Skip to content
Welcome to our new forum! All existing NW Cryobank forum users will need to reset their passwords. Click forgot password and enter your email address to receive the link. Email us at info@nwcryobank.com with any questions.
NW Cryobank community boards and sibling connect groups will no longer be available after December 20th, 2023.

What have you done differently/ given up/ or started while ttc?

preciousgiftpreciousgift Posts: 2,191
edited November -1 in Trying to Conceive
I used to drink coffee everyday (maybe only 2 cups per day) but I gave it up completely over a year ago.

Been taking prenatal vitamins for over a year.
lg2wm5.png
........................... :) Trying again soon :)..................................
Tagged:

Comments

• sara291sara291 Posts: 1,042
    edited November -1
    Well I'm starting to track before trying for #2. With my son it took 11-cycles. Honestly the biggest help was checking my cervix daily. Not by feel but looking at it. It also allowed me to do AI much closer to my cervix. I slowly stopped trying all those natural suggestions & dropped down to 1 vial. After much research I also only used IUI vials.
  • preciousgiftpreciousgift Posts: 2,191
    edited November -1
    sara291... what do you mean by stopping natural suggestions..?
    lg2wm5.png
    ........................... :) Trying again soon :)..................................
  • emlklg444emlklg444 Posts: 645
    edited November -1
    I used to drink lots of green tea...but when ttc I cut down on the green tea and started drinking red raspberry tea instead. Also, I used to exercise rather heavily running and lifting weights most days of the week...I cut back on that too and started doing mostly yoga and walking to try and calm my body down during the ttc time.
    1st daughter born 9/26/2013 (bfp 2nd attempt at home ICI)
    2nd daughter born 3/8/2016 (bfp after 7 attempts at home ICI, 2 miscarriages, 1 D&C)
    age 36 evtim8.png
    age 39 K8qxm7.png
  • dnorris730dnorris730 Posts: 191
    edited November -1
    I got rid of caffeine which was basically like a slow death for me. I went from 3-4 energy drinks a day plus caffeine pills and mtn dew to maybe one glass of mtn dew a day. Mostly drink root beer now. Was so hard to give up! Also added in prenatals and eat healthier..no fast food, limit processed foods
    2013.pngMake an ovulation ticker

Waiting for my rainbow baby!
  • scorpiogrl7scorpiogrl7 Posts: 1,386
    edited November -1
    I gave up caffeine, only eat organic and non-GMO, avoid aspartame and/or high fructose corn syrup like the plague. I am 90% vegan anyway but now I limit my processed meat substitutes.
    ZVvim5.png
  • aplusaaplusa Posts: 1,919
    edited November -1
    I often get myself a Sunkist (probably the worst soft drink you can have), deli sandwiches, or ice tea after a BFN, too, Rushings!! :)

I gave up soda a few years ago for a funny health reason, never drank coffee -- so, basically I've been watching out for soy more and I don't eat sandwiches just about ever. Though, I did demand we get deli sandwiches this weekend as they are one thing I love the best.

I've tried a whole slew of natural supplements over the months, but now I'm just down to prenatal vitamins and vegetarian DHA.
    7NZpm4.png
    Lucky Cycle 14: IVF!! Antagonist Cycle with Lupron Trigger
  • old mamaold mama Posts: 4,682
    edited January 2013
    Gave up the caffeine drinks too but finding it hard to give up chocolate so I limit myself and try not to keep it in the house as I can NOT resist. I am eating all the foods from the fertility foods list I can stand but food budget is tight feeding my troop so I eat way too many starches. If I get PG and get gestational diabetes I am going to be in trouble!
    edited November -1
    Speaking of chocolate... I had a little bit of chocolate ice cream...well it is actually made with almonds...maybe 3 tablespoons... I am in the tww...is that really bad???
    lg2wm5.png
  • aplusaaplusa Posts: 1,919
    edited November -1
    Oh, Precious. I had this whole post I was going to post and then said, ahhh, nevermind. Clearly I should have!

