Skip to content
Welcome to our new forum! All existing NW Cryobank forum users will need to reset their passwords. Click forgot password and enter your email address to receive the link. Email us at info@nwcryobank.com with any questions.
NW Cryobank community boards and sibling connect groups will no longer be available after December 20th, 2023.

BFP with 689A

nessandwoodnessandwood Posts: 162
edited November -1 in BFP Database
Well DP is carrying, but I am writing out story. We initially started TTC back in January of 2011. We started temping and couldn't really get it down, DP started taking generic prenatal vitamins and other than that we both lead very normal lives, even occasionally going out and whatnot, sometimes drinking alcohol. DP POAS from one week after her period on until we had gotten her periods and ovulation times down. We found out that DP had a regular irregular schedule one would be twenty six and one would be thirty six off and on like that. DP is 27 and we found out that she ovulated at fairly consistent times.

We starters inseminating at 6 hours past positive OPK and then another 12 after that. We then tried earlier like immidiatly after positive OPK and twelve hours later. We then tried twenty four hours later and fourth eight hours later. All of these attempts were negative and we wound up trying six times total.

Our successful BFP started in chaos on my birthday and we were running all around, drove to our nephews wrestling match and tried to cook my birthday dinner during our baby making ritual. We got home from wrestling at 28 hours past positive OPK and started thawing out IUI swimmers, we just set them on the counter for ten minutes then started laying out sanitized syringe, catheter, plastic speculum and headlamp. I proper up DPs bum on a pillow had her lay back and listen to my mood music cd and then I slowly sucked up the swimmers into the catheter which had been in DPs hand for about another ten minutes while I was laying things out. I didn't have a full syringe because the vial was IUI and I simply coated the speculum in predates and nothing else because I was doing an IUI. I inserted the catheter into DPs cervix, but only an inch or two, I had to move it around a little to get it to go in painlessly,and it took a minute to get it in without force. I slowly (everything needed to be slow) inserted the swimmers and this was the first time that no swimmers leaked out of the cervix at all! I think that is the most important.

DP and I layer around in bed for about fifteen minutes and had a little insemination sex to see if that might help. After that we continued to lay around for an hour or so and then went back to a crazy day filled with cake, dinner, entertaining and whatnot. We waited till day 13dpi and we got our BFP. We are so excited and I can't wait to see our little bean!
ttc-journey-1293343200z34z5z0z0z7z5z1z500-6-1-0.png

IMG_0663.jpg
1/2011 thru 9/2011 = 5 BFNs, 6th -10/22/2011 BFP-ending in misscarriage at 10 wks

Comments

• nessandwoodnessandwood Posts: 162
    edited November -1
    I justed wanted to update my post, we had a very hard miscarriage at ten weeks that ended in a D and C.
    ttc-journey-1293343200z34z5z0z0z7z5z1z500-6-1-0.png

IMG_0663.jpg
    1/2011 thru 9/2011 = 5 BFNs, 6th -10/22/2011 BFP-ending in misscarriage at 10 wks
  • yennieMTyennieMT Posts: 143
    edited November -1
    I'm so sorry to hear about your miscarriage. Take care.
  • LexnaniLexnani Posts: 398 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Spammers are still around...booooooooooooo