Skip to content
Welcome to our new forum! All existing NW Cryobank forum users will need to reset their passwords. Click forgot password and enter your email address to receive the link. Email us at info@nwcryobank.com with any questions.
NW Cryobank community boards and sibling connect groups will no longer be available after December 20th, 2023.
Options

Any tips on how to conceive a boy?:)

starviewchickstarviewchick Posts: 348
edited November -1 in Parenting and Life
Hi ladies,
I know, it is way to early to talk about another baby for me since I just delivered my daughter less than 2 weeks ago, but I am pretty sure I am going to try for a sibling some time sooner rather than later. I want them to be close in age - so maybe I'll start trying in 6-8 months - if all goes well. And this time I'd be really happy to have a boy. I read on-line that for a boy you want to have an intercourse - or inseminate - as close to ovulation as possible. But then another source said that it takes at least 8 hours for the sperm to swim to the egg? I inseminated at "+" OPK and then 24 hours after that and got a girl. I think I ovulated about 30 hours after my "+" OPK, at least this is when I felt some cramping. For those of you who conceived boys via AI - what was the timing? Also what do you think about the "boy" diet? Any other tricks you'd be willing to share? Thanks in advance.

S.