Skip to content
Welcome to our new forum! All existing NW Cryobank forum users will need to reset their passwords. Click forgot password and enter your email address to receive the link. Email us at info@nwcryobank.com with any questions.
NW Cryobank community boards and sibling connect groups will no longer be available after December 20th, 2023.
Options

Fifth try's lucky

2145mama2145mama Posts: 12
edited November -1 in BFP Database
On our fifth cycle trying, we got a BFP! We did unmedicated inseminations at home. No known fertility issues, in my mid-twenties.

We did two inseminations. The first was 24 hours post positive OPK with an ICI vial. The second was 49 hours post OPK, ICI using an IUI format vial. On 12 DPO, we got a clear positive pregnancy test on a FRER. Then on 13 DPO it came up 'Pregnant' on the CBE digital! I am convinced it was the 49 hours post OPK insem that actually worked, because I was charting and my temps lined up perfectly for conception with the last insem.

We are interested in contact with other families who are pregnant with or have children by NW Cryobank donor 2145. Please PM if interested in no-pressure contact!

Thanks and good luck to all.
My wife and I have a beautiful daughter by NW donor 2145, and we are interested in low-stress contact with other families who have children by him as well!
Tagged:

Comments

• Options
    mrslebrewmrslebrew Posts: 344
    edited November -1
    Congrats! You are in your mid 20's, well I'm 28 and we have been doing ICI since December. We tried 15 hrs and 18hrs post OPK, BFN. What made you do 49 hrs past? I have heard the younger you are the later you OV. So maybe I need to AI later past 24 hrs. Hopefully we will catch that little eggie this month! :D
    sGRVCbm.jpgsGRVm4.png
    picture365.jpg
  • Options
    2145mama2145mama Posts: 12
    edited November -1
    We planned on doing our second insemination at 36 hours post OPK, but that morning DW's temp hadn't dipped. Her temp always dips on the day she ovulates, so we decided to wait it out. The following morning, temp was taken at 48 hours and it did dip so we inseminated within the hour. Her cervix was really soft and open and had good amounts of CM, so we felt really good about the timing. Good luck to you!
    My wife and I have a beautiful daughter by NW donor 2145, and we are interested in low-stress contact with other families who have children by him as well!