Skip to content
Welcome to our new forum! All existing NW Cryobank forum users will need to reset their passwords. Click forgot password and enter your email address to receive the link. Email us at info@nwcryobank.com with any questions.
NW Cryobank community boards and sibling connect groups will no longer be available after December 20th, 2023.

Bleeding & Worried - Update

TheMysticalOneTheMysticalOne Posts: 850 ✭✭
edited April 2012 in Pregnancy and Babies
So yesterday I went into the ER with some spotting and they did a sonogram and deemed that everything looked okay.

Well today the "spotting" has turned into bleeding. The doctor sent me over to the hospital for some blood work (finally), so hopefully I'll have some answers tomorrow about how my beta is. I've been put on bed rest for the weekend or until the bleeding stops. I'm just SO worried now because it's not just spotting. It's definatly red and it's definatly blood. Luckily I'm not in any pain yet and there are no clots, but I'm still worried.

While I was getting my blood work done I got so light headed that I almost passed out. She had to put the chair back and fan me and give me juice and I sat there for a good 15 minutes before I had to be wheeled out to my vehicle. My mom had to drive me home. I hope that that didn't make things worse for me.

Now I'm slathering on progesterone cream, keeping my feet up as much as possible, and drinking pregnancy tea that's supposed to "calm" my uterus. I hope this helps. I'm really scared right now. I don't know what to think anymore.

UPDATE: 4/13/12

I was having a lot of red bleeding this morning, enough to think I was on my period. Went to the ER this morning (the BETTER ER!). They took blood again, gave me an IV and did an ultrasound. The baby is in distress and they say it doesn't look good. I've been sent home on bed rest. They're calling today a "threatened miscarriage" and now is a waiting game.

They've said there is a "sack" that the baby gets nutrients from and this sack is much smaller than it's supposed to be. Apparently the baby is growing but not getting the nutrition it needs. They seemed to be leaning towards a miscarriage, but as far as I'm concerned I'll fight for this baby as long as it has a heartbeat. They said that there is still a chance that the baby could pull through. But now it's just a waiting game.

Thank you all for your thoughts and prayers. I believe every little thought makes the difference and I'm praying that this bleeding STOPS!!

Comments

• Beth81392Beth81392 Posts: 486
    edited November -1
    I just wanted to wish you good luck. I had spotting at about 6 weeks, and it was fine.

BEth
    Words cannot even begin to describe how much I love these kids
    BeachDuo.jpg
  • wishing2bmomwishing2bmom Posts: 301
    edited November -1
    good luck, ill be praying for you and make sure you take it easy and try not to stress!
    February/March - IVF #1 (3/2/12 3DT 2 perfect 8 cell embryos)
    IT'S A GIRL!!! EDD 11/21/12 - Born 11/16/12 via C-Section
    3afFm5.png
  • mommylovemommylove Posts: 1,582
    edited November -1
    Hang in there!
    I had spotting and major bleeding throughout my first and even second trimester. There are so many factors that can cause it. I know our minds tend to always go directly to the worst option, but try to stay calm and hopefully you'll have some answers. Do take the bedrest seriously, either way your body is telling you to rest.
    Good luck!
    be422225-267e-4ff7-94c0-a8d5baf3176a_zpse0970fea.jpg
    October 2014

Dk5Zm7.png

22gfm7.png
  • FlowergirlFlowergirl Posts: 2,040
    edited November -1
    I'm sorry you're having to deal with this worry... try not to think the worst - I know it is incredibly hard not to. Rest, rest, rest, and drink lots of water. Your body may very well just be adjusting to baby settling in... think positive!! (((hugs)))
    After 9 yrs & 1 devastating loss, we got our BFP at 9DPO ~ and welcomed our beautiful son on Halloween! Best treat ever!!

a3cmlv.jpg
  • ZenZen Posts: 2,942
    edited November -1
    I too had spotting at 8 and 10 weeks and spent a few panicky weeks living moment to moment. Hoping for the best for you!
    AfUDuhU.jpgAfUDm4.png
  • GoobieGoobie Posts: 3,515
    edited November -1
    oh dear, keeping you in my thoughts!
    tt125c22.aspx

