Skip to content
Welcome to our new forum! All existing NW Cryobank forum users will need to reset their passwords. Click forgot password and enter your email address to receive the link. Email us at info@nwcryobank.com with any questions.
NW Cryobank community boards and sibling connect groups will no longer be available after December 20th, 2023.
Options

Our BFP

2texasmoms2texasmoms Posts: 299 ✭✭
edited November -1 in BFP Database
I found reading these so helpful that I wanted to make sure to share our story for others. :)

We got our BFP on our second try, inseminating at home. My first cycle trying had been off due to I think me stressing and obsessing over it, so I tried to just relax and go with the flow this cycle. I drank grapefruit juice to increase CM (not sure if it helped or not, but it made me feel better!) and drank Fertilitea each evening leading up to ovulation.

We had ICI 4 vials to work with. I started getting EWCM, and also feeling something like O pain a couple of days before my +OPK. The day I had a ton of EWCM I felt like I just couldn't ignore it so we did an insemination even though I didn't have a +OPK yet. Got my positive about 36 hours later (right on time, CD 19) and we insemmed at 6, 21 and 32 hours past +OPK.

Our timing was a little unconventional but I felt confident in that I knew that I was listening to my body and the signs telling me it was time to make a baby. I didn't have a lot of symptoms other than feeling some cramping in my lower abdomen from 6DPO onward. I tested at 11 dpo and got a very faint line, but definitely a positive. Couldn't quite believe it, so I tested again the next day and YES...Positive!

Comments

• Options
    HopefulVHopefulV Posts: 114
    edited November -1
    2texasmoms wrote:
    I found reading these so helpful that I wanted to make sure to share our story for others. :)

We got our BFP on our second try, inseminating at home. My first cycle trying had been off due to I think me stressing and obsessing over it, so I tried to just relax and go with the flow this cycle. I drank grapefruit juice to increase CM (not sure if it helped or not, but it made me feel better!) and drank Fertilitea each evening leading up to ovulation.

We had ICI 4 vials to work with. I started getting EWCM, and also feeling something like O pain a couple of days before my +OPK. The day I had a ton of EWCM I felt like I just couldn't ignore it so we did an insemination even though I didn't have a +OPK yet. Got my positive about 36 hours later (right on time, CD 19) and we insemmed at 6, 21 and 32 hours past +OPK.

Our timing was a little unconventional but I felt confident in that I knew that I was listening to my body and the signs telling me it was time to make a baby. I didn't have a lot of symptoms other than feeling some cramping in my lower abdomen from 6DPO onward. I tested at 11 dpo and got a very faint line, but definitely a positive. Couldn't quite believe it, so I tested again the next day and YES...Positive!

Aww I'm so happy for you...and inspired! I hope #2 is lucky for us as well. Grapefruit juice? I had always heard pineapple juice?
    Achieved a pregnancy in 2009, miscarried at 9 weeks. Tried to conceive "normal way" until 4/2011, discovered that is not possible. DH sperm, doesn't swim.
    ICI #1 12/22/11 - Chemical PG ICI #2 6/14/12....BFN ICI #3 7/15/12...BFN Final ICI #4 8/11/12....BFN IUI #1 9/?.....

tt147444.aspx