Skip to content
Welcome to our new forum! All existing NW Cryobank forum users will need to reset their passwords. Click forgot password and enter your email address to receive the link. Email us at info@nwcryobank.com with any questions.
NW Cryobank community boards and sibling connect groups will no longer be available after December 20th, 2023.

My smiley came!! And a telling dream...

Jccwill3Jccwill3 Posts: 687
edited April 2012 in Trying to Conceive
So, i was dead asleep when my phone rang. I talked to my mother on the phone today and she calls me back: " I forgot to tell you something. I dreamed of fish last night."

For those of you who have no idea what I'm talking about, in some ethnic communities especially in the African American community dreaming of fish means that someone is or is soon to be pregnant."

I freaked out, I was like really? She gave me all the details and even though I had taken a smiley at 330ish, nothing was there. Talked to my mom and figured might as well go POAS. And there it was!!!! A smiley staring right back at me At 838pm ..... and tons of EWCM. It's like....the perfect consistency. Gosh, I'm so excited now.

If I would have followed FF and not my own body, I woulda missed ovulation by 3 days or so! That would have steamed my beans royally. My temp is 93.56 VS the normal 97.72 which means either I'm about to die or ovulate :D ....that's really low.

So I'm thinking of insemming at 12/34 hours?
Like I said I am 28, no know fertility issues. Think id sure closer to 24 hrs? Im at a wierd age... Im not sure if my box is old or young anymore. Lol. Need your last
minute help guys. You brought me this far.

May you all dream of fish tonight!!!
Tagged:

Comments

• TheMysticalOneTheMysticalOne Posts: 850 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I insemmed at 6 hours and then 24 hours past my positive OPK. I felt cramping around 24 hours, so I think i was ovulating then!

Do you have any idea of how soon you ovulate after a +OPK? Last cycle that I used clomid I ovulated even sooner--like THAT night! so I think I ovulate very close to it. I wouldn't do it too late. Those swimmers can last up to 24 hours. You have two vials? I would do a first, earlier one and then a second if (when!!) you feel cramps. That's what I did!! I know others get it later though. Everybody's body is so different!

Good luck with your timing. Whatever timing you use will be fine, I'm sure!!
  • single31single31 Posts: 95
    edited November -1
    Dreaming of fish....I had'nt heard of that one! I did have one dream where my grandmother (who has passed away) came to visit the family, she brought everyone a gift, mine was a box of pink baby cloths, when I asked her why, she said "you'll need them" thats the dream I hang onto when I start to worry this will never happen. So....heres to fishy dreams!!!
  • Jccwill3Jccwill3 Posts: 687
    edited November -1
    Bump
  • KatydidKatydid Posts: 515 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I think you are still considered a bit on the young side. In general, the younger you are the farther from your surge you ovulate. The few times that I got a smiley, I believe that I ovulated about 24-30 hours later based on my temps and CM (I'm 34). I would insem later than 12 hours unless you know for sure. Maybe even 18-24 and then 36. I always wanted the sperm there waiting but not about to die :). Best of luck!
  • scifimomscifimom Posts: 1,173
    edited November -1
    Here's to fishy dreams! Good luck on the timing. :D
    EyNNm4.png
    zjng3tj.jpgzjngm4.png
  • Jccwill3Jccwill3 Posts: 687
    edited April 2012
    Well, I'm feeling very....ripe. Tons of EWCM, feeling very "wet" down there (tmi) and I'm getting cramping pangs. My back is soooooo sore.

Meanwhile, I'm practicing with preseed and milk. It's actually a great visual. Hope it helps.

Yesterday when I tested around 330p, no smiley...then 830pm smiley. So now I get to play the give or take game with that 5 hour window. Aye.