Skip to content
Welcome to our new forum! All existing NW Cryobank forum users will need to reset their passwords. Click forgot password and enter your email address to receive the link. Email us at info@nwcryobank.com with any questions.
NW Cryobank community boards and sibling connect groups will no longer be available after December 20th, 2023.

Pregnant! :) *warning, long and detailed!*

FlowergirlFlowergirl Posts: 2,040
edited November -1 in BFP Database
For anyone who likes details :)

This was our second try since getting the green light after my D&C - (our first pregnancy after 8-1/2 years, ended when we lost our baby boy at 11 weeks, 4 days). The first cycle I tried was exactly 3 months after the procedure, and I had not gotten my normal AF back yet (had 1 seemingly normal AF at about 1-1/2 months after, but never got another one) so I had to take Provera to bring on AF, then I started right in with an injectables cycle. I don't think my body was quite ready yet, because I had nothing but problems that cycle - including 2 infections, and then getting AF at 10dpo, even after doing injectables and trigger! We had some ongoing issues with the billing department at our clinic, and because of that and finances in general, we made the decision that March would be our last try for at least a few months. I started researching a move to another state with mandated infertility coverage, so we could move on to IVF. When AF came 4 days early, I hadn't even had a chance to be disappointed and we went right into our next, and final cycle.

This cycle had it's own hiccups, but I stayed very hopeful and positive - reaching out to friends and family, in person and online, for support and positive thoughts.

I started out with a CD 2 ultrasound just to make sure nothing was showing that would stand in the way of TTC. The ultrasound showed an extra thick lining for CD 2 and a cyst on my right ovary. My Dr. had me take another pregnancy test to make sure I wasn't pregnant due to the thick lining, and said the cyst shouldn't be an issue, but he was glad to have noted it, so it wouldn't be mistaken for a potential follicle later. As I already knew, the test was negative, so I took Clomid 100mg, from CD 3-7 and a Gonal-F injection 150IU's on CD 9. On CD 10, I had another ultrasound to check my follies. I had a nice looking follie on the left at 11mm and 4 on the right at 10mm. The cyst on the right had collapsed, and he mentioned again it was good we had noted it at the CD 2 ultrasound, because we would have had to decide at this point if it was an early released egg, or a dissolved cyst. On CD 12, I went back for my next ultrasound, fully expecting my follies to be ready, or nearly ready, to trigger. The tech who did my ultrasound was irritated that she was not getting to leave early on a Friday night, was rude and hurried through my ultrasound. Her report stated that none of my follies had grown at all!! I was so frustrated with my body, but I couldn't help wondering if she hadn't gotten good measurements because she was in such a hurry and had such a no care attitude. The Dr. was also a little puzzled/disappointed that my follies had just 'went to sleep' and decided to have me sit out the weekend (testing for surge every day) and come back in on Monday for a follow up ultrasound. 4th ultrasound - all $$ out of pocket... arrgghh! I left feeling defeated and gave my little sleeping follies a pep talk... The cycle we got pregnant with our son, I took 81mg of baby aspirin every day from CD 1, and even though it was our very first bfp ever, my lining was only at a 7 when I triggered that cycle, which is the bare minimum. The first cycle we tried after the miscarriage, I had run out of the baby aspirin, so I didn't take it - my lining at time of trigger was a beautiful 10+, so I decided it maybe wasn't necessary. After finding out the news that my follies had stalled out, I thought of the baby aspirin... it was the only thing I was doing different from our first bfp cycle. Another reason to take baby aspirin, is that it is believed to improve blood flow and oxygen to the ovaries to improve ovulation. I started it again that night, and just prayed for some better news on my follies on Monday. CD 14 rolled around and I got the super nice tech who was my usual follie measurer :). She was very sweet, as always and told me she sure hoped the Dr. had good news for me after she was done! The Dr. came in with a big smile and said the follie on the left had leaped to life over the weekend and was a beautiful 18mm!!! YAY!! I triggered that night at 9:30pm, and we scheduled the IUI for Wednesday morning, (CD 16) at 9:00am. The sample was great at 18mil and lining great also at 10+ again! I came straight home and laid down for a nap :) I started feeling strong O pains about 10am, and they lasted pretty consistently until about 1pm.

