Skip to content
Welcome to our new forum! All existing NW Cryobank forum users will need to reset their passwords. Click forgot password and enter your email address to receive the link. Email us at info@nwcryobank.com with any questions.
NW Cryobank community boards and sibling connect groups will no longer be available after December 20th, 2023.

Newborn and an almost 2 1/2 year old

ShannyShanny Posts: 2,456
edited November -1 in Pregnancy and Babies
Any advice? I really thought that Arden was going to have such a tough time when her baby sister came into the picture. But at almost 3 1/2 she has done so well. In fact, I like her better now than ever before! ;)

Kate, not so much. She is perfectly happy when we are all together and my boss has the baby. At 8 days old that is still most of the time. But today when I put Kate down for a nap Arden and her Mom went to have a little time together and when Kate woke up and I had the baby she just lost her mind and screamed until Mom came in and I gave Lydia to her. To make matters worse, Kate has strep so if I have Lydia I really can't hold them both.

Anyway, next Monday I am being thrown to the wolves as Mom has a meeting she has to go to so I will have Lydia while I pick up the girls from school and take them to Arden's dance class. Juggling the 3 of them doesn't sound like fun under the best of circumstances right now but with Kate acting like this I am NOT looking forward to it. And it looks like we are moving within the month so that will be one more thing for Kate to deal with, poor thing. I know she'll be fine, it's just a lot for her right now.
image_zps64579b54.png

Comments

• CharmedCharmed Posts: 205
    edited November -1
    Poor Kate. Maybe part of her reaction is magnified, because she already doesn't feel well? It seems like every little thing is harder for them to handle when they are sick. Hope that she feels better soon, and adjusts to the new addition quickly.
    combatbootsflipflops.jpg

DHLLm5.png
  • K&HK&H Posts: 3,368 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Do you sling her anymore? These would be my suggestions, sling as much as possible when the baby isn't around, talk about how much you love her and how great it is to see her be such a big girl with the baby, nurse naked, take a bubble bath together... basically just as much skin to skin contact with her as you can stand when you're home just the two of you. Pretty much just acknowledging her feelings and snuggling as much as possible with a ton of patience on your part. It must be really hard to try to keep her apart from the baby since she's sick.
    Can you also try a Moby wrap or something really tight and close for the baby, so that you can have two free hands to play with, move around, be more free with Kate and Arden? It might make it seem a little less threatening if she can't really see the baby all that much. I think there must be some kind of biological imprint for breastfed babies when they see their mom with another baby. It's so threatening to them.

Please share any tips you might come up with, I think we'll be headed to this territory sometime in the future!!
    GOzIm4.png
    hAO7m4.png
    CmQMm4.png