg
  • Options
    babybabybabybaby Posts: 1,564
    edited November -1
    sooooo glad to hear that everything is okay! this happened to me when i was 23 weeks pregnant, and i went into labor and delivery. they gave me a glass of orange juice and she immediately started flipping around. my heart just about stopped when i realized i hadn't felt her move, though. i remember getting on the phone with my mom, in tears. when i talked to my OB about it, he said, "they sleep just like us," and he chuckled at me. but l&d told me not to hesitate any time something seems off.