Skip to content
Welcome to our new forum! All existing NW Cryobank forum users will need to reset their passwords. Click forgot password and enter your email address to receive the link. Email us at info@nwcryobank.com with any questions.
NW Cryobank community boards and sibling connect groups will no longer be available after December 20th, 2023.

Ovulation PLEASE HELP - Late Ovulation *UPDATE*

TheMFamilyTheMFamily Posts: 255
edited February 2013 in Trying to Conceive
1567p7q.jpg

My notes...

CD 13- Almost positive OPK, temp 96.6
CD 14 - Negative OPK, cervix is high and soft, temp 97.1

-CD 15- 2 positive OPK's, cervix is extremely low, somewhat firm, but clearly open. Temp 96.7. CM is wet, but creamy.

-CD 16-
OPK: Extremelyyyy positive (must be the absolute peak)
Cervix: is low and very firm, still feels somewhat open...
Cervix 30mins later: now way up high, much softer and wide open!
CM: Wet, slight EWCM (rarely have any)
Clear Blue Fertility Monitor: Still showing "high fertility" but no "peak" aka ovulation, BUT because this is my first cycle using it, it's not supposed to truly work properly.
Temp: 96.8

-CD17-
Assuming I'm ovulating, travelled CD17-CD20. Temp 96.5 (temp dipped, confirming I ovulated?)

-CD19-
Cervix: Low, closed, clearly angled
CM: Wet, but I've been drinking lots more water and tea.

-CD21-
OPK: SUPER and INSTANTLY positive
Cervix: Very high, soft, OS pouring EWCM!
CM: EWCM! More than I've seen in over a year!
Clear Blue Fertility Monitor: Shows peak/ovulation for the first time.
Temp: Up to 97.33 (my normal for after ovulation...)

So, I traveled the actual day I was supposed to ovulate (CD 17-CD20). Maybe my body put the breaks on ovulating at the last possible second, sort of "holding its breath" for a few days until I returned home? Here I am, CD 21, and returned home last night and am CLEARLY ovulating. Maybe my LH built up over those few days and I'm super ovulating today?

I suppose this makes sense?

CD 15: Getting ready to ovulate
CD 16: Definitely positive, due to ovulate on time the following day
CD 17-CD 20: Traveling. Body decides not to ovulate just yet?
CD 20: Return from my trip around 7pm
CD 21: Morning after I return from my trip, CLEARLY ovulating.
Us: Together since '07, engaged '09, married '11. Trying to start a family since '09. 1 BFN.
Me: Child dev. degree, nanny to 5 for 5.5yrs, digital print artist, portrait photographer.
*Leaving. Message me if you'd like to keep in touch*

Comments

• TheMFamilyTheMFamily Posts: 255
    edited February 2013
    I hear all the time that traveling can absolutely affect your cycle and ovulating. I also believe this is what possibly happened when we traveled to our known donor one year ago.
    Us: Together since '07, engaged '09, married '11. Trying to start a family since '09. 1 BFN.
    Me: Child dev. degree, nanny to 5 for 5.5yrs, digital print artist, portrait photographer.
  • mommylovemommylove Posts: 1,582
    edited November -1
    Ovulation can absolutely be delayed by any type of stressful or out of the norm situation, travel included. Regardless, it would seem you have your ovulation symptoms down pat and will be prepared when the time comes. Good luck in moving forward!
    be422225-267e-4ff7-94c0-a8d5baf3176a_zpse0970fea.jpg
    October 2014

Dk5Zm7.png

22gfm7.png
    edited November -1
    mommylove wrote:
    Ovulation can absolutely be delayed by any type of stressful or out of the norm situation, travel included. Regardless, it would seem you have your ovulation symptoms down pat and will be prepared when the time comes. Good luck in moving forward!

Thank you for calming me down lol :) Fingers crossed for next cycle!!
    edited February 2013
    EWCM is gone, cervix became hard and low last night, but still a regular +OPK at 5pm.

This morning? EWCM is still gone, temp up to 97.45, cervix is back up high, soft and open, andddd this:

v5znzr.jpg

Thoughts?

Not inseminating this cycle, but if you were what would you do?

What would you base insem off of??
  • aplusaaplusa Posts: 1,919
    edited November -1
    Gosh. That's really hard. I've always based my inseminations off of my first +OPK - and I can't really remember a cycle where my other symptoms didn't line up within a reasonable period of time.

I think my approach would be to see how this cycle relates to your other cycles. Everyone has weird cycles - either because of traveling, a fluke, whatever -- but, what pattern can you see from your other cycles that would help?
    7NZpm4.png
    Lucky Cycle 14: IVF!! Antagonist Cycle with Lupron Trigger
    edited November -1
    Thank you!

I know I'm over thinking it, next cycle will likely be totally normal. I've never felt so much bloaty ovulation cramps than this cycle. I feel like I'm hyper ovulating this cycle but I'm not on any meds. Next cycle we'll be using 2 vials and attempting at home IUI if my dang tomcat would hurry up and get here! It's on back order. Fingers crossed next cycle is very basic and easily deciphered.
    edited November -1
    3 hours after taking the above tests (cycle day 22) my ovulation cramps went away completely. One might assume they ended because the egg finally released? Could my LH have peaked so high that yesterday's (cycle day 21) prediction of ovulating today (28hrs later) was correct and today's test was the still high LH as it dropped just before ovulation? I can still feel *something* going on with my left ovary, but my ovaries feel drastically different than they did this morning.

Any thoughts or advice?
    edited November -1
    Okay, it's now 14hrs after this morning (CD 22)'s clearly positive OPK and CBEFM. My bloated, crampy feeling has come and gone throughout the day and is definitely back this evening. I decided to take another OPK to make sure my LH is dropping and these cramps are just sort of leftover aches. It's been 38hrs since CD 21's +OPK and +CBEFM. Either I didn't ovulate earlier today or I'm ovulating again. If my CBEFM is still + in the morning I'm going to be baffled. I feel like my ovaries are going to frigging explode!

30d8r3o.jpg
  • old mamaold mama Posts: 4,682
    edited November -1
    There is nothing like the stress of AI to delay ovulation. I can have the best right on time and lots of ewcm on the cycles I am not AIing. Take a deep breath and just be ready when your body is. I wish you so much luck!
  • merilungmerilung Posts: 1,177
    edited November -1
    The CBEFM automatically gives you two 'peak' fertility days once it picks up on an LH surge - it's not actually reading the sticks any more at that point.
    TTC since September 2007 - 8 donor insems in 2012, all BFN. DH had varicocele repair #2 1/3/14.
    It worked! Two clomid cycles and two IUI's with injectables all BFN, on to IVF! 3dt of 2 perfect embryos on 12/15/14, BFP 7dp3dt! Frederick Lars born at 37 weeks on 8/15/15!! FET for #2 on 9/29/16 - BFP 5dp5dt!! Bertram Wilder and Mabel Moon born at 28.4 weeks on 3/29/17!
  • caliejonescaliejones Posts: 222
    edited November -1
    Ovulation can also be affected by ibuprofen. Ever since I quit taking it my cycle has been right on like a rock star. Don't know if that info could help you, but any info can't hurt. FX for you!
    34t6ff7.jpg
    edited November -1
    Old mama-- Thank you! I was just hoping this cycle would be simple lol dang work ski trip!

Merilung-- I had read that, but the extremely positive cheap OPK and fertile cervix is what boggled my mind.

Caliejones-- I have been avoiding all meds like crazy, including ibuprofen, but you're right, that is great to know! Thank you! :)