Skip to content
Welcome to our new forum! All existing NW Cryobank forum users will need to reset their passwords. Click forgot password and enter your email address to receive the link. Email us at info@nwcryobank.com with any questions.
NW Cryobank community boards and sibling connect groups will no longer be available after December 20th, 2023.

Help! Should I cancel delivery for tomorrow?

preciousgiftpreciousgift Posts: 2,191
edited November -1 in Trying to Conceive
Hi. I am set to have my swimmers shipped out tomorrow!

This cycle. I am on no fertility meds (clomid, etc.). and have not taken any for about 5 months or so.

PROBLEM.... Today, cd 8, I am spotting.. around 7 am it was reddish/pink (sorry tmi)... and then now around noon it is brown. I also have some "crampy" type feelings in uterus area, and at times near the left ovary (around 7am) and now (noon) around rt ovary.

Yesterday, cd 7, I had no spotting but had a crampy type feeling in the vagina/ uterus....

What the heck is going on ???

The only thing I did different this month was take one baby aspirin since cd 1. I have done this other months but not recently.

Here is my fertility friend chart. My temps dropped a lot yesterday and today were low too. Could the extra low temps cause this?

My Ovulation Chart

Should I just skip this cycle and not have the swimmers shipped tomorrow? I really hate to do that b/c I have been on a break for several months and was real excited to try this month, but I don't want to waste money on shipping and swimmers if this is going to be a wonky cycle.

Sidenote- I have been semi sick for the past 3 or 4 days.
lg2wm5.png
........................... :) Trying again soon :)..................................
Tagged:

Comments

• preciousgiftpreciousgift Posts: 2,191
    edited November -1
    Yes, I use opks as well. I actually used a smiley last night and it was negative.... BUT the lines on the cartridge (I know they say you aren't supposed to read them but I always do and I find it helpful) were about 50% positive. I have learned that when I get a smiley they are definitely the same color 100% positive, so I have found they almost worked like lined tests to me. I have also used answer opk and smileys together, but I think I am using just smiles this month.
    lg2wm5.png
    ........................... :) Trying again soon :)..................................
    edited November -1
    Sarah... thanks for your responses...
    Yes, I could have them shipped today, I think...they'd be here tomorrow. But, I have never ovulated this early.... Today is only cd 8 for me. and the earliest I have ever ovulated was cd 13, and I have been tracking my temps/ opks for a year now.

Are you thinking it is ovulation?....
    lg2wm5.png
  • old mamaold mama Posts: 4,682
    edited January 2013
    Could you have scratched or irritated your vaginal area by checking for mucus or position of cervix? If it is just a tiny bit it might just be irritation. It is a tough call. I would be mad if nothing else happened and I ovulated but then again having to pay postage to send it out again next month is a factor too...why does this have to be so hard???? Good Luck to you. P.S. I clearly ovulated on day 9 last cycle...so when I have swimmers sent out for this cycle I am going to have them here early!
    edited January 2013
    old mama.... I did check my cervix yesterday evening. ... and the spotting was this morning... so who knows.... I pre set the shipping to go out on Friday, tomorrow 1/11,... I will see what my temperature is tomorrow morning... and if it is way up... I think I will cancel shipping....

But, if my temp is still low,, hovering around 97.0, I don't know what I will do.. I really don't want to waste the shipping money.... haven't won the lottery yet ya know...
    This just stinks...b/c last month, when I wasn't trying, my cycle was perfect.

Maybe stress too, since my ex boyfriend is coming around again.... this past Sunday, and yesterday....maybe he caused it.....lol...(stress)
    lg2wm5.png
    edited November -1
    It will ship out Friday, for delivery by 1:30pm on Saturday.

Yes, stress really can affect cycles... I know. :( I was just so excited to try again this month since I have been on a ttc break for several months (feels like several YEARS)
    lg2wm5.png
  • shauna2710shauna2710 Posts: 769 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I say go for it preciousgift. You know your body and your cycle better than anyone else. It's probably just a weird fluke. But if I was you, I would go for it.
    Cycle 6 was my lucky cycle! BFP!!!
    EDD 12/13/2013
    It's identical TWINS! They're GIRLS!
    7/20/2013 Sweet Baby A lost her battle with IUGR.
    8/26/2013 Feisty Baby B was born via emergency CSection 16 weeks premature
  • aplusaaplusa Posts: 1,919
    edited November -1
    Hey Precious! What the heck, right?!

My thoughts-
    1) if the ex boyfriend and you had sex, it is possible to be bleeding from that. (But perhaps less likely since that was this weekend?) and you don't have to say whether you were or not - this is just a thought.
    2) is it a fair amount - not a lot - but more than a drop or two? Could it be a polyp that popped? I hear those can cause a spot of bleeding, but usually aren't a big deal. I know you've been doing a bunch of things, but did you ever do a HSG or sono u/s? That would check for polyps.

Likely though, I'd just chalk it up to some weird bleeding that doesn't mean much - especially if it was a tiny amount or doesn't happen again.

If your temp is still low, I say go for the shipment tomorrow.

Hey! Did you try any natural fertility enhanced this month? I tried pregnitude one month and went from ovulating around CD 16 to ovulating on CD 11 with a HUGE follicle.... Also, I got a smiley that month but the lines were wonky and not what I usually got -- cause I read em too.

Good luck with whatever you decide!
    7NZpm4.png
    Lucky Cycle 14: IVF!! Antagonist Cycle with Lupron Trigger
    edited November -1
    aplusa... no sex with ex boyfriend... he wants to get back together, but I do not.. (he has too many issues that really need to be dealt with and he has not.... so nope that is def not it).

I never had an hsg. I did have a transvag ultrasound about 6 months ago, and there was no mention of polyps...

I am just wondering if it was maybe even from the big temp drop the last two days, which would indicate changing hormone levels....?

I still have brown spotting now... it is enough for a pantyliner.....

Uhhhh....

I did have something similar in Sept.... but it was on cd 13, 14, 15, 16 but according to my temps I did still ovulate that month (got smiley on cd 19and O on cd 21). ALTHOUGH that same month I did get a first smiley on cd 8! BUT, when I did a second smiley test with the SAME urine, that second one was negative...and cm was creamy (tmi) with a medium height.. not high cervix....so maybe a faulty smiley...?

So I am wondering if this month will be a repeat of that month....

Could the temp drop of .4 degrees from 97.4 to 97.0 have caused this.... thus reflecting a hormonal change, and hormonal cause of the spotting....?
    lg2wm5.png
    edited November -1
    Update.... just did another smiley opk, and it is still negative.... at 4pm
    lg2wm5.png
    edited November -1
    Sarah... thanks... that sounds kind of funny.. considering how everyone always wants a smiley....lol.... cervix is also low too
    lg2wm5.png
  • Jen727BFJen727BF Posts: 2,304
    edited November -1
    I think its a good sign that you did not get a + at 4 p.m. Fx that you haven't ovulated and this cycle is just mirroring that wonky cycle you had in Sept.
    183190fb-4512-4f04-a781-76af2d6d42b0_zpsrvzisual.jpg
    TTC No. 2 since Aug. 2014; IVF #1 - Cxld; IVF #2 - BFN
  • only_hopeonly_hope Posts: 102
    edited November -1
    For what it's worth, I don't think you've ovulated yet either.
    One month, my metal speculum-unbeknownst to me-had a tiny groove mark in it, and while doing my own cervical exam, I managed to scrape/cut my vaginal wall (at the time I didn't feel anything and didn't notice until the blood later on, making me think I was potentially ovulating.)
    So, my opinion, since you still don't have a +OPK and your cervix is still low, go ahead and keep the delivery. :)
    edited November -1
    Hey Precious,

As per the hormone levels causing the spotting/temp dip, I don't think so. In your LP a drop in temperature and spotting can indicate a drop in progesterone. During the follicular phase, on the other hand, there's not really any hormones dropping that would cause spotting. Your hormones can cause fluctuations in your temp though.

I'm with the others, unless you get some huge jump tomorrow - I say this cycle is still a go.
    7NZpm4.png
    edited November -1
    only_hope... I did check my cervix the night before the spotting.... (I checked cervix maybe around 9pm on 1/9, and then today 1/10 bam... spotting... But I did not use my speculum, just a finger..... hmmm... wonder if I didn't cut my nail short enough..?

But, I still don't get why I also had cramps.... actually the cramps started on 1/9 (slight cramps in vagina/ uterus area).... then today 1/10 the cramps were in the uterus area then near left ovary then near right ovary then back near uterus....and towards the end they kind of felt like very Mild af cramps.

As of 8pm, looks like spotting is done....

SO weird... I have never had these weird cramps at this point in my cycle.....I don't get it. I will do another smiley tonight just to see.... then I have to call tomorrow to tell them to ship or not to ship.... by noonish..

Thanks everyone for your help so far...
    lg2wm5.png
    edited November -1
    Oh... Sarah... I had this ticker set up for a while... and my cycle does vary, sometimes up to a week and 1/2.... so the ticker got off track. I think I may just delete it, b/c it is not accurate for me..I don't really even pay attention to it ....and actually kind of forgot about it...
    lg2wm5.png
    edited November -1
    I just fixed the ticker... it is weird on the site it says cd 9 is Friday.....(which they say is "today")...ok not totally accurate...about one day off....but better than before...
    lg2wm5.png
    edited November -1
    UPDATE... So I just did another opk smiley at 10pm... NO smiley yet.... So ,,, guess that is good... I think I will try to do one more tomorrow right around noon, and if it is a no smiley, I think I will call and tell them I still want the swimmers for this month, and they will ship them out Friday for Saturday delivery....
    lg2wm5.png
    edited November -1
    Sarah.. thanks .. I totally did not even notice that you have to adjust for time zones.... :P
    lg2wm5.png
    edited November -1
    Yeah ... I knew that my different length cyles threw the ticker off... some months28 days, some 34 days.. so that is what initially threw it off... But, it was not really important to me, not something I really pay attention to at all...b/c I track my cycles very closely on paper and on fertility friend.
    lg2wm5.png
    edited November -1
    yes!!!
    lg2wm5.png
    edited November -1
    Yay, Precious!!!! Good luck this month!! Rooting for you from down south!
    7NZpm4.png
    edited November -1
    thanks Sara and aplusa!
    lg2wm5.png
  • praying4onepraying4one Posts: 108
    edited November -1
    I say ship them babies!
    12/12 RE IUI donor DS 313 BFN :(
    1/13 RE ICI donor DS 901A BFN :(
    2/13 RE IUI 100mg clomid and hcg trigger 24hr iui 901A BFN :(
    3/17/15 BFP

tt1c2fda.aspx