Skip to content
Welcome to our new forum! All existing NW Cryobank forum users will need to reset their passwords. Click forgot password and enter your email address to receive the link. Email us at info@nwcryobank.com with any questions.
NW Cryobank community boards and sibling connect groups will no longer be available after December 20th, 2023.

For everyone......

2»

Comments

• graceinflgraceinfl Posts: 1,743
    edited November -1
    KNS - How very cool! I live near Destin, FL and apparently quite a few big names have houses there. Never seen them, but kinda cool. Lol
  • KNSKNS Posts: 399
    edited November -1
    Ohhh more pointless bragging!

I lived on the Outer Banks, NC in the town of Manteo, NC actually where Andy Griffith has a home. You know Andy Griffith, the sheriff of Mayberry, NC.

glaceinfl: you need to find out where the houses are a stalk them. :D
    Karen
  • GoobieGoobie Posts: 3,515
    edited November -1
    KNS now I am jealous, I LOVE James Earl Jones!!

graceinfl... you live near Destin?? I have a friend in Destin... now maybe I really DO need to come down to visit her!
    tt125c22.aspx

Need to update a ticker, Silas Anthony Jordon born Oct 11, 2013. 6th baby, so much love!
  • lolabellolabel Posts: 99
    edited February 2012
    I love words. Cop's derivation isn't as an acronym for "constable on patrol," nor is it because of copper worn by policemen; its exact origin is unclear, but the Oxford English Dictionary (which has incredible etymological resources) says it's likely to be from the verb "to cop" which is about grabbing or taking. The coppers grab people... Don't get caught by the coppers etc. Kinda makes sense. Anyhow, The Straight Dope has quite a good piece on it and why cops (not particularly derogatory in this day and age, not since I was a little kid although I'm still surprised to hear the term on the tv news) are called cops, pigs (definitely derogatory),and the fuzz:

http://www.straightdope.com/columns/read/2209/why-are-the-police-called-cops-pigs-or-the-fuzz
    Mother to a 4 year old who has changed my whole world for the better!
    edited November -1
    KNS wrote:
    Ohhh more pointless bragging!

I lived on the Outer Banks, NC in the town of Manteo, NC actually where Andy Griffith has a home. You know Andy Griffith, the sheriff of Mayberry, NC.

glaceinfl: you need to find out where the houses are a stalk them. :D

You lived in the OBX????? We went there for Spring Break in 2010 and loved it! We stayed right on the beach in Duck. Not much going on because it was off season but really enjoyed it. We ate at Dirty Dick's and that was an experience.

Hehe to the pointless bragging :)
    edited November -1
    Goobie wrote:
    KNS now I am jealous, I LOVE James Earl Jones!!

graceinfl... you live near Destin?? I have a friend in Destin... now maybe I really DO need to come down to visit her!

Yes, James Earl Jones had a smooooooth voice! And if you come visit, I know where OSS and KK live also! Going to visit them in a few weeks hopefully!
  • kittykitty Posts: 146
    edited November -1
    I must add that I am just so impressed with everyones live careers, we police, lawyers and nurses... so I am ever in trouble I have lots of people to call on.... :):D:lol::lol::lol:
This discussion has been closed.