Skip to content
Welcome to our new forum! All existing NW Cryobank forum users will need to reset their passwords. Click forgot password and enter your email address to receive the link. Email us at info@nwcryobank.com with any questions.
NW Cryobank community boards and sibling connect groups will no longer be available after December 20th, 2023.

semi-private forum

melmel Posts: 793
edited November -1 in NW Cryobank Happenings
I posted some pictures of my babies and noticed I had about 10x as many thread views as responses. My kids are pretty cute, are you people made of stone?! Seriously though, it makes me think of all the lurkers and you never really can know who is out there. I didn't post pictures at all for that reason at first, but I have felt more comfortable since I know a couple of the mods and know they would delete a post if necessary.

Anyway, I started thinking it would be nice if we had a forum that could only be accessed after a particular number of posts. On another board I read, some forums only open up after a particular time as a member AND a minimum number of posts, and I think it works quite well to create a safer space for others to share.

Would that be a possibility here?
Jjr6m5.png

Comments

• L & JL & J Posts: 1
    edited November -1
    Yes, there are many lurkers because you are posting on a website that is accessed by anyone and everyone that wants to, (comes with the territory) so If you are uncomfortable about posting pictures then don't do it.. It is your choice. Also, there are many private boards out there if you really feel the need to share your pics and need the privacy.
    MYJgm7.png

cKOum7.png
  • friendamyfriendamy Posts: 588
    edited November -1
    keep in mind though that everytime someone vises the post it counts. whenever you open it to read the replies, or if I was the first to reply and then someone else posted and I went back to see their post. I know that I'll open a post 5 or 6 times just because I forget if I've seen it LOL or I forgot if I posted a comment. :)
    Amy (39)
    DS (7) - d#470
    Boy, n.: a noise with dirt on it.

age.png
  • sara291sara291 Posts: 1,042
    edited November -1
    I know this is an old post but I figured I'd respond anyways since I think itvwould be easy to make a new more private group.
  • jausi001jausi001 Posts: 1
    edited November -1
    Also, there are many private boards out there if you really feel the need to share your pics and need the privacy.
    Famous Oil Paintings
    Flower Oil Paintings
  • SheldonSheldon Posts: 8
    edited November -1
    There is a Private Forum in this category, we can make one for each section. Just give us your feedback.
  • annerbonesannerbones Posts: 1,812
    edited November -1
    I think a private forum would be a great idea. It would be nice if when you registered you had to prove you were a NW client.

Sheldon, not sure how much you check the forum or if anyone at NW moderates the forum aside from moderators. But it might be time to update the rules and either give all the moderators the same powers or start over with new moderators or no moderators.
    raF7m7.png
    Progesterone therapy and baby aspirin daily

Two miscarriages in between (August 2012 - same donor as Maggie, and December 2014 with husband)
    Maggie
    PNa0m7.png
  • new4428new4428 Posts: 1
    edited November -1
    Everyone, at one point in their life, asks how to make easy money online. For the majority, this question goes unanswered and the idea is scratched. For the rest of us, the question is answered, and we find a new career. Before you scratch that idea, start some research and find out what is truly achievable for you.