Skip to content
Welcome to our new forum! All existing NW Cryobank forum users will need to reset their passwords. Click forgot password and enter your email address to receive the link. Email us at info@nwcryobank.com with any questions.
NW Cryobank community boards and sibling connect groups will no longer be available after December 20th, 2023.
Options

kids room question/ shutters

A&JA&J Posts: 1,825
edited November -1 in Parenting and Life
Does anyone have plantation shutters in their child' s room? If so do you like them? Were they already installed or did you install them? We are considering adding these in O' s room for the look as well as hopefully function?
th_img-191_zps90b22fea.jpg
th_img-109_zps4769e6c4.jpg

Comments

• Options
    ShannyShanny Posts: 2,456
    edited November -1
    I had these installed in Kate's nursery because there was a sliding glass door (apartment) with ugly vertical blinds. I loved the look of them but they weren't the best at keeping light out. I guess it depends what way the window faces, how dark you or they like it. I do love the way they look and will probably do them in my house eventually.
    image_zps64579b54.png
  • Options
    babybabybabybaby Posts: 1,564
    edited November -1
    i haven't had any, but i think they look so nice. our family friends used to have a little cottage set right on a river and their windows overlooked the river with the plantation shutters, and it was so beautiful! you'll have to post pics if you get them. :)
  • Options
    A&JA&J Posts: 1,825
    edited November -1
    Thanks ladies.

Shanny, the light thing is already a big issue even with those outrageously expensive pottery barn kids blackout curtains we bought.

I didn't think about the extra space for opening them. I will have to think about this.

As far as look, I am just thinking of something to do to make the room a little more interesting. We are planning to have O share a room with the baby on the way. So, just want to change things up.
    th_img-191_zps90b22fea.jpg
    th_img-109_zps4769e6c4.jpg
  • Options
    fischfisch Posts: 570 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    We have them and love them. We also had the pottery barn black out curtains. We had them custom made for the whole house earn we moved in and they mark a huge difference on the look of the house. I think they keep it pretty dark (better than mini blinds). At first we were going to also put up the curtains, but we never did and he just got used to it.
    age.png

age.png