Skip to content
Welcome to our new forum! All existing NW Cryobank forum users will need to reset their passwords. Click forgot password and enter your email address to receive the link. Email us at info@nwcryobank.com with any questions.
NW Cryobank community boards and sibling connect groups will no longer be available after December 20th, 2023.

BFP with IUI

cocolibbycocolibby Posts: 385
edited November -1 in BFP Database
This was overall attempt #10, but only attempt #2 with the RE (and I achieved pregnancy the first time with the RE as well, but it was a chemical). This makes me believe that DW and I were never getting the sperm where it needed to be, because both nurses and the doctor at the clinic have commented on how extremely difficult my cervix was to navigate through.

I had the IUI at 11:45 a.m. after triggering at 5:00 a.m. the day before - so almost 31 hours past trigger. I felt ovulation pains between 5-6 p.m. that night (so 36 hours after the trigger). I had that full feeling from the IUI just for that day and then was great for 1-3 dpo. I will say the trigger made me super tired this month, for several days. Like, wanting to cry at the thought of all the things I had to do with the kids because I just wanted to nap.

I had twinges, especially on the left side, on 4, 5 and 7 dpo (I had those the previous month with the chemical too, but they were milder this month - maybe my reproductive organs calmed down and were ready to accept a pregnancy?). I was irritable, especially in the "witching hour" at the end of the day around diner time, pretty much every day since 5-6 dpo. I was also gassy.

On 9 dpo, in the wee hours of the morning (so technically more like 8 dpo since I ovulated in the evening), I woke up with such extreme heartburn that I couldn't lay down anymore. I took a test, which was completely negative (this was testing out the trigger, it had been very slightly positive the day before). This happened in the wee hours of the morning every day for the next three days, only my tests became faintly positive and then darker (so BFP starting 10 dpo, but not quite willing to believe it yet). It wasn't exactly nausea, but close - a really yucky reflux feeling. I also had some loose stool during the day on those days, which I was NOT expecting (sometimes that happens to me right as AF starts). 9 dpo-14 dpo I had a headache almost constantly, felt tired but restless, and very mild cramps off and on - nothing like AF cramps, and nothing like the cramps I had with the chemical last month. Oh, and I was on fire. I was not temping, but I guarantee you I'd have a triphasic chart.

The weirdest symptom I think was the LACK of breast pain. I usually have EXTREME breast pain for a week before AF. Last month with the chemical it was a whole new level of unbelievable pain. This time, NOTHING during the TWW (but once I hit 5-6 weeks it was there with a vengeance, along with giant veins and Montgomery's tubercles).