Skip to content
Welcome to our new forum! All existing NW Cryobank forum users will need to reset their passwords. Click forgot password and enter your email address to receive the link. Email us at info@nwcryobank.com with any questions.
NW Cryobank community boards and sibling connect groups will no longer be available after December 20th, 2023.
Options

1st Trimester Symptoms - venting anyone?

scifimomscifimom Posts: 1,173
edited November -1 in Pregnancy and Babies
Hey ladies in the first trimester, or beyond, want to vent about pregnancy symptoms?

Just a few days ago my morning sickness started. So far, mine is a general queasiness most of the time and nausea every few hours if I don't eat.

Also, I'm tired a lot and my left hip hurts. I feel generally icky and spacey a lot of the time.

I am grateful I'm not throwing up! And I'm just overall grateful for my little bean.

How are you gals feeling?
EyNNm4.png
zjng3tj.jpgzjngm4.png

Comments

• Options
    LbakerLbaker Posts: 234
    edited November -1
    DW has been irritable. She was very nauseous at about 6 weeks, and had to eat every couple hours. That has thankfully subsided. However, she has really bad acid reflux, which makes her throw up. Other than that, just general tiredness and moodiness.
    4470a244-b3a2-4de4-ae57-11b81542c124_zpsdcbfdc20.jpg2ec06ca7-63d1-40da-a28d-1cb24fa3c150_zps63478b0d.jpg
    KrIUm5.png
  • Options
    tc0104tc0104 Posts: 579 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    My ms started promptly a few days ago at 5w exactly. With Laney it started at 6w. When I rock Laney at night and read to her, I could hurl from the motion. I'm just mostly tired and do not have the usual appetite. Looking forward to our first ultrasound June 5th.
  • Options
    cocolibbycocolibby Posts: 385
    edited November -1
    I just got my BFP this morning at 11 dpo, but my DW said to me last night that my PMS was unbearable, so I guess I'm being a jerk! LOL

I definitely feel super... impatient. Especially with our six year old who literally never. stops. talking. Ever. Anyway, I'll have betas this coming week - they didn't want to do one today because the lab is closed Monday for a repeat. Blah.
  • Options
    KatydidKatydid Posts: 515 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I have been feeling great except for being really tired until the last few days. I really can't wait to actually look pregnant, but I am suddenly bloated enough that I may need maternity shirts asap or I will look like Winnie the Pooh! I know the baby is not big enough for this new belly to have appeared so I don't know what is going on.
  • Options
    tc0104tc0104 Posts: 579 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Katydid, with my daughter i had to start using one of those belly bands right around 13w bc I was starting to pop out.
  • Options
    mommylovemommylove Posts: 1,582
    edited November -1
    No real symptoms or signs aside from just wanting to nap a lot. Tough to get nap time though with a 14 months old who is BUSY! :-)
    I am hoping to avoid morning sickness again as I didn't have it at all with our son. We shall see!
    Other than that, we are just continuing on living our family life...we are always busy spending time with friends and family and today we are going on a day trip to Sandpoint, ID to spend time hiking at the lake and letting Sebastian explore the marina and the airman museum. Fun stuff!
    be422225-267e-4ff7-94c0-a8d5baf3176a_zpse0970fea.jpg
    October 2014

Dk5Zm7.png

22gfm7.png
  • Options
    mommylovemommylove Posts: 1,582
    edited November -1
    I already take B6, always have. And I am just hoping I will sail through never getting sick again...like I said, I never once had m/s with our son. I truly enjoyed my pregnancy!
    be422225-267e-4ff7-94c0-a8d5baf3176a_zpse0970fea.jpg
    October 2014

Dk5Zm7.png

22gfm7.png
  • Options
    Ms.KateMs.Kate Posts: 1,216
    edited November -1
    I will say that I absolutely hated my 1st Trimester. I remember people being so excited that I was pregnant, and don't get me wrong, I was too - but I was definitely missing that glow factor. I was sick and tired nearly all the time. I didn't want to complain because I had worked so hard to get pregnant and had wanted it so badly, but I couldn't help it sometimes. I kept telling myself it was normal. Then, one day around 12.5 wekks things just started to feel better. Since then I have felt pretty great!

I'm sure the 3rd trimester will bring new pains and surprises. It's all part of the journey!

Just try to take the fatigue and emotions in stride, and I hope no one gets severe m/s. Hang in there!
  • Options
    scifimomscifimom Posts: 1,173
    edited November -1
    Thanks for the reminders that the ms will likely pass going into the 2nd trimester (I know some women are sick the whole time!) I'm more with Ms.Kate, because I'm so tired and moody and icky feeling. If I get feeling really down, I have to remind myself that I'm pregnant and to not take the low feeling too seriously! This too shall pass!

I am so glad I have an appetite, though! Homemade veggie pizza is in the oven as I type!
    EyNNm4.png
    zjng3tj.jpgzjngm4.png
  • Options
    AuntrayrayAuntrayray Posts: 241
    edited November -1
    I'm feeling pretty good these days! I was nauseated almost constantly from 6 weeks until about 12.5 but since then I only feel nauseated if I wait too long to eat. I am really tired though...I slept for 14 hours last night!! I floated through dinner and went straight to bed. I'm already having hip pain but I had that with A and C. In the end it's all worth it and I'm happy to be dealing with these things!

Hope your MS passes soon. :)
    Baby #4 ~ It's a boy!!
    2013.pngMake a pregnancy ticker
  • Options
    2moms2be2moms2be Posts: 226
    edited November -1
    So far I have been surprised how easy this seems to be going. (knocking on everything wood)
    I have some lower ligament pain, noting I can't handle.
    I get nauseous a couple times a day and a icky feeling, but have never thrown up. Most of the time if I eat something bland it will go away.
    The biggest and weirdest thing for me has been smell aversions! I hate the smell of basically any kind of meat. Or anything smoked! I have not been able to eat any meat for a while now, and been finding many different kinds of protein to eat instead.
    We go for our second Ultra sound this Tuesday, which I can not wait for!
    So, so far not so bad :D
    Love reading everyone responses!
    Try#1 BFN Try#2 BFN Try#3 BFN Try#4 BFN Try#5 BFN Try#6 BFN Try#7 (after 8 months off) BFP!!! We are MOMS!
    475374_4381287044509_1614899970_o.jpg
    ojalm5.png