Old Mama's post made me think about my TOTAL breakdown a bunch of cycles ago. I drink a glass of chocolate milk every morning. I realized, like seven months in, Duh! Chocolate = Caffeine. Total and Utter FreakOut Begin. After a lot of crying, I'm sure, but can't totally remember, I realized one glass of chocolate milk (or bowl of ice cream) is not the devil. It is not the straw that is breaking the fertility camel's back.

Don't worry!
    7NZpm4.png
    Lucky Cycle 14: IVF!! Antagonist Cycle with Lupron Trigger
    edited November -1
    Ok..I was freaking out a bit... I thought, hmm... bad timing to eat chocolate. I haven't been in the tww for a while so I kind of just forgot...oops.
    lg2wm5.png
  • old mamaold mama Posts: 4,682
    edited January 2013
    Doesn't all this sacrifice make you mad sometimes. I know a lady right now who drank one Mt. Dew after another..her only beverage and she went through it by the case ate Doritos by the bagful and popped chocolate bars night and day , smoked pack after pack of cigarettes and popped out six children bing bing. Here we are worried about a few lousy bites of ice cream. Life is NOT fair!
  • sara291sara291 Posts: 1,042
    edited November -1
    sara291... what do you mean by stopping natural suggestions..?

Oh I meant like eating, drinking & so on. Pineapples, juices, cough medicine, teas. I did try to increase water & eat healthy. I tried all of the suggestions you can think of & none of the cycles worked. The cycle I got by BFP ( after 11 cycles) I did nothing. It was nice. Not doing all those things took some of the stress away. I did not need to think or worry about TTC daily. The first few cycles you think about it a ton it seems but the 11th not so much. The last cycle I just went with the flow & did not stress or try all of these suggestions.
  • tyme2risetyme2rise Posts: 1,087
    edited November -1
    How do you not stress?
    Some day my dreams will come true!
  • kstarrkstarr Posts: 1,008
    edited November -1
    i found this article about breastfeeding and caffeine. i thought it would also be good for ttc. some of the amounts are so minor. there are charts at the end of the article with amounts for popular sources of caffeine.

http://www.babycenter.com/0_caffeine-and-the-nursing-mom_4488.bc
    k4xs7.jpg
    ICI #1 April 2012- BFN ICI #2 March 2013 BFN
    DH had vasectomy reversal October 2013. It worked!!!
    Counts are low, varicocele surgery was in August 2014.
    IVF February 2016 w/ICSI transferred 2 perfect blastocysts. It's twins!!!!
    Two perfect, beautiful boys born 10/24/16!!
  • gonnabeamommasoongonnabeamommasoon Posts: 257
    edited November -1
    Well, let's see. I have always taken a muti vit, but switched to pre natels a few years ago. I started keeping track of my cycle lenght and it was perfect until I started TTCing (of course), I have lost almost 60lbs, no pop (or caffine), almost no precessed food, and I do mild to moderate exercise. I got out of a very stressful relationship and am in a much better one. I am over all in a better place. :D
  • griesskgriessk Posts: 156
    edited November -1
    I have read that it would take 16 Hershey's bars to equal the amt of chocolate in a cup of coffee. Don't worry about it girls;-) From this website listed, this looks to be accurate!
    HbUym5.png
    edited November -1
    kstarr.... thanks for the link to the caffeine chart... it is helpful!
    lg2wm5.png
  • kstarrkstarr Posts: 1,008
    edited November -1
    you're welcome :D
    k4xs7.jpg
    ICI #1 April 2012- BFN ICI #2 March 2013 BFN
    DH had vasectomy reversal October 2013. It worked!!!
    Counts are low, varicocele surgery was in August 2014.
    IVF February 2016 w/ICSI transferred 2 perfect blastocysts. It's twins!!!!
    Two perfect, beautiful boys born 10/24/16!!