Skip to content
Welcome to our new forum! All existing NW Cryobank forum users will need to reset their passwords. Click forgot password and enter your email address to receive the link. Email us at info@nwcryobank.com with any questions.
NW Cryobank community boards and sibling connect groups will no longer be available after December 20th, 2023.

Questions about LH surge

blkbrd3blkbrd3 Posts: 1,221 ✭✭
edited November -1 in Trying to Conceive
In my honest opinon I believe I'm over analyzing things, but...

I've been tracking my LH surge the last two cycles as I prepare for my first iui in late August. This cycle I didn't get a smilie.

How long does the LH surge last? I'm wondering if it's possible to miss the LH surge or if I just didn't have one....

Additional facts:
I forgot to test on my first projected fertility day. I tested late in the day on day 2. I tested a total of two times on day 2. Day 3 I had some minor cramping that I generally associate wtih ovulation. Day 3, 4 and 5 I've tested three times a day with no smilie.

Comments

• old mamaold mama Posts: 4,682
    edited November -1
    Sounds like you have it covered AFTER you expected it but sometimes I have ovulated before...I like to start on cycle day 7 using the Answer strips as I can watch the second line darken...about day 10 I start also using the smileys twice a day...I like late morning and early evening. I was always able to catch it...my guess unfortunatly is that you may have ovulated early...but if you still have some smiley's left I would keep testing just to see...it would help to know this next cycle.
  • blkbrd3blkbrd3 Posts: 1,221 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Thank you for your response it made me feel much better.

After further reflection I think I just missed the surge. I saw my doctor this morning for a full pre-conception checkup and he thinks I may have missed it too.