Skip to content
Welcome to our new forum! All existing NW Cryobank forum users will need to reset their passwords. Click forgot password and enter your email address to receive the link. Email us at info@nwcryobank.com with any questions.
NW Cryobank community boards and sibling connect groups will no longer be available after December 20th, 2023.
Options

Will I need to use an HCG trigger

Katy1977Katy1977 Posts: 6
edited November -1 in Trying to Conceive
Hey everyone,

I am brand new around here and in the fall I plan to start a few at home inseminations. I think I am doing the process in the opposite direction of most (maybe). I went through three IVFs and an IUI last year and my REs were a huge disappointment, that I want to give it a go on my own a few times before I move on to a donor cycle (which I have planned for next spring).

My question is... all I know is the medication route - protocols, stims, triggers were my entire life in 2011. So I've been sitting her trying to make a plan for how I will do an at home insemination and at this point, I think I will do estrogen priming (I have a box of Vivelle left AND I'm sure my pcp will give me a script for more if needed for an additional cycle). Although I have a box of Bravelle left and about 600 iu of Gonal I don't think I will use them bc I will be unmonitored. My worry is the trigger.

Do you all think I can do this timing simply by going by a +OPK (my natural surge) OR are many of you using a trigger at home?

(Oh -- just a little bit on me- I am single, with a 15yr old adopted son, ended a long term relationship in 2010 - we were supposed to get married, but finding out he had a girlfriend on the side kind of threw a monkey wrench in our plans ya know. :/

Alright --look forward to talking to everyone more! :)

Katy
ttc-journey-1297317600z28z0z0z6z0z9z0z3000-0-1-0.png

41 yrs; Single TTC #1; Psychologist; 15 year old adopted son
2011 (3 IVFs and 1 IUI; 3 different REs); At home inseminations planned (3 max) -fall of 2012; Donor Cycle in 2013 if ICI fails

dpo-1339218000z5z28z14.png
Tagged:

Comments

• Options
    graceinflgraceinfl Posts: 1,743
    edited November -1
    Welcome to the boards! I am also 41 and a SMBC. My ex had a "girlfriend" on the side also. Yikes!

I have no experience with any meds other than Clomid so I can't contribute here. I am currently using a known donor and AI 1-3 times a cycle. I go off OPKs and temping (when I do it) along with cm. I generally AI every other day starting on cd11/12 depending on our schedules.

Good luck!
  • Options
    Katy1977Katy1977 Posts: 6
    edited November -1
    graceinfl wrote:
    Welcome to the boards! I am also 41 and a SMBC. My ex had a "girlfriend" on the side also. Yikes!

I have no experience with any meds other than Clomid so I can't contribute here. I am currently using a known donor and AI 1-3 times a cycle. I go off OPKs and temping (when I do it) along with cm. I generally AI every other day starting on cd11/12 depending on our schedules.

Good luck!

LOL -- what a coincidence - you're 41, a SMBC, live in FL, and TTC!

Thanks so much for the info regarding the trigger. Great to know that I won't have to worry about trying to get hcg, since I refuse to see another RE until it's time for a donor egg cycle.
    ttc-journey-1297317600z28z0z0z6z0z9z0z3000-0-1-0.png

41 yrs; Single TTC #1; Psychologist; 15 year old adopted son
    2011 (3 IVFs and 1 IUI; 3 different REs); At home inseminations planned (3 max) -fall of 2012; Donor Cycle in 2013 if ICI fails

dpo-1339218000z5z28z14.png