Skip to content
Welcome to our new forum! All existing NW Cryobank forum users will need to reset their passwords. Click forgot password and enter your email address to receive the link. Email us at info@nwcryobank.com with any questions.
NW Cryobank community boards and sibling connect groups will no longer be available after December 20th, 2023.

Baby #2 - Woohoo!

annerbonesannerbones Posts: 1,812
edited August 2012 in BFP Database
So, this was very similar to my first child's conception - using the same donor.

I used OPK's all day waiting for positive. Started getting more and more positive at noon it was positive. Called my Midwife and scheduled an IUI for 8 hours past +OPK. Which seems early but, was pretty much identical to my DD's iui. I laid down for about 30 minutes, while talking to DD1 and the midwife - kind of weird but whatever works.

My areolas started getting darker but I thought maybe it was just me looking for signs. Then on 12 dpo - I got heartburn from re-fried beans, 13dpo same thing, thought that was weird especially for me took a test and holy crap! It was positive.

12dpo - negative
13dpo - positive

This will sound weir but DD1 was concevied to Darius Ruckers (Country music singer) cd. All day on the day of my ovulation and IUI I heard him on the radio. I was like, okay, okay I get it I am doing it. I took it as a strong sign.

This pregnancy ended up being a chemical pregnancy :(
raF7m7.png
Progesterone therapy and baby aspirin daily

Two miscarriages in between (August 2012 - same donor as Maggie, and December 2014 with husband)
Maggie
PNa0m7.png

Comments

• merilungmerilung Posts: 1,177
    edited November -1
    congratulations, annerbones! did you conceive on your first try both times?!
    TTC since September 2007 - 8 donor insems in 2012, all BFN. DH had varicocele repair #2 1/3/14.
    It worked! Two clomid cycles and two IUI's with injectables all BFN, on to IVF! 3dt of 2 perfect embryos on 12/15/14, BFP 7dp3dt! Frederick Lars born at 37 weeks on 8/15/15!! FET for #2 on 9/29/16 - BFP 5dp5dt!! Bertram Wilder and Mabel Moon born at 28.4 weeks on 3/29/17!
  • annerbonesannerbones Posts: 1,812
    edited November -1
    With DD1 it was 3rd try that got it, with this one it was fourth try over a year - I didn't try to conceived consecutively this time.
    raF7m7.png
    Progesterone therapy and baby aspirin daily

Two miscarriages in between (August 2012 - same donor as Maggie, and December 2014 with husband)
    Maggie
    PNa0m7.png
  • First HopeFirst Hope Posts: 511
    edited November -1
    Congrats! Great news!
    tt13112d.aspxQWRVm7.pngDSC_0904-1.jpgDSC_0858-1.jpg
  • old mamaold mama Posts: 4,682
    edited November -1
    Congratulations...you have your body figured out pretty well!!!!