Skip to content
Welcome to our new forum! All existing NW Cryobank forum users will need to reset their passwords. Click forgot password and enter your email address to receive the link. Email us at info@nwcryobank.com with any questions.
NW Cryobank community boards and sibling connect groups will no longer be available after December 20th, 2023.

Questions about ovulation

blkbrd3blkbrd3 Posts: 1,221 ✭✭
edited November -1 in Trying to Conceive
I'd like a little advice please. I'm concerned that I'm not ovulating because my BBT doesn't spike very much.

Here's the back story. I'm 38 ant TTC my first child. I've been charting my cycle for at least 24 months. I'm very regular with an average of 25 to 26 day cycle.

I used to check my BBT daily but stopped after my home was broken into and burglarized and my iPad was stollen. The break in put my TTC efforts back 12 months while I took care of repairs, etc. :(

I've been checking LH surge and BBT for the last two cycles. Roughly 24 to 32 hours after my LH surge I have mild cramping, a night where I sleep really warm (I usually sleep with several blankets and once per month I sleep with a sheet or one light blanket), ECM, and a desire for a cuddle or two or four. No breast tenderness. I don't peek at my cervix because frankly I'm too fabulously fluffy.

The following moring my temp will be slightly higher. Generally it's 96.something and on that morning it's a low 97.15. So am I ovulating?

I'm seeing my PCP on the 16th for a preconception exam/ annual. Are there any questions I should ask him or tests I should request? If it were you and your PCP offered you Clomid or another ovulation medication to start out TTC with, would you tahe him up on it? Why or why not?
Tagged:

Comments

• KKF13KKF13 Posts: 269
    edited November -1
    Do you use fertility friend online? It's a great charting website. Also, I check the position of my cervix and cervical mucus. It seems like you are ovulating, though. Before I started TTC, I asked my doctor to check my FSH, thyroid and vitamin D levels (I like in Portland,OR and they were very low). Good luck starting! Also, if you haven't read it yet, the book "Taking Charge of your fertility" taught me a lot.
    tt10f84e.aspx
  • summerfunsummerfun Posts: 511
    edited November -1
    If you are getting a true positive result on OPKs then I would assume you are ovulating. I hope your appointment and tests go well!
    e4d5a024-bfbe-4943-a743-499ff97816a8_zps27bdb2c2.jpg
    Ho0Am5.png
  • blkbrd3blkbrd3 Posts: 1,221 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Thank you for your reassurances. I'll ask about my vitamin D levels. We don't get much sun here in Eugene, Or either.

I'm sure about the opk+. Those smiles are crystal clear.
  • LovingMomsLovingMoms Posts: 1,078
    edited November -1
    Sounds like you are on the right path. CD3 bloodwork to check FSH and AMH (Egg reserve and ovarian function. ). I would say that if you are getting a smiley then you are truely ovulating as those sticks are more accurate and take the guess work out.

If you have the time you can have your CD21 lab work done to check and make sure your ovulating. And your numbers are where their suppose to be.

My RE said not to rely on BBTs as they are not truly accurate. Based on weather, temp in your house, thermometer in the same spot every single time, etc. Temping can be stressful as well.

Good luck and hope everything works out for you!!!!!
    July 2011 BFP, miscarried at 5 weeks.
    aW7Dm4.png
  • emn'saremn'sar Posts: 393
    edited November -1
    Just want to clarify that just because you get a +opk, does not mean you ovulate. It only indicates that the LH is surging. Only temping, bloodwork and/or an ultrasound can prove that. I highly recommend Taking Charge of Your Fertility as well. Good luck in your ttc journey!
    IMG_3390_zpse5e180d0.jpg
    IMG_2211_zps372f01d9.jpg
    Avery 2.5 years and Julian 4.5 months