Need to update a ticker, Silas Anthony Jordon born Oct 11, 2013. 6th baby, so much love!
  • mrslebrewmrslebrew Posts: 344
    edited November -1
    Sorry to hear about your bleeding, we are all here for you. I hope you Stop bleeding soon, and everything goes well. I'm sending you lots of hugs and baby dust!
    sGRVCbm.jpgsGRVm4.png
    picture365.jpg
  • old mamaold mama Posts: 4,682
    edited November -1
    Hang in there. So hoping for a good outcome for you!
  • LauranLauran Posts: 992
    edited November -1
    Thinking good thoughts for you!

I bled for several weeks with my second pregnancy. Turned out I had a bad UTI in combination with some "debris" in my uterus. Nothing to do with the baby at all.
    8753d5b8-b427-43ab-84c1-768bae9fb46b.jpg179591c8-0980-4d54-bf49-65f3f46650c4.jpg
  • Ms.KateMs.Kate Posts: 1,216
    edited November -1
    I'm sorry that you're experiencing this. I know you must be very scared and anxious. It is a good sign that you are not cramping or in pain, and bleeding can be very normal. I'm only going to think good, positive thoughts for you and your baby. Take care of yourself and stay strong. (HUG!)
  • tellytelly Posts: 625
    edited November -1
    Im glad everything is ok from the dr point of view. I pray things work out just fine for you hun.
    2014-04-26%2000.27.50.jpg

eNortjKzUjIyNDI3tFSyBlwwFXgC0w,,63.png
  • preciousgiftpreciousgift Posts: 2,191
    edited November -1
    I will be saying prayers for you and baby. I have never been pregnant (yet), but I think the fact that women on here have and have had bleeding, and now have healthy babies will hopefully give you some hope. I would just follow your doctors advice of bedrest, and try (I am sure it is so hard) not to worry too much.
    HUGS!
    lg2wm5.png
    ........................... :) Trying again soon :)..................................
  • GaBeekeeperGaBeekeeper Posts: 916
    edited November -1
    hoping that this strong baby fights and stays put!!
    pqkom4.png
    FxZxm4.pngcarousel_zps296ade6d.jpg
  • Ms.KateMs.Kate Posts: 1,216
    edited November -1
    Aw, sweetie. I am pulling for you and your baby. Are they referring to the yolk sac?
  • muripherousmuripherous Posts: 264
    edited November -1
    Please try to get some rest this weekend. Sending positive vibes to you and your little one.
    kR99m5.png
    6monthcollage.jpg
  • TheMysticalOneTheMysticalOne Posts: 850 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Kate, I'm not sure. It's possible that they could be.
  • ZenZen Posts: 2,942
    edited November -1
    Keeping you in my thoughts this weekend!
    AfUDuhU.jpgAfUDm4.png
  • 2momsfulloflove2momsfulloflove Posts: 396
    edited November -1
    You will be in my thoughts and prayers. Hope you are able to get as much rest as possible this weekend.
    Mommy to two amazing kiddos thanks to NW
    10/11 - BFN, 11/11 - BFP (early miscarriage), 12/11 - BFN, 1/12 - BFN, 2/12 - BFN
  • beyondobsessedbeyondobsessed Posts: 804
    edited November -1
    Thinking of you and hoping your little bean stays strong!
    squsqusrd20120522_-6_Our+Little+Man+is.png
  • FlowergirlFlowergirl Posts: 2,040
    edited November -1
    Keeping you and your baby in my thoughts and prayers... sure hope baby hangs on and keeps growing!! (((hugs)))
    After 9 yrs & 1 devastating loss, we got our BFP at 9DPO ~ and welcomed our beautiful son on Halloween! Best treat ever!!

a3cmlv.jpg
  • stash7210stash7210 Posts: 998
    edited November -1
    We are hoping for the best for you and you tuff little sticky bean!!! (((((HUGS)))))