Skip to content
Welcome to our new forum! All existing NW Cryobank forum users will need to reset their passwords. Click forgot password and enter your email address to receive the link. Email us at info@nwcryobank.com with any questions.
NW Cryobank community boards and sibling connect groups will no longer be available after December 20th, 2023.

Clomid ultrasound?

mporada1025mporada1025 Posts: 2
edited November -1 in Trying to Conceive
Hi ladies,
I'm new here, and my OB kinda sucks. I am currently on my third round of Clomid, and this time I requested an ultrasound.
I had my first ultrasound for Clomid monitoring today. The tech told me I had about 10 follicles each side, that it was normal for my age, and that it wasn't over stimulated.
She wouldn't give me any sizes of them, and I'm a little frustrated. I requested the ultrasound because I already had spontaneous twins and I know Clomid increases your chances, and I wanted to make sure there wasn't a ridiculous amount of follicles.
Did anyone else get the number and not sizes? I'm so frustrated.
Spontaneous twin boys 10/10, 15 weeks early, one perfect angel, one terrible two year old
New Year's Day 2012 BFP, m/c @ 7 weeks

Clomid round 1 August 2012, 5-9, 50 mg's BFN
Clomid round 2 September 2012, 5-9, 50 mg's BFN
Clomid round 3 November 2012, 3-7, 100 mg's

Comments

• LovingMomsLovingMoms Posts: 1,078
    edited November -1
    You should have been told the size of the follies. 10 on each side is way to many on clomid. If you don't know the size of the follies, then how are you suppose to know when to AI?

Typically for me on 150mg of clomid, I will get 3-5 follies; however typically only 2-3 are dominant.

I wish you the best of luck and I say you would need a new ultrasound tech. My RE is the one who does my scans, no assistant or tech.
    July 2011 BFP, miscarried at 5 weeks.
    aW7Dm4.png
  • HogwaffleHogwaffle Posts: 178
    edited November -1
    Well was this your ultrasound before you started Clomid, or at the midcycle? When I had mine the day before I started clomid I had 8 on one side and six on the other so I wouldn't think you are abnormally high. They also didn't tell me how big they were.

When I went for the mid cycle one big one was there on one side and two smaller but still good ones on the other. they told me the exact sizes then and when to take the trigger.
  • Jen727BFJen727BF Posts: 2,304
    edited November -1
    Hogwaffle's got a good point. If this was your midpoint u/s then yes they should have told you the size. I am presuming it is from your post. I rhink you should find another Dr.
    183190fb-4512-4f04-a781-76af2d6d42b0_zpsrvzisual.jpg
    TTC No. 2 since Aug. 2014; IVF #1 - Cxld; IVF #2 - BFN
  • mporada1025mporada1025 Posts: 2
    edited November -1
    Yeah it was midpoint. I was on cd 11. The tech was very sweet but I kept asking about the amount and size, and she said 'roughly' ten each and she wouldn't tell me the size. I'm actually pretty irritated about it, because the whole reason I wanted the stinking ultrasound was too see how many mature follicles I had, not how many were just sitting in there.
    Spontaneous twin boys 10/10, 15 weeks early, one perfect angel, one terrible two year old
    New Year's Day 2012 BFP, m/c @ 7 weeks

Clomid round 1 August 2012, 5-9, 50 mg's BFN
    Clomid round 2 September 2012, 5-9, 50 mg's BFN
    Clomid round 3 November 2012, 3-7, 100 mg's
  • TheOtherLovingMomsTheOtherLovingMoms Posts: 1,481 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Yeah that is definitely messed up that they didn't give you the sizes since it was mid cycle. If you don't know the sizes then how and the heck are you supposed to know if any of them are mature or even close to mature. I would call back and ask to speak to the dr and find out if he can tell you the sizes or better yet, find another Dr. As my wife said, when we go in to have our mid cycle ultrasound done, it has ALWAYS been the RE who has done the ultrasound, we have NEVER had a tech do it.
    Good luck
    IGXwm4.png
    I just turned 50 and fabulous!!! Enjoying life with my amazing family!!
    Mom to Rachel 33, Bethany 30, Rebekah 30, Zachrey 20 and several angel babies
    Grandma to Larissa 11, Brittney 11, Trevor 11, Destiny 7, Jayvin 6, Jackxon 3, Kaleb Joshua Rian 1. Grandbaby #8, Sariah Grace born 11-17-16
  • old mamaold mama Posts: 4,682
    edited November -1
    Size too is the most important thing to know for me...it will give you a general idea when to trigger and AI..unless your dr. is going to do the AI and tells you when to do it. I haven't had 10 but once 5 and the other time 6 but only 1-2 that were going to be big enough to do any good. Good luck to you.