Skip to content
Welcome to our new forum! All existing NW Cryobank forum users will need to reset their passwords. Click forgot password and enter your email address to receive the link. Email us at info@nwcryobank.com with any questions.
NW Cryobank community boards and sibling connect groups will no longer be available after December 20th, 2023.
Options

Aiden's 3 yr. old well child visit and pictures

roses25roses25 Posts: 567
edited November -1 in Parenting and Life
Aiden had his 3 year old well child visit today. He's in the 1st-2nd percentile for both height and weight. He gained about 4 pounds and grew 3 inches over the past year. His doctor said he's small, but he looks very healthy. I totally agree with that as he doesn't look one bit skinny and is very proportional. I asked the doctor about Aiden's speech as he's probably going to need some articulation speech therapy at some point, and he suggested trying head start in a different county as our county said that his speech isn't bad enough to get services....Private services means driving 75 minutes each way to get speech at this point, and I'm considering it in the fall if I can get it tied into our same day we go for gymnastics. Oh, the joys of living in a rural area!

Here are some pictures from Aiden's 3rd birthday and our recent Disney World trip.

100_2292.jpg

100_2316.jpg

100_2345.jpg

100_2352.jpg

Carolyn
EBD822A6-1848-4872-A55B-C1ED22646371_zpsufz2fxda.jpeg
schm94df60emqyke.png
lazxi8i3cso8qa7m.png
lfngmjscscvr4zbw.png

Comments

• Options
    ZenZen Posts: 2,942
    edited November -1
    Love the pictures! Aiden is such a cute little boy :) Shiloh was behind in gaining milestones at a baby/toddler and I had her evaluated in therapy sessions for a year. Looking back I'm happy I did it (an ounce of prevention being worth a pound of cure) but I think a lot of her delays had to do with environment. And I don't say this because of anything negative. She was always with people who loved and cared for her. But in January of this year I switched her to a commercial daycare. And in 2 weeks she was on track with the other kids on the things they were learning. We're still working on some of the independence things (drinking from an open cup, getting dressed solo). I don't remember what Aiden's care situation is ... but maybe switching it up would yield the same positive results!
    AfUDuhU.jpgAfUDm4.png
  • Options
    tc0104tc0104 Posts: 579 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    What a cutie!
  • Options
    scifimomscifimom Posts: 1,173
    edited November -1
    I love the hoodie photo!!! He looks so happy in all these pics!
    EyNNm4.png
    zjng3tj.jpgzjngm4.png
  • Options
    OneSmallStepOneSmallStep Posts: 1,685
    edited November -1
    He's got such a great big smile, though he seems a lil unsure with Goofy, lol. Good luck with everything :)
    Hubby of kopykat451
    TTC #1 5/16/11 = BFP 14 DPI / TTC #2 11/16/12 = No O; 4/12/13= BFN; 6/9/13 = BFP!! (11 DPI) - MC 5wk5dys / TTC#3 3 BFN's and 4th try 10/21/13 = BFP!!!! (Squinter at 10dpi!)
    AVPCm4.png
    stitchlove_3_2013_zpsdd668ea6.jpg
    2014.png
  • Options
    old mamaold mama Posts: 4,682
    edited November -1
    I would have him reevaluted periodically as at one age he may not qualify but as he ages a bit he might later qualify. I agree with the challenge of living rurally. A few hrs. back our orthopedic surgeon wanted my daughter to have intensive PT on a daily basis to see if therapy would work before surgery. I would teach all day, grab up the kids, drive 50 miles, go to PT, grab dinner on the run and drive 50 miles home. We did it for months---waste of time she did end up having major ortho. surgery. Our school at the time didn't offer any PT services to anyone. We are so lucky now..different community but my kids get all their services at school.