Skip to content
Welcome to our new forum! All existing NW Cryobank forum users will need to reset their passwords. Click forgot password and enter your email address to receive the link. Email us at info@nwcryobank.com with any questions.
NW Cryobank community boards and sibling connect groups will no longer be available after December 20th, 2023.
Options

Car seat ?

ShannyShanny Posts: 2,456
edited November -1 in Parenting and Life
Is the "1 inch rule" just for rear facing or also pertains to FF? Can anyone point me to a resource that actually includes this as part of the limits of car seats?

My sister needs a new seat for her ex's car. Her daughter is 5.5, and super de duper skinny. She might weigh 40 pounds soaking wet. I'd suggest the Diono but money is an issue so what else can any recommend that would keep her in a 5 point harness as long as possible? TIA
image_zps64579b54.png

Comments

• Options
    friendamyfriendamy Posts: 588
    edited November -1
    the nautilus is great - and under $200 (I got one on amazon for $130 I think) - my 5yo is 44lbs and almost 46" tall... it harnesses to 65 pounds and for reference, my son is about halfway through the second harness slot - so he has the rest of this harness slot, and one more to go through. at a rate of around 1 slot a year, we'll have him in a harness till at least 6!

but to answer your original question, typically the 1 inch rule doesn't apply to FF - but that rule can be different depending on the seat so it's best to check the manual for that seat.
    Amy (39)
    DS (7) - d#470
    Boy, n.: a noise with dirt on it.

age.png