Skip to content
Welcome to our new forum! All existing NW Cryobank forum users will need to reset their passwords. Click forgot password and enter your email address to receive the link. Email us at info@nwcryobank.com with any questions.
NW Cryobank community boards and sibling connect groups will no longer be available after December 20th, 2023.
Options

Opinions please!!

FlowergirlFlowergirl Posts: 2,040
edited November -1 in Trying to Conceive
I really need some opinions, sooooo... please, if you have any ideas or thoughts, I want to hear them!!

As some of you already know, I am in the TWW, after our first IUI since our miscarriage... I had to take Augestin to jump start my cycle because I kept spotting but full AF just refused to start. Once I stopped the progesterone, my AF started within 4 days and I started my meds for the cycle. I responded slower than last cycle, but had 2 decent follies at my 2nd ultrasound on CD14. I triggered at 4am on CD15 and went in at 32 hours after trigger for IUI on CD16. I will note here that I tested 2 times a day leading up to trigger to make sure I wasn't surging on my own, and at my 2nd ultrasound, I still had not ovulated, and my OPK's were still very negative both that day and the next morning before triggering. I felt O pains happening right at the 36 hour mark, so 4 hours after insem. I also started progesterone (vaginal) at 5dpo.

So, here's where I need the opinions!! I tested out my trigger starting at 3dpo, which acted very different this cycle and hung around in a very small amount through 9dpo. Last cycle it was completely gone by 7dpo and I tested positive on 10dpo. This cycle I finally got my first clear white test at 10dpo (am). That evening, I started very lightly cramping and spotting (just pink cm really). Today, 11dpo tests are all still bfn and I am cramping heavier and still lightly spotting (pink to light brown, very watery cm). Tonight, I am still cramping a lot (like very sharp, early AF cramping not like actual full on AF cramps that double you over) and when I went to the bathroom a little bit ago, I had a "gush" of dark blood (still totally full of thin cm) but a fair amount of it all over.

Sorry for all the TMI, but I have never had a short LP before, and with the trigger, time of O should have been almost exact, and with the progesterone, even if AF was going to be earlyish, it should have held it off. I have, occasionally, spotted and cramped lightly for about an hour or so the evening of 13DPO and AF always comes 14dpo unless I don't O - on those few occasions that I knew of, then I have had to induce AF. This started at TEN-dpo, which is sooo strange. I'm so confused... I'm also scared - that something is wrong since my miscarriage - what if it's keeping me from getting pregnant again??? I don't know what to think?? Should I call the Dr. and let him know?? Just ride it out, wait and see??? Assume this is AF and start again??? Anyone??? Any thoughts would be helpful... HPT this evening (11dpo) was still bfn...

Thanks in advance to anyone who has any insight!!
After 9 yrs & 1 devastating loss, we got our BFP at 9DPO ~ and welcomed our beautiful son on Halloween! Best treat ever!!

a3cmlv.jpg

Comments

• Options
    wylinzwylinz Posts: 358
    edited November -1
    This is only your first try since the miscarriage, so try not to worry too much and don't give up hope. I didn't have any bleeding but I had LOTS of cramping when I got my BFP and I'm 14 weeks now with a healthy baby. I thought all the cramping was an indication that I was going to start AF and that there was something wrong with the baby but everything is fine. Since you've had dark blood, I would call the dr. to see what s/he has to say. BEst of luck to you! I think about you alot!
    282014_531207640238873_1174511491_n.jpg
    TTC #5 IUI at RE 11/4, medicated cycle. Yay!!!!!! It's a BFP!!!!!
    Baby Hunter born in July 2012
  • Options
    em'smomsem'smoms Posts: 1,439
    edited November -1
    I don't know, maybe it could be implantation bleeding, maybe a freak short luteal phase. As you know by now, sometimes our cycles really wack out on us during this time and maybe it being the first try after miscarriage just made is wacky. Either way, I hope all is well and if it is a wacky cycle you will get right back on track! I would call the doc if you feel comfortable, or else just wait the next couple days out and see if AF starts up. Good luck!!
  • Options
    lippysauntlippysaunt Posts: 545
    edited November -1
    I'd probably get in touch with my dr. just to be on the safe side, but I will say that the months I TTC I always have weird stuff happen...like the watery blood/CM so it's really hard to say for sure. I do hope you won't have to wait much longer for your BFP!!
  • Options
    Shaeley MaeShaeley Mae Posts: 1,731
    edited November -1
    Hmmm .... doesn't sound quite right. At the very least, I would have expected the progesterone to extend your LP. If it were me, I would inquire with my OB about that. Strange.

Please let us know though, and hang in there. There's no way that your dream is over. It just might take one more month. ;)
    IMG_0408-rs.jpgIMG_7844-rs.jpg
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Hmmm .... doesn't sound quite right. At the very least, I would have expected the progesterone to extend your LP. If it were me, I would inquire with my OB about that. Strange.

Please let us know though, and hang in there. There's no way that your dream is over. It just might take one more month. ;)

Thanks for the encouragement, Shaeley Mae!! I did put in a call to my Dr. this afternoon as AF is definitely here - came on full force this morning. (12dpo) :( He was out of the office today and hope to hear from him in the morning. We will be trying again right away, provided he gives me the ok, so I will definitely keep you posted! You're so right.. I can't give up after all this time! ;)

Thanks to the rest of you who responded as well - hopefully I have something more exciting to post next month!
    After 9 yrs & 1 devastating loss, we got our BFP at 9DPO ~ and welcomed our beautiful son on Halloween! Best treat ever!!

a3cmlv.jpg
  • Options
    graceinflgraceinfl Posts: 1,743
    edited November -1
    What was the mg of the progesterone? Do you possibly need more?

Hugs, I am sorry.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Grace, I am taking 50mg twice a day. Same dose as last time and didn't even have spotting when I lost the baby. :/ So not sure??

a3cmlv.jpg
  • Options
    graceinflgraceinfl Posts: 1,743
    edited November -1
    Flowergirl wrote:
    Grace, I am taking 50mg twice a day. Same dose as last time and didn't even have spotting when I lost the baby. :/ So not sure??

Maybe you can ask about increasing it of your progesterone is low? Did you have CD21 testing to check it?
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Maybe you can ask about increasing it of your progesterone is low? Did you have CD21 testing to check it?

I will see what the Dr. says tomorrow... No, I didn't have CD 21 testing - that was the day I actually started the progesterone.

a3cmlv.jpg