I started having pretty convincing symptoms at about 4DPO - upset stomach after eating, ravenous hunger to the point of getting weak and shaky if I didn't eat on time, (tmi) diarrhea all day and all night, metallic taste in mouth (5dpo), dizzy light headed feeling (6dpo), and a lot of cramping and pulling (7dpo). At 8dpo, I started feeling the pulled sharp pulled muscle feeling in my uterus/ovary area, something I had felt for the first time on my first bfp cycle at 9dpo. It happens when I move to fast, or when I strain a little to do something, like get up out of my car.

My trigger shot never actually tested out - it got lighter, down to just a shadow of a grayish line at 8DPO. I fully expected it to be gone the next morning, and I was eager to test and see that stark white so I could look forward to actual bfp lines! The night of 8dpo/morning of 9dpo I had a very vivid dream that I had tested and it was clearly positive! I actually had a very similar dream the last time I was pregnant, the night before I tested positive. 9DPO, I tested and left the test on the counter while I went about my morning routine. I came back and was shocked to find a light, but very definite second pink line!! I tried to talk myself down, that it surely must just be the trigger playing a trick on me, but I was now 11 days past trigger, so I knew that was highly unlikely. I dipped a digital, just so I could see the 'not pregnant', rationalizing that if it said 'not pregnant' today and 'pregnant' any time after, I would know the hcg was actually rising!! As I had suspected, it said 'not pregnant'.

The next morning, I couldn't wait to test and woke up an hour earlier than normal, and couldn't help myself! So, with only 3 hour held urine, I peed and dipped and there was that beautiful second line, even darker than the day before!! I dipped a digital and it said "Pregnant"!!!

My first beta at 12DPO was 191 and more than doubled to 291 at 14DPO! By 12DPO, the second line was coming up before the dye had even passed through the entire window. In addition to the symptoms I started noticing earlier, I've had also a lot of cramping (some similar to O pains and some identical to AF cramps), and most recently, heartburn, which I've never experienced in my life before! I have my first ultrasound in a week and a half!

We are just trying to enjoy every moment, and stay positive; we're cautiously excited and sooo hope this is our forever baby!
After 9 yrs & 1 devastating loss, we got our BFP at 9DPO ~ and welcomed our beautiful son on Halloween! Best treat ever!!

a3cmlv.jpg

Comments

• im2tsim2ts Posts: 76
    edited November -1
    I love happy stories like this. Congrats!!!
    38.gif2sgn096spell.gif
    Gabrielle hopeful mommy someday!!!! RIP Donor Embryos
    Going to Prague Czeck Republic for egg donor and sperm donor cycle in Oct.
  • kittykitty Posts: 146
    edited November -1
    Congratulations!
  • kittykitty Posts: 146
    edited November -1
    BTW Which state where you thinking of moving to that has IVF coverage? I used up my coverage in HI
  • FlowergirlFlowergirl Posts: 2,040
    edited November -1
    kitty wrote:
    BTW Which state where you thinking of moving to that has IVF coverage? I used up my coverage in HI

Kitty, we were looking into moving to Illinois. They have some requirements to qualifying for their mandatory coverage, but most of them are employment related (as in who has to offer the coverage) and none of those would have been an issue for us. I work for Walmart (which covers the required number of employees) and could have gotten a transfer to a store there so it was definitely an option we considered. We may consider it again in the future, to give my husband the chance at a biological child :)
    After 9 yrs & 1 devastating loss, we got our BFP at 9DPO ~ and welcomed our beautiful son on Halloween! Best treat ever!!

a3cmlv.jpg