Skip to content
Welcome to our new forum! All existing NW Cryobank forum users will need to reset their passwords. Click forgot password and enter your email address to receive the link. Email us at info@nwcryobank.com with any questions.
NW Cryobank community boards and sibling connect groups will no longer be available after December 20th, 2023.
Options

Genetics Are Crazy: Twincredibles

TheMFamilyTheMFamily Posts: 255
edited November -1 in Trying to Conceive
http://www.youtube.com/watch?NR=1&v=ctwhKXYsiss

This was just what I needed to see :)
Us: Together since '07, engaged '09, married '11. Trying to start a family since '09. 1 BFN.
Me: Child dev. degree, nanny to 5 for 5.5yrs, digital print artist, portrait photographer.
*Leaving. Message me if you'd like to keep in touch*

Comments

• Options
    old mamaold mama Posts: 4,682
    edited November -1
    I watched it. Very interesting. Wasn't the photo of the black/white couple's children interesting the ones with the teens and young adults the extreme differences in the skin coloring of all 5 of the children. I have some friends..the wife is full blood Chinese the husband white. Their three children are a beautiful mix of both one daughter has the darker skin tone as mom but all three definitely have Asian features. Now all three are married to white spouses...the grandchildren pretty quickly lost those Asian features...three of them if you look closely you might be able to say they are part Asian but a couple you really can't see it and one is actually almost blond. I very much want a dark haired dark eyed baby so to make sure I have the best chance had to chose donors who themselves are not mixed race....it's till a gamble as I am blue eyed and when I was young had blond hair. I am sure we both will absolutely adore who ever our children turn out but I understand your desire to create a child who looks like the both of you.
  • Options
    yhhfan15yhhfan15 Posts: 67
    edited November -1
    I think that is amazing! I read an article a few years back the mother was white father black. They had twins one white and one black. It's all about genetics and god on how your kids will look like. Neat story. :)
  • Options
    Jen727BFJen727BF Posts: 2,304
    edited November -1
    Thanks for sharing!
    183190fb-4512-4f04-a781-76af2d6d42b0_zpsrvzisual.jpg
    TTC No. 2 since Aug. 2014; IVF #1 - Cxld; IVF #2 - BFN