Skip to content
Welcome to our new forum! All existing NW Cryobank forum users will need to reset their passwords. Click forgot password and enter your email address to receive the link. Email us at info@nwcryobank.com with any questions.
NW Cryobank community boards and sibling connect groups will no longer be available after December 20th, 2023.
Options

I could really use some advice

preciousgiftpreciousgift Posts: 2,191
edited March 2012 in Trying to Conceive
Hi.. I wanted to see what you all think about this.

I am on CD 36 today! I did not insem this cycle, so it is not b/c I am pregnant.

My cycles are usually from 27-31 days max for the last several years. I am 39 yrs old as of last December.

This cycle I did take Evening Primrose Oil for the first time from CD 4 to CD 15 and then stopped. I was taking it b/c I heard it helped to increase cerv. mucus, but it didn't seem to help, so I stopped.

I was also taking mucinex (regular, no extra ingredients) CD 7 to CD 15.

Started baby aspirin 81mg for the first time once daily starting CD 28 and still taking it.

I took B6 and B Complex CD 30 to CD 34 for the first time.

Also, my pet bird that I had almost 17 years died on Feb 20 (which was my CD 17).

Why is this cycle so long.... where is AF???

Any input would be great!
Thanks!
lg2wm5.png
........................... :) Trying again soon :)..................................
Tagged:

Comments

• Options
    K&HK&H Posts: 3,368 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    My guess would be stress-induced late (or no) ovulation. Sorry!
    Might want to have CD3 tests run, given your age.
    Have you charted much at all? Noticed a change recently, etc?
    GOzIm4.png
    hAO7m4.png
    CmQMm4.png
  • Options
    JayJayJayJay Posts: 1,192
    edited November -1
    I would worry too much if you are having one wonky cycle. They say that even women with the most regular of cycles can have a strange cycle here and there. I do think it could have something to do with stress. I am so sorry about your bird. :( That is such a hard thing to deal with.
  • Options
    old mamaold mama Posts: 4,682
    edited November -1
    My cycle ran super long this last time and I did AI but was not pregnant. I blame it on stress!!! If it doesn't come soon you might go to see dr. and he can give you meds to start it. How absolutely frustrating to be waiting on AF.
  • Options
    graceinflgraceinfl Posts: 1,743
    edited November -1
    We are considered to be "geriatrics" for TTC and pregnancy purposes :)

Given that, sometimes these things happen to us. I have had those few cycles and I look back now and can identify stress as the culprit. It sounds like you are taking the right things so I would just continue. You could get the cd 3 testing as suggested also.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Thank you ladies for your answers..... I was trying to get my fertility friend chart on here but not quite sure how to do that. I have only charted one cycle so far, this Feb/ March 2012. It says no definite ovulation detected ....but I MAY have ovulated between CD 17 to CD 20

I am HOPING it is just due to stress of my bird that I have had since 1995 dying on Feb. 20.. I also broke up with a boyfriend of almost 4 yrs in Dec. 2011....And, he was causing some problems at my work in Jan./ Feb 2012. So, there was a lot of stress...plus the stress of my first attempt at ttc and worrying (obsessing :) )over when to order the tank, about getting such a fade in pattern of LH tests (over the course of almost a week).

I haven't been as stressed over the last 2 weeks... So, I am hoping this helps be get AF sometime soon.

Still nothing though...

Thanks for "listening" to my venting... :) It is so frustrating b/c I haven't even got a chance to insem at all yet... :( Hopefully soon.
    lg2wm5.png
    ........................... :) Trying again soon :)..................................
  • Options
    wishing2bmomwishing2bmom Posts: 301
    edited November -1
    Try to relax (as hard as that can be) and it will happen. If it doesn't come soon, you could always go to your GYN and get provera I think to bring it on.

GL!
    February/March - IVF #1 (3/2/12 3DT 2 perfect 8 cell embryos)
    IT'S A GIRL!!! EDD 11/21/12 - Born 11/16/12 via C-Section
    3afFm5.png
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Thanks wishing2bmom.... I am going to wait a little while longer... but if it is too long I will have to see what my gyn can do about provera...

Congrats on your BFP!
    lg2wm